dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
i have a problem when it comes to dating

i can attract girls online of all types but when i find one that likes me as much as i like her i struggle to develop it into something more.

online chat and even talking on the phone, i can be charming, funny, witty and a interesting guy

but as soon as i take it into reality, i freeze.  I go into my shell and struggle to talk and its not because ive suddenly changed my feelings and instincts of the girl.

sometimes the girl will give me the benefit of the doubt and see me again but i still cant shake it off.

so eventually i get the sorry your a nice guy but i didnt feel it, no connection, chemistry etc.

how can i fix this.

because it only happens in a dating sense, socially with everyone else im fine.

I really shouldn't give any dating advice, but I'll try... I would say try not to go into things with high expectations, treat it as just another social interaction because that's just what it is, especially the first date. Focus on having fun, and not on building a romantic relationship, not until you've reached that level of social interaction face to face that's equal to how you are online and on the phone.

If that doesn't work an alternate suggestion could be to prepare you're dates for how you are face to face, but be sure not to set yourself up for failure if you do something like that.

^Second that. Try to make the conversation interesting for you, not just her.

It's tough when the onus is on you to be funny, interesting and carry the interaction. Very easy to overthink things and go into stasis.

Latest posts

Back