Hi all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief broom

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I would drop in here and see what its about. I'm retired and living in the Scottish highlands so my loneliness is mainly a life style choice- far from a lot of human insanity. Have spent a lot of time with meditation on the lines of 'who am I?' and realise this kind of truth searching is rowing ones boat away from the human race-and that's the price you pay. The following is an old favourite and illustrates where I'm at [or was].

Refiners Fire

The battle for truth
Is waged upon untruth.

When the flames have consumed all,
and the smoke has cleared,
Only truth remains.

Destroy everything. Burn it all.
Incinerate even your heart.
Throw your soul into the furnace.

This is the great conflagration.
Nothing false will survive.
Nothing true will perish.

This is the process.
This is the war.
The battlefield is you.
The battle is absolute.

If you don't like it,
Don't do it.
It will always be here,
waiting.

Jed McKenna

Its very beautiful here and the wildlife is exceptional- I feel closer to the natural world than people- ah well might go crazy-might not. I feel some company would be good [other than my dog] but not going to chase it. If anyone would like to know more about living in the highlands drop me a line, Cheers

Hello! I would like to try that lifestyle, at least for some time, and I would love to hear more about it!

Wolf-01 said:
Hello! I would like to try that lifestyle, at least for some time, and I would love to hear more about it!

Hi Wolf-01 thanks for your interest, ive been living here about 3yrs now so starting to know my way around but no authority by any means. I'll waffle on a bit but if theres something specific you would like to know just ask. Ive been living mainly on the east side which is drier/gentler than the much wetter/wilder west and doesn't have many midges! It is beautiful here and very easy going and stress free, I spend my days walking Murphy/fishing/wildlife watching and generally exploring. Accomodation is much cheaper than down south -I'm currently living in a log cabin at £350pm and my plan is to spend a few more years here before finding my ideal location and permanent residence. When I first came up this way I spent 12 weeks in a tent camping all over which was an interesting time until finding a park home on the Black Isle [£65pw]  theres quite a few options like this for anyone on a budget. I find people here are more relaxed and friendly because theres much less stress. If remoteness isn't your thing -living somewhere like inverness would give you the best of both worlds ie amenitys close by with beautiful countryside close by, the west coast is only 60 miles away. I'm getting used to being far from citys so might end up somewhere like the Kyle of Tongue in the far north!
DSCF3760_zpsdcezs5so.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Latest posts

Back