Arent you getting sick of video games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMann

Reaction score
I am tired of almost all games.

I recently stopped playing FPS games, which I have been playing for decades. 

The only game that I play is 'The Elder Scrolls: Legend'. The game is excellent and fun ;;)
Perhaps the best I have played so far. 

I am 33. How old are you? and are you still playing games?

Kind of. Not the fault of the games though, i feel like i only play them now when i can't get myself to do more productive things. Like a placeholder. I'm 24.

I've noticed that when I was more depressed and stagnant in life I would get really addicted to video games. I wasted so many good years on various mmos. Eventually I reached a point where games stopped doing much for me. I'd get restless trying to get into any new games before giving up and doing something else.

Now that I have more well defined goals and I'm more productive I just can't really get into them at all. Not when i could be doing something productive or spending time on more useful hobbies.

28 :)

I had a game addiction too. For ETQW and BFBC2. I really thought I wouldnt be cured.

But as time passed, I came to realize that the games are mindless shooters.

I started gaming when I was 5. Back then, there were very few genres. The main one was platforms and there were a few others such as rpg's and sports games. Today, there is such a huge variety of games. But still nothing appeals to me.

Also, games that are good have no sequel such as Saints Row, Half life and Larry leisure suit.

The taste people have in games leans towards bad games all the time. And I simply cant find anything to play these days.

I meant since the last ones. Since Saints Row:Gat Out of Hell and HL:E2

I love video games, never get bored of them. I play DCUO every single day, along with the app games Minion Rush and DC Legends. Currently I am playing Resident Evil Biohazzard on XBox One too.

The weekends are coming, and I feel weird not playing any FPS.

Instead I am thinking of reading a book.

A weird feeling.

Nope. I haven't really played anything in a while, but I'm 29, haven't stopped by now, and I won't ever stop.

I like RPGs but I feel like most of the really good ones were made in the early 2000s when graphics were just good enough to simulate a compelling word but games still had to be interesting. Morrowind, KOTOR series and Deus Ex are all examples of this.

Paraiyar said:
I like RPGs but I feel like most of the really good ones were made in the early 2000s when graphics were just good enough to simulate a compelling word but games still had to be interesting. Morrowind, KOTOR series and Deus Ex are all examples of this.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution from 2011 was probably the last great example of this (although Mankind Divided is okay) 

You might not have a decent enough PC, but I've been modding Morrowind using this guide: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Morrowind

I sold my xbox one. I was hooked on "the witcher 3" so bad. Haven't played videogames since maybe more than two weeks ago. It feels great really. I'm 27.

Paraiyar said:

I cant get hooked on RPGs.

There RPGs that are great like Fallout, Skyrim and Borderlands. But most of them are mind numbing (including diablo 3).

I'm 31. I haven't played video games lately, but I would if I had time.

Paraiyar said:
KOTOR series

I loved the KOTOR series too, so much awesome Star Wars lore from my favorite era of the Expanded Universe. I wish they made more games set back then, or maybe even a movie.

TheSkaFish said:
I loved the KOTOR series too, so much awesome Star Wars lore from my favorite era of the Expanded Universe.  I wish they made more games set back then, or maybe even a movie.

To this day, I insist that HK-47 is the best Star Wars character ever, and he was never even in a movie.

Erasercrumbs said:
TheSkaFish said:
I loved the KOTOR series too, so much awesome Star Wars lore from my favorite era of the Expanded Universe.  I wish they made more games set back then, or maybe even a movie.

To this day, I insist that HK-47 is the best Star Wars character ever, and he was never even in a movie.

I liked him too, Meatbag ;)  haha.  I loved the quest with him where you learn all about Tatooine's history.

Latest posts

Back