Best time-killers on a slow night?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chat, listening to music with zero :p, watching some TV, Reading a book.

Used to game a lot, but I think I overdosed on that some years back, because I just don't seem to have the will to get into most games anymore.
If I do it needs to be an RPG, things like Fallout keep me entertained for a while.

Gaming turns a slow night into one where I get no sleep, honestly. Genre doesn't matter, so long as I love playing it.

But what tops even that for me is always chatting either online or over the phone with a friend. No matter where I am or at what time, that always zaps me awake and makes the time fly by.

Edit: Almost forgot my second favorite thing to do: Tinkering and building stuff. When I get a new idea, I'll generally work all day or even night on them and it's a rush. But real inspiration is rare, sadly, and it almost always leaves me totally drained after the fact. This one is kind of mixed.

Ignored said:
Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Tinkering and building stuff.

What kind of things do you build?

Is it building when it's more modification, or does that count?

Anything. Mostly though, it's always utilitarian type stuff; stuff that I need to have work for my benefit.

Like I bought a laptop stand recently because I wanted more freedom with it in my room, so I had to get it, build it, then try and incorporate it into the tiny space I had, make a makeshift AC adapter stand on top of it (using one of the phone mounts it came with).
Tricky, but always fun to kinda customize things to your liking and if I did it at night, I'd be up all night long until I got it right.

All kinds of stuff like that. I'm like the quirky scientist who takes existing thing and then forces them into something new, that is much more to his liking within his own space.

That's the kind of building stuff I like, that I can lose myself in. And it really has no limits; furniture, bags, electronics.... whatever I need, I'll find a way to make them work.

Playing guitar,  playing Didgeridoo, making music on the computer, reading,  watching reality TV junk more than I should, PS4.

I kill time googling marijuana news and watching hulu or netflix. Im lame

I'm generally very anti about 'killing time'. However if I had time to burn during a queue of sorts or on a toilet perhaps (lmao), it'd be checking up on people I care about on social networks or random geek news. Not to be implied that I don't care about people unless I'm on the can lol.  :rolleyes: :p

Naizo said:
I kill time googling marijuana news and watching hulu or netflix. Im lame

It's what you enjoy doing (at least I hope so lol). Who's anyone that isn't you to consider it lame. Personally, I consider someone who is forcibly doing anything against their will, as lame.

humourless said:
why not read the Bible

My friend told me I read the Mormon Bible once while helping him move. He had a copy of it that a relative gave him although he wasn't Mormon himself. I didn't remember reading it because I was wasted, though. I think it was a Saturday morning.

For me, I'd have to say either watching YouTube videos or reading articles online. Just surfing. I probably could/should do more but I haven't been in the mood.

Latest posts

Back