Some thoughts & observations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msbxa

Reaction score
I come to this forum to read stuff every now and then, sometimes make posts when I want input on some issue or to try to hear some advice that will help me grow or open my mind to new perspectives.

Sometimes it can seem comforting to hear that there are many other people with similar problems, and I'm not the only one struggling with certain issues. On the other hand sometimes it is easier to deal with or forget your problems when you hear about other's problems that are different.

One thing I have noticed about this forum though is that it also can seem depressing and grim at times. Seems there is a lot of dissatisfaction with people on here, being down on themselves, and/or complaining about various issues. 

It's like, there are a lot of people who just can't be satisfied with themselves for a variety of issues. Maybe in this world today, most people are actually unhappy with something about themselves or in their lives?

Whatever it is, most people have some issue I think. Different issues that people have can quite vary. In fact if a person has "no" problems, what kind of a person is that even? A person who hides it well? I think it is actually "normal" to be dissatisfied with something. Actually it is difficulties that make us grow as a person, makes us humble, etc. A person with "no" problems, what do they even become?

I think it's likely safe to say that ALL, not most, people have some kind of issue with their situation/body/mind. No one will ever be 100% happy. There is always something, even if it's along the lines of "OMG, my maid didn't iron my underwear :club: "

I think a lot of the time, for the people of this forum, they won't let themselves get better. It could be for a variety of things holding them back, from fear or bitterness or even just entitlement or the desire to blame everyone but themselves. They will only move on and get better when they are ready to. Until then, very little that anyone says will do any good.

I think it's a given that many people come here hurt and struggling, and choose to express that here when it's not well-received many other places. I wouldn't go to a forum for, say, programming, to let out my problems about my family, meeting people, etc, because it doesn't really belong there. It does belong here. Being alone for a long time, coping with abuse and isolation, fighting depression or anxiety, or struggling to connect can do serious damage to a person's self-esteem.

A forum named A Lonely Life, unsurprisingly, attracts people who resonate with it on some level. I do see that advice is limited sometimes and people may not be able to do much except relate, but that's something that happens on forums with limited members if the problems are complex. In the end it is up to people to push for change in their life, and the forum is here to express themselves.

Latest posts

Back