Feel better at night or daytime?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilE

Reaction score
Lately ever since my depression and anxiety have gotten worse, at times even severe, I fine solace at night. Starting in the evening, like a few hours before I rest all the way until the early morning hours if I am still awake. I feel so calm at night and the depression and anxiety lift a bit, I feel somewhat normal. Maybe it is because I feel like I survived another day. I chase this nighttime sanity so bad that lately I have been looking forward to the night and trying to prolong it by staying up as late as possible. I have been falling asleep anywhere from 2am to 5am everyday and to avoid the morning and daytime I get up around noon or 1pm.

When I do get up in the morning the first thing I feel is dread and anxiety, if I am feeling depressed I feel cold and even physical pain which makes it feel impossible to get out. I feel like what is the point of getting up if I already know what today is going to bring, loneliness, anxiety, desperation, worrying, ruminating, isolation. But once I am awake I can't stay in bed too long otherwise I will have anxiety attacks due to my thoughts (thanks anxiety for helping me get out of bed lol).

I want to hear from you guys. Do you feel better during the day, at night, or does it not make a difference?

lilE said:
Lately ever since my depression and anxiety have gotten worse, at times even severe, I fine solace at night. Starting in the evening, like a few hours before I rest all the way until the early morning hours if I am still awake. I feel so calm at night and the depression and anxiety lift a bit, I feel somewhat normal. Maybe it is because I feel like I survived another day. I chase this nighttime sanity so bad that lately I have been looking forward to the night and trying to prolong it by staying up as late as possible. I have been falling asleep anywhere from 2am to 5am everyday and to avoid the morning and daytime I get up around noon or 1pm.

When I do get up in the morning the first thing I feel is dread and anxiety, if I am feeling depressed I feel cold and even physical pain which makes it feel impossible to get out. I feel like what is the point of getting up if I already know what today is going to bring, loneliness, anxiety, desperation, worrying, ruminating, isolation. But once I am awake I can't stay in bed too long otherwise I will have anxiety attacks due to my thoughts (thanks anxiety for helping me get out of bed lol).

I want to hear from you guys. Do you feel better during the day, at night, or does it not make a difference?

Sometimes, if I'm up in the very early night, I find myself becoming easily bothered or anxious. I find myself thinking of things or events that have caused me much distress. It'll usually take me some time to fall asleep again because of this. Mornings aren't usually so bad since I spend time focusing on work or other tasks. So yeah, my experience is the opposite of yours.

It's the opposite for me. During the day I can at least feel productive and connected if I'm out at work, gardening, or doing other activities. I feel "normal" in a sense and I'm too busy to think too much about my social life or family. When I come home and it's just me and my PC, it's harder to look at things positively.

I always feel more relaxed and happy at night. Mainly because my work day is over, most responsibilities are taken care of for the day and I can focus on me... and Tv!

I prefer the day time because there is more to occupy my mind. At night I tend to spend most of my time in my head.. which is why I tire myself out so I can fall asleep at 9pm lol

Nighttime. My worrisome responsibilities are over for another day and I indulge my customary ritual of enjoying 2 Swiss chocolate bars while reading escapist science fiction. I sleep well and always have vivid dreams, frequently disturbing dreams that come from a mostly unsatisfactory life, but sometimes wish fulfillment dreams too.
Mornings are dreadful. Another day of worrying, anxious caring for someone who's slowly dying and was a real nuisance for many years.
There is absolutely no one whom i can lean on for help or relief.

Night, I dislike the sun since I am always feeling hot like he'll so summer is the worst period of the year. At night is almost like I'm ahead of the world

I feel positive and optimistic during the day. Once it gets dark, I start to feel melancholic and lonely.

Night. Definitely. It is currently 11pm Eastern Australian Summer Time, and I'm in my zone. Sunrise is an unwelcome assault,

Latest posts

Back