How do I make the awkwardness stop?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
Ok, there's this girl at my workplace, she's a lot younger than me, and she's pretty and she's nice and a lot of my co-workers seem to think she's pretty too. I'm not too shabby as well. Problem is, I think we started noticing each other. But I don't want to be in a relationship right now or anytime soon. I have lots of reasons not to. Yeah, so many I can't even name them right now!

Anyways, when I'm with her at work, it's awkward as hell. I stutter when talking to her. I lose track of what I'm saying when conversing with her because my mind just starts to think "hey, I wonder if she's judging me right now, because right now YOU("you" referring to me of course. I'm weird, I talk to myself in my head sometimes) look like a F@CK!NG CLOWN!," and then I start to mix up my words and, well, look like a fool because I got no "game" when it comes to engaging with the opposite sex, especially ones that are staring me down with their eyes that you know are searching deep down into my soul, observing my every movement, noticing every flaw of mine and... its just so **** awkward! Especially if they seem perfectly composed. But on the other side of the fence I am a terrible wreck... think that's funny? Yeah, I think it's hilarious too. Which is why I need it to stop. No more awkwardness, please! One day I want to be able to tell her, "Look, I'm gonna be straight forward with you, I think you're... fine... a fine young woman. With many other beautiful qualities.-- But that's where I draw the line. I'm not flirting with you. I don't want this to escalate into anything further into a relationship. Just... friendship, or acquaintances...ness..."... Ah fck it! I don't even know what to say. I'll probably get my face slapped if I say that or worse... like be misunderstood.

See? I can't avoid her. Especially if we're on schedule together.

Also, I don't want to pursue a relationship with her. And don't tell me some thing like, "hey, looks like you need more experience with girls, just practice your social skills on her." Maybe you're right, I do lack social skills. But there's a chance she might... uh... fall? get infatuated? idk like? me.... And then when I decide to end it she'll say "What?! Romeo?! You were just using me?! To improve you're social skillz?! And all this time. I thought we we're in love!" and then she'll cry a little bit and dream of torturing me or whatnot. Or maybe she won't. IDK. But I don't want to chance it.

Just, awkwardness, please go away.  :club:

#DAMMIT

I know its easier said than done... but try and relax and talk to her as you would any friend you see in the course of a day.

There is nothing wrong with having conversation with her, and having a new friend. If things start to get close, you can just tell her that you want to remain friends.

If you talk to her as you would anyone else, then you wouldn't be leading her on... ya know?

Im kinda jumbely in my message here... sorry if it doesn't make much sense!

Oki lol. I guess I got thrown off while I was talking to her and thinking wth she thinks of me the same time. I'll try not to do that.

Latest posts

Back