How does a guy deal with a beater girlfriend?

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GizmonicScrewdriver

I know I joke, and kid, and goof, 
but this is something that has been happening a lot lately. Her family has died off and mine I estranged after they went all weird politics on me. (Red hats, uck..)
What do I do, where do I go? I mean the political climate against men at the moment is very touchy at the least.

She just hits, and hits. then takes a walk and comes back and yells at me because I didn't figure out it was settled.

You leave, it's that simple. If you you call the police you are more likely to be charged than her.

There's nothing to salvage there, just get out of the situation.

ardour said:
You leave, it's that simple. If you you call the police you will more likely to be charged than her.

If the guy has marks, they'll take the female. If this thread is going down the "men are treated unfairly" road, it'll be closed quickly. I'd be just as likely to be arrested if I whooped anyone's ass, male or female.

OK Look, Celle and Nilla, you two, stay out of my posts. This is a forum for people with issues and depression, etc.
Not something you can hijack.
Stop it.

I regret posting this because I am being attacked.
This has to stop.

I fail to see anyone attacking you or being off topic here.
If you want to leave, then leave. If you want the situation to continue the way it is, then stay. Nothing anyone says can make you do anything. If she hits you and you don't hit her back, call the cops and have her charged with domestic violence. Females DO get arrested for that, but it's generally helpful to have proof of violence....not just for men, but females, as well. If you don't want to be hit anymore, then leave.
Not sure what else you want here.

DarkSelene said:
That's very incorrect, Nilla.

It's true. If a female attacks a guy, leaving marks, the female will most likely be arrested. Especially if the story or stories tend to lean towards the person who was actually abused. They don't just arrest males no matter what. Females don't get away with everything.

Projects about domestic abuse intervention, as well as the law, completely neglects males and there's absolutely no incentive to report. You won't be accepted in shelters, if your abuser so much as breaks a nail while hitting you -- it'll be assumed that you're the perpetrator; and even if they do take the female away, it's very unlikely she'll get convicted.

At this day and age females get away with a lot, specially where the judiciary system is concerned. Gynocentrism is basically institutionalized by now.

So far not one person has provided citations for any of their claims...

We don't get away with everything. That generalization is garbage.

Sentencing gap: https://poseidon01.ssrn.com/deliver...7084015091070097099007106107000001027&EXT=pdf

Men as perpetrators: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth_model
https://www.theduluthmodel.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/PowerandControl.pdf

1st shelter for male victims of domestic violence in the US was opened last year, first for females (males are not allowed in, even boys over a certain age) opened in 74. Erin Pizzey should be mentioned here...
Also, gynocentrism regarding Family Law, for instance, is easily spotted. There's a Paul Nathanson book called Legalizing Misandry that's good and touches on the subject.

Thanks, Kamya.

I'll get my two cents in before this thread gets closed.

Before I cast judgement, do you have any assets that you both own? Like a house, or anything like that?

ardour said:
You leave, it's that simple. If you you call the police you are more likely to be charged than her.

Yes, this advice is correct. When someone asks what to do when they're being abused, as the OP asked, the correct answer is to leave and don't look back. Having worked in a domestic violence shelter, I can say it's not wise to pause and play guessing games on who the cops are going to "believe". Just leave. If you've been injured, seek medical attention and, yes, consider contacting the authorities. But your first priority should be to leave.

ETA - 100% of the people that came to the shelter I worked in were women and their children. I'm puzzled how this got sidetracked into some weird male vs. female political thread without addressing the OP's actual question but there's the internet for you.

-Teresa

If he gets the police involved there's a really good chance of a counter-allegation being made.

Please leave her, OP. She has issues she needs to figure out herself. That type of toxic relationship will not help your self-esteem, period. The fact you are still with her is already damaging your mental and emotional health. Hoping the best for you in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back