Life lessons from 2017?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
We've got a month left. I'm not going to ask what your resolutions are, but maybe this would be fun to think about.

1. I will forget to use vegetables I buy unless they're frozen, canned, or going into stir-fry that night.

2. Gardening is incredibly therapeutic. Also, I can't do it and should probably stick to volunteering.

3. You can care about people and still accept that they're not good people to themselves or others.

Life lessons from 2018? Little difficult for me to say since we aren't in it yet. Did you mean 'for 2018?'

Well I changed a lot this year, a drug induced crisis forced me to confront the ways in which I'd ostracized and shot myself in the foot from at least 19-25. Now at 26 I finally need to accept what I can't control and turn things around if I can. Also want to make the most of this December.

Paraiyar said:
Life lessons from 2018? Little difficult for me to say since we aren't in it yet. Did you mean 'for 2018?'

Well I changed a lot this year, a drug induced crisis forced me to confront the ways in which I'd ostracized and shot myself in the foot from at least 19-25. Now at 26 I finally need to accept what I can't control and turn things around if I can. Also want to make the most of this December.

Apparently I'm confused about the year. I did that while writing down some resolutions, too. Surprised I can find my shoes some mornings.

Paraiyar said:

Parayiar, not to hijack TL's thread, but what happened with the Navy?  If you mentioned it on this site and I missed it I apologize, OR if it's none of my business I fully understand.

Tealeaf said:
Apparently I'm confused about the year. I did that while writing down some resolutions, too. Surprised I can find my shoes some mornings.

I totally get that, I've had numerous times where I was working ahead for the next 2 or 3 days, and then something comes in between and i sign documents with a future date.... oops :D

As for lessons from 2017, well the biggest one is that I learned to venture out a bit more, try new things, take some risks and see what will come from it, after 33 years of eating no fruit I now like kiwi, can stand grapes and oranges (those smaller ones, don't know the english name). biggest hurdle wasn't the taste, it was the texture of the food, I just wasn't used to it.

Another lesson is to be fit, but watch out for overdoing it, even if you can run 10km or more without getting tired, if your body (mostly knees!) aren't used to it, you're gonna have a bad time!  :p

beautiful loser said:
Paraiyar said:

Parayiar, not to hijack TL's thread, but what happened with the Navy?  If you mentioned it on this site and I missed it I apologize, OR if it's none of my business I fully understand.
I had some realizations that it wasn't the right life for me for a number of reasons so I'm doing an IT degree instead. A bit of a shame to quit at something but I think this will probably workout a lot better anyhow.

Enough people buy my bread, honey and wooden toys at craft fairs & the farmers market that
I know for sure that I actually have a successful "identity" as a vendor of my own creations.

My social skills seem pretty clumsy but that might (might!) be more my own poor self image than a verifiable reality.

I can manage to maintain a romantic friendship with a lady....but I'm not her boyfriend....then again she isn't looking for one.

I don't think I can tolerate another year of caring for my increasingly delusional, depressed and complaining 93 yr. old mother who can no longer control her bodily functions of elimination......OMG, OMG, OMG. I never dreamed it would have ever come to this.

Whatever you think people are, they're even worse. Don't even try.
Also, honeysuckle happens. More to some than others.

Richard_39 said:

Yup. I am starting to think I need to move at work from my office to the basement to avoid people.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Richard_39 said:

Yup. I am starting to think I need to move at work from my office to the basement to avoid people.

If you manage to pull that off, give me some pointers so I can convince my employers, please.
I'm tired of what I call the parade of ******** parading in front of my office pretending to give a ****. I sure don't.

Latest posts

Back