that time when you ordered the wrong food but you didn't feel like correcting it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotux

Reaction score
I will try to keep this short, because I'm assuming we all like to express more than we like to be expressed to. I'm willing to bet that if you're reading this, then you're mainly trying to find someone like-minded and new, no? If none of the above, kudos. Perhaps one day I could be as selfless as you are.

Wandering in from Texas, I love nature, mostly just the pretty plants and gentler creatures in it, but I am far too distracted and reluctant to come out of my shell and actually look at it. I used to make several kinds of art, mainly just 10 second bits of music. I stopped after I settled down and matured into a less interesting person, at least compared to your self - you wonderful thing.

Now I spin my wheels, practice programming on Linux sometimes, and act like I know what I'm doing with DIY electronics, while trying to find a job that doesn't want to kill me via starvation or legal trouble. It is very hard to build a circuit without buying parts. Recently I found CSound, which is an audio programming language. Doesn't that sound wildly glamorous, programming for hours to make a small fraction your artwork? Maybe that will help me avoid more important tasks, and I could have a few tracks to share in the future.

And maybe by then, I will also have learned to appreciate reading others' posts in this section of the forum. I'll get my self to at least read a few once I'm done writing this.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. I look forward to making you endear more of them elsewhere on the forum, and reading what lovely things you share as well.

I expected something completely different by the topic heading. I was curious how someone could order the wrong food, unless you are at a restaurant where nothing is in a language you understand, then that might happen. Or if you wan to try something new without reading the description or asking what's in it. I guess that could happen.

I am curious now as to what you mean by a job that will kill you via legal trouble, the starvation part I get, the legal one is curious.

Sci-Fi said:
I expected something completely different by the topic heading.  I was curious how someone could order the wrong food, unless you are at a restaurant where nothing is in a language you understand, then that might happen.  Or if you wan to try something new without reading the description or asking what's in it.  I guess that could happen.

I am curious now as to what you mean by a job that will kill you via legal trouble, the starvation part I get, the legal one is curious.

I don't like to speak this way of folks, but too often are people negligent in common jobs, which sometimes poses a threat to others when companies don't want to take the fall for their employees' negligence. A lot of companies, especially the "low prices" sorts, like to make sure that the customer and the business its self never takes the fall for anything. And they do so by offloading it onto the workers, even things which are beyond their control.

For example, there are several companies I know of which don't allow you to cancel a purchase. Only the manager can. However, they are often extremely under staffed with only one person working, and it's not a convenience store. Not a supermart either, but somewhere in between, varying a little by location. If someone wants to cancel their purchase or they decide they don't want an item, then you have to hold them there until they agree to buy it, or you pay for it your self. Or, try finding the manager if they still exist in this realm, which means leaving a line full of customers near the door with unpurchased goods while you look all around the store to see if they're around.

So either way, you can run into some kind of deep trouble in that scenario. Yet, you're forced to do one of those things. Legal trouble might be a bit of a stretch in this case, and I was mostly trying to be comical when I mentioned it, but depending on how negligent the rest of the staff are, things can really come down on you. I quit before that happened; the minimum wage wasn't worth it. But everything close enough to me that I qualify for, and has job openings so far, happens to be one of these places. Just kind of in a bad spot, geographically.

TL;DR: Don't read it; it's a long ramble about how all small market stores are the devil, and maybe something about aliens and/or a global government reading our minds. That's what's above. Don't do it.

Latest posts

Back