Is it ok if I don't wanna leave my room?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShyNLonely

Reaction score
Is it ok if you don't wanna leave your room if you are making money in it? XD I really suck at making friends, I also suck at dating. I suck in almost any social situation. I also don't have energy left to try and try over again. So is it ok if I don't wanna leave my room and if I can make my living in it?

Well. I don't mind working on computer 12-14 hours a day. I really don't wanna work with people in shop f.e. . I generally don't like people. I was in the train today. Luckily there was noone in my coupe. And I did cry my ass out. My life is such a fail, and I don't even like being surrounded by people anymore.

Then it doesn't matter. The more you think, the more chaotic your inner self will be. Thinking doesn't solve the problem.
Always remember that aloneness is not just a physical situation, its our very true mature. If you have realized the futility of the outer, then only you will look within.
There are people surrounded by other people who feel lonely and there are people who are alone but are in solitude. 
Your physical situation isn't a necessary factor to the state of your being

But the "My life is such a fail" still needs to be solved.

While I can relate to not wanting to try and meet new people, I wouldn't say it's a good idea to hide in your room all day long. That can become very tedious in its own way. Even if you don't want to socialize, you should still go out just for the change in routine.

Off-topic: how were you able to work from home?

As someone who also works at home, I don't think I would recommend staying in your room all day. You are likely going to want to have people around you at some point and in order to do that, you will have to enter the real world. It does get tedious and getting out would do you some good.

@Reynard - YouTube + Twitch + Blogger / Writting + T-shirts sale + Freelancing. I do all that. And all of it makes me super happy. On weekend, in 72 hours, I've spend like 45 on recording videos in my room. And it was really great.

@Callie - I don't like going out. It makes me sick when I need to go out on weekend. Like come home in 3 AM. Not my style really. New Year's Eve also su**s. I'm even tired of dating, and 2 years ago I really enjoyed dating.

What do you mean by sick? It will never get any better if you just hide yourself away. That seems to be exactly what you are doing. Yes, you might enjoy it, but you are just hiding from the rest of the world. If you continue to do so, it will just get worse. I'm not saying go out every day all day, but maybe once or twice a week until you feel a little better about it and so you don't go full on shut in.

I'm Shy And Lonely. :D I don't have friends. And going out on friday night is ... not for me really. I did try and I just don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy in comming drunk home. Even being there ... like alien. You just drink your stuff in loud music, and you can't even hear yourself - don't need to tell you about others. And I do really suck in making friends .. and since I'm high risk of cancer ( 70% chance that I will die from it in 25 years ) .. I really don't wanna involve anyone in it. I did get my friends in that circle of cancer stuff - and I feel like crap.

ShyNLonely said:
@Reynard - YouTube + Twitch + Blogger / Writting + T-shirts sale + Freelancing. I do all that. And all of it makes me super happy. On weekend, in 72 hours, I've spend like 45 on recording videos in my room. And it was really great.

@Callie - I don't like going out. It makes me sick when I need to go out on weekend. Like come home in 3 AM. Not my style really. New Year's Eve also su**s. I'm even tired of dating, and 2 years ago I really enjoyed dating.

Ah, good. Well, going out more could help with your writing. You may find inspiration from witnessing someone near you or a place you frequented. It doesn't even have to be a club or bar. If you don't like those places, then don't bother. I just think staying in all the time has the potential to lead to stagnation.

You don't have to, but many people might want to eventually. Even those who suck at socializing can get lonely, or feel like there's something else they want. Maybe you need a break from it, or some better people to visit with if the ones you know are having you out until 3am.

I wouldn't stay in your room all the time, 24/7. I would suggest getting out once or twice a day.... take a quick walk, run to the store, go sit outside... just get out of the room and house. You don't have to date, or try and make friends, but give yourself a change in atmosphere a couple of times each day.

I agree with Danielle, also...

If I may interject,
Health issues of staying in one place, lack of social interaction, heart problems of sitting too long, the risk of diabetes, cabin fever, no proper sunlight which leads to vitamin D deficiency.

I did the same thing and it took months of psychology and medication to help.

Sorry for late writting. I was really bussy in terms of working on PC, and I quite didn't know what to say here.

Anyway:

@ Reynard - I really don't like clubs/bars. Going there reminds me how lonely I really am. Just don't like that feeling. Even if I suck at dating / sociolizing, I'm quite happy with the stuff I've been working on. And I have experienced soo much in younger age, so I don't need to experience more. :D Finding love would probably kill my dark inspiration. :D

@ Tealeaf - if it's break, I need a really long one. I'm too old for some stuff. xD I need break. I really don't know even where to start looking friends. But I'm really super cool with having few close friends. But on that facebook friends list, I only have 12ish people.

@ Danielle - Well, I walk with dog 2x hour and half a day. Enough for me.

@ Gizmonic - Well, we all need to die from something, right? :D I would be glad if I get that cancer. I'm really tired of life. I need battery change at least. XD

I read about 15 books on Elvis Presley. I read one book that said that Elvis stayed in his bedroom and did NOT leave for 6 months. Just ate food. Then when he had to go on tour, they would drag him out and get him to do workouts to lose weight, get ready for the show. And he was Elvis Presley!!! It's all pretty strange. I think it's the whole country that is going thru some spiritual honeysuckle at the moment. Just keep a sense of humor. Go see a good movie. Find a hobby, play solitaire, stay in the game. This life is short anyway,.

It's rough.....I've kind of got used to being alone, but it has taken almost 10 years......and it still gets dangk and lonely. It's great to be a rock star or movie star and be "loved" by everybody, but believe me they forget YOU quickly when you get off stage. And in show business, it's all pretty plastic. I read an article where Bruce Springsteen contemplated suicide. He was really depressed. But it's different for him, now we can read HIS book....and he can make millions off of his "whoa is me" story. And remember that, it is "whoa is me" bullshit. It's all "whoa is me"......walk by a handicapped person, and you will change quickly. We only THINK we have problems.

Latest posts

Back