Whats the best activity that you can do with friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMann

Reaction score
It used to be video games for me. I used to be a social gamer in the past.

But what activities do you know that are awesome to have with friends?

in case if I find a few, and I wont lose them fast.

These days, I do dinner once in a while with friends.... My friends and I aren't able to get together as often as we used to when we were in our younger years!

A dinner with friends is a great activity.

Same with everyone else. When we age we dont have the motivation to maintain as many relationships.

Well Dan, Its not that we don't have the motivation, its more like Life gets in the way and we have more responsibilities than we used to when we were young.

Most of my friends have full time jobs, as do I, also, families... (mine is growing), extended family and everyday responsibilities that take priority over partying with friends.

We love to talk and catch up with our friends, but its not always possible to do so.

Friends are only worth having if their values are close to yours or you admire/like something about them.

I hate hanging with idiots or people who I feel are below me.

Do you feel the same?

DanMann said:
Friends are only worth having if their values are close to yours or you admire/like something about them.

Do you feel the same?

What qualifies as "below you"?

Personally speaking, the better friendships I've had were ones where both of us shared similar values and interests. Any friendships without those things quickly withered on the vine. This isn't the case for *everyone*, though, which is fine. It's just not for me.

DanMann said:

Do you feel the same?

That's really cranky to say. I think friendships can come from anywhere, out of anyone. Not sure what you consider below you, but I personally don't think anyone is below me or above me or whatever else.

Where I live - the best activity would be a day-trip tramping around on one of the islands out in the gulf. Unfortunately most people are too busy for that, or they can't afford it with their families take care of.

Worst activity: just sitting around at a cafe/bar, unless it's after work. Movie, for obvious reasons. Gaming... if you're logging on at the same time maybe.

Just look for a common interest you both have have and when you are together just do it. Humans are so complex that it can be anything.

reynard_muldrake said:
DanMann said:

Do you feel the same?

What qualifies as "below you"?

Personally speaking, the better friendships I've had were ones where both of us shared similar values and interests. Any friendships without those things quickly withered on the vine. This isn't the case for *everyone*, though, which is fine. It's just not for me.
People who give up easily in life. Those who choose to do honeysuckle jobs, read little, explore little and invest little in anything.

Worse are those who are ignorant and cant construct a valid argument.

TheRealCallie said:
What are "honeysuckle jobs"?  What does "explore little" mean...like travel or just explore where they live or more figuratively?

I'm wondering what honeysuckle jobs are, too. Shoveling honeysuckle at a zoo, or what? Because a job is a job. I can respect anyone who puts in their work, regardless of what it actually is.

This is a real conundrum for me, because my favorite group activities are extremely geeky and tend to actually scare friends away.

Erasercrumbs said:
This is a real conundrum for me, because my favorite group activities are extremely geeky and tend to actually scare friends away.

What do you consider geeky? First thing I thought of was gaming, but I'd rather game than actually go out.

VanillaCreme said:
Erasercrumbs said:

What do you consider geeky? First thing I thought of was gaming, but I'd rather game than actually go out.

My collection of fine, overpriced board games, polyhedral dice and birdwatching books are all pretty shameful.

Erasercrumbs said:
VanillaCreme said:
Erasercrumbs said:

My collection of fine, overpriced board games, polyhedral dice and birdwatching books are all pretty shameful.

Board games are okay and birdwatching isn't geeky, I don't think.  Polyhedral dice have too many number, making them too mathy for me.  lol

Also, I own like a dozen different variations of Monopoly, so you'd be okay with me.  :p

Latest posts

Back