I am lookiing for an intelligent intellectual penpal.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eraserhead

Reaction score
Hello,

I have felt out of place for much of my life, largely in part due to what I perceive as a superior intellect to the people who surround me. I hope that doesn't sound too conceited; cause believe me, it's not; I am no Stephen Hawking, it's just that most of the people I meet are of the Beavis and Butthead variety, only Beavis and Butthead are smarter. :D

I am looking for an intelligent, intellectual snail mail pen pal, which will hopefully develop into a stimulating, worthwhile friendship. I am not interested in email/private message correspondence.

I have a range of interests which I will not divulge here at the moment. 

If anyone is interested, could you please reply here or via private message, describing yourself (age, gender, location, etc) and listing your interests and passions. I will reply with my own vital statistics to anyone with whom I feel I may be able to develop a common bond and then perhaps we can correspond.

If no one is interested, then fresia you all. :D

Regards, 
Eraserhead. :cool:

I read some of the book of Stephen Hawking, "The brief history of time".

I could send you an invite, but that kind of a friendship is bizzare.

Yukongirl said:
Eraserhead....could never decide what that movie was about, if anything...

Parental anxiety. Granted, it took me a second viewing to comprehend the theme, but yeah. There's something underneath all the weird imagery.

But yeah, I also suggest the OP try PM correspondence for a bit. Not everyone's going to feel comfortable divulging their private information right away.

reynard_muldrake said:
Yukongirl said:

Not everyone's going to feel comfortable divulging their private information right away.

I am not asking for private info, merely a short description and location as in country. Obviously I don't want to be sending letters to some one who lives in the amazon rain forest as they aren't likely to receive them; the rain forest's postal service isn't of the required standard or so I hear.

Such disappointing replies in this thread. I'm merely looking for someone intelligent to correspond with via snail mail and people immediately go off-topic giving me advice as though I'm a silly 14 year-old girl and talking about Stephen Hawking and the movie Eraserhead as though you can't discuss that elsewhere.But that's all one can expect from the internet I suppose.

Please do not reply unless it's to help me with my original request, thanks.

Eraserhead said:
reynard_muldrake said:
Yukongirl said:

Not everyone's going to feel comfortable divulging their private information right away.

I am not asking for private info, merely a short description and location as in country. Obviously I don't want to be sending letters to some one who lives in the amazon rain forest as they aren't likely to receive them; the rain forest's postal service isn't of the required standard or so I hear.

Such disappointing replies in this thread. I'm merely looking for someone intelligent to correspond with via snail mail and people immediately go off-topic giving me advice as though I'm a silly 14 year-old girl and talking about Stephen Hawking and the movie Eraserhead as though you can't discuss that elsewhere.But that's all one can expect from the internet I suppose.

Yikes. I considered responding to this, but if this is how you react when things don't go your way, then no thanks. Threads (on any forum) go off-topic all the time, so your distress over this just puzzles me.

Eraserhead said:
reynard_muldrake said:
Yukongirl said:

"Snail mail" requires private info....as in where exactly in the world they are.  This is the only thing you've posted on the forum.  Maybe you should try getting to know people better here, letting them get to know you by posting more on the forum about who you are and let them get a sense of you. 

You can say I'm not helping with the original request, but I am.  Airing concerns is helping, maybe not YOU, but it's still helping.

Also, lighten up, intelligent people can make jokes and go off topic also. lol

Eraserhead said:

Insulting people on the internet, which you are on by the way, isn't a very intelligent thing to do either. How can people have an intelligent insightful conversation with someone who is going to get upset over the slightest little thing? Food for thought.

That being said, to the rest, the OP did state what they are looking for. It's not up to anyone to say what people should and shouldn't do, it's none of your business. If someone wants to contact the OP and give them their address that's up to them, just as long as no one posts it publicly on the boards. It's no different when people take part in card exchanges and give out others their address.

How utterly absurd.

I would kindly ask a moderator to remove all replies to this thread and leave only my original post, if possible.

It would be appreciated, thank you.

Eraserhead said:
How utterly absurd.

I would kindly ask a moderator to remove all replies to this thread and leave only my original post, if possible.

Nope. That won't change anything and is a pretty absurd request just because you don't like the responses you've received.

Sci-Fi said:
Eraserhead said:
How utterly absurd.

Nope.  That won't change anything and is a pretty absurd request just because you don't like the responses you've received.

So changing the thread by removing the replies 'won't change anything'.

It's not an absurd request at all because this thread after the first post comprises of two pages of off-topic drivel. I pity anyone who takes the time to read it. But whatever, have it your way.

I've lost interest in the idea now so you can even close it if you wish; I'm not bothered. 

Perhaps I'll take a dander over to anevenlonelierlife.com instead, destined as I am for a life of perpetual futility.

I just want to say that I didn't mean to offend anyone in this thread.

I just got annoyed with people giving unwanted advice and making small chat about movies in a thread that I started in order to find a friend to help ease the loneliness of my existence. I expected people on alonelylife.com of all places to understand that.

Then when I asked people not to reply unless it was to help me with my request, I got three more unwanted replies and that just annoyed me again.

So apologies for the misunderstanding. We got off on the wrong foot.

Anyway, if any intelligent, intellectual person is out there and is interested in writing and snail-mail correspondence please contact me via PM and perhaps we will write each other if we have something in common.

Well this is a waste of time no doubt but I am looking for a lady between the ages of 25 and 38. Interested in:

Philosophy
Sports
Literature
Music
Film
Art
Psychology
Criminology
Comedy
Gothic culture
Kinky sex in awkward positions
Stuffing her face with burgers

Etc.

Please if you're out there contact me because I'm bored.

Thanks.

Eraserhead said:
Anyway, if any intelligent, intellectual person is out there and is interested in writing and snail-mail correspondence please contact me via PM and perhaps we will write each other if we have something in common.

Can I ask why snail mail? 

That is a deal breaker for me as I don't own a stamp and then you would have my address.. so you know... seems like a big stumbling block.

Eraserhead said:
Well this is a waste of time no doubt but I am looking for a lady between the ages of 25 and 38. Interested in:

Philosophy
Sports
Literature
Music
Film
Art
Psychology
Criminology
Comedy
Gothic culture
Kinky sex in awkward positions
Stuffing her face with burgers

Etc.

Please if you're out there contact me because I'm bored.

Thanks.

that list covers most things so you should be inundated by now. Its a shame you cut at 38 years as I know loads of intelligent ladies who are over 38 and like kinky sex and having their faces stuffed with burgers.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Can I ask why snail mail? 
You have a lovely name.

I like writing by hand as it's more personal.

I don't like computers.

I don't like the world.

I'm really not going to track anyone down to their home address and horribly disfigure them; not unless their letters continually irk me with spelling mistakes and poor punctuation anyway.

If anyone is ever interested and feels they fit closely the description, feel free to PM or email.

I'm not going to post anymore and rarely will I be logging in.

Bye.

Latest posts

Back