Shards and I

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]His[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] life came crashing down, and he sat and watched. He watched as the parts of his life fall and break[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] into a million pieces, they scattered all around him, and were now broken beyond recognition. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He laughed. The only impulse that hit him, was to laugh. He sat there, and continued to watch as more pieces came crashing down! When the final few pieces broke apart, he got and and waded through the shards. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He found it amusing, when he could identify a few of the pieces. One such piece was a childhood memory of him falling off a flight of stairs, he kicked the small spec and it flew off and mixed itself with a cluster of other shards, making it indistinguishable. He scooped up a few pieces in his hands, trying to find the ONE. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Like grains of sand they slipped away, falling soundlessly on the floor. So many emotions, feelings and memories lay scattered across the floor, its seems impossible to find it. How could he? [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Frustr[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]ated and disheartened, he kicked the ground. The scared shards moaned helplessly. They were maimed and broken and were now being battered by their maker. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Did they expect this? [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Did they deserve this?[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Why were the god[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]s being so cruel?[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And who am I?[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am that piece, that he is searching for. He may not be patient, but with the help of the merciless gods above, he will succeed in his pursuit. He will find me. [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hidden though I am right now, with the help of my companions. I am scared.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am scared of my fate, scared of the evil that shall befall me, scared of the wrath of my maker. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Why must he seek me? Why must I suffer? [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Won't I be forgiven?[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]---------------------[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I had written this short story, a while back during a turbulent time of my life, and wanted to share it.[/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for the read! Cheers![/font][/font]

Latest posts

Back