Time to Face the Facts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wallflower79

I guess there are times when one has to come to the realization that nothing one says is important, and that when one moves a lot and try different things and forums and everybody ignores me then I finally have to face reality and realize that the only constant that has been with you in changing different apartments, different cities, different forums, different schools, that there must be a reason no one likes me because everything keeps coming to the same results and that I just need to face the fact that I am an unimportant person and there is a reason that I don't have any friends. God help me. Thank you for reading.

That seems so gloomy, so defeated, it's heartbreaking.
I can voice this opinion from my own experience: Changing apartments, cities, forums and schools will change absolutely nothing if you bring your problems with you and keep acting out the same scenarios.
I'd really hate it if you surrendered to your demons and bought into believing that you're doomed.

First there is no such thing as God.

Why do you think people dont want to talk with you?

DanMann said:

That is incredibly condescending and rude.  Just because Wallflower's opinions and beliefs don't align with yours is no reason for you to say this to anyone who hasn't ask for you opinion on the matter.

Of course what you say is important. Constant Stranger is right, moving won't get your away from your issues, they tend to go with you. That's probably why they call it baggage.

You ARE important. You just need to get your confidence up.

There may be a reason but it's probably not what you think. Different people get along with different people, that's all (I think) there is to it.
Don't let that get you down. Sooner or later you'll find people on the same wavelength as you. ; )

P.S.: Thanks for checking up on me. I appreciated it.

VanillaCreme said:
DanMann said:
VanillaCreme said:
DanMann said:

That's not for you to decide for other people.

That statement just strengthens my point.

You have a point for yourself. Not for other people.

Let's not hijack Wallflower's thread, OK?
If this was a bar I'd say, "Take it outside, you two.'

wallflower79 said:
I guess there are times when one has to come to the realization that nothing one says is important, and that when one moves a lot and try different things and forums and everybody ignores me then I finally have to face reality and realize that the only constant that has been with you in changing different apartments, different cities, different forums, different schools, that there must be a reason no one likes me because everything keeps coming to the same results and that I just need to face the fact that I am an unimportant person and there is a reason that I don't have any friends. God help me. Thank you for reading.

I don't know, wallflower I've read quite a few of your posts on here and I've always thought you sound like you would make great friend, and I'm not saying that to be nice, it's just when I see your name in a response thread I always click on it because I appreciate your perspective and think you have a lot of unique insight.  Did something happen or are you just having a particularly crappy week?

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess it was a crappy week. I am beginning to have doubts about whether my boyfriend is the right person for me or if I am just fooling myself out of loneliness. He is part of a friend group that I made and I am worried that if I break up with him, then I will lose my friends too. I just don't know how to have lasting relationships because everything is so transient in my life. I haven't logged into my facebook in a while, but when I do, I feel like I am talking to myself in my posts. I just don't even care anymore. I take meds for depression, but sometimes I wonder if I have some kind of resistance to them. I do recognize that many people don't believe in God, but I'd just like the opportunity to voice my opinion. Anyways, thanks for listening, ALL members.

I am re-reading what I posted and I realize that I was not the most coherent. Sorry for that. Also, thank you Callie and Nilla for standing up for me, and constant stranger, Wayfarer, and littlefish for the thoughtful replies. It really means a lot to me to know that I'm not invisible.

wallflower,

You seem like a lovely person... warm, caring and kind.

I know you are doubting yourself and your relationship with your boyfriend right now, and that is a very hard situation. If you don't think hes the right one for you, maybe you could think of letting him go, and just maybe you will see that you won't lose your friends. If that does happen... then they don't sound like real friends to begin with.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it would be better to know now what kind of people they all are, rather than investing more time into all of them to only be let down later.

You seem like you would make a great friend! I know its not easy to put yourself out there, but there are meet up groups, classes and courses you can take where you will find like minded people, and make some long lasting friendships.

Take good care Wallflower, and remember that we are all here for you!

wallflower79 said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess it was a crappy week. I am beginning to have doubts about whether my boyfriend is the right person for me or if I am just fooling myself out of loneliness. He is part of a friend group that I made and I am worried that if I break up with him, then I will lose my friends too. I just don't know how to have lasting relationships because everything is so transient in my life. I haven't logged into my facebook in a while, but when I do, I feel like I am talking to myself in my posts. I just don't even care anymore. I take meds for depression, but sometimes I wonder if I have some kind of resistance to them. I do recognize that many people don't believe in God, but I'd just like the opportunity to voice my opinion. Anyways, thanks for listening, ALL members.

I am re-reading what I posted and I realize that I was not the most coherent. Sorry for that. Also, thank you Callie and Nilla for standing up for me, and constant stranger, Wayfarer, and littlefish for the thoughtful replies. It really means a lot to me to know that I'm not invisible.

I understand the conundrum about not wanting to lose what you have. But as for nobody at all appreciating you.... I must have missed something, because unless he's abusive or emotionally absent, then wouldn't your boyfriend value you? (Being that he's your boyfriend). His friends might genuinely do as well, but I guess you'll find that out.  

This is not meant as an attack , it's just that I find it hard to relate having never experienced a relationship or a solid circle of friends as an adult.

All the best anyway. Wanting to remain friends with people you've met through him is a tricky situation to be in.

ardour said:
wallflower79 said:

I understand the conundrum about not wanting to lose what you have. But as for nobody at all appreciating you.... I must have missed something, because unless he's abusive or emotionally absent, then wouldn't your boyfriend value you? (Being that he's your boyfriend). His friends might genuinely do as well, but I guess you'll find that out.  

This is not meant as an attack , it's just that I find it hard to relate having never experienced a relationship or a solid circle of friends as an adult.

All the best anyway. Wanting to remain friends with people you've met through him is a tricky situation to be in.

I think that he does value me, but he is the sort of person who makes a lot of put down remarks to friends out of jest and he does that to me sometimes, which I find frustrating. For example, I was driving us so we could go out to eat and he made a stupid remark about my parking job. He doesn't really contact me, it is always me contacting him, so it makes me wonder if he is only in it for the physical aspect - i.e. making out and stuff - than actually liking me for me. It is probably more due to my insecurities, and sometimes I just have bad nights. I can be such a bundle of emotions sometimes.

^Yeah that's depressing. I jumped to a couple of conclusions from your post, that I shouldn't have. Doesn't sound like he's that much of a catch. Wouldn't blame you for throwing him back..

Hey Wallflower,

I know I haven't been a very reliable friend because off my own honeysuckle and depression, I've always liked you and care about your well being a lot, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, you are smart, warm and caring, anyone that doesn't see that is not worth your time.

Latest posts

Back