I have offically hit rock bottom..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyGuy123

Reaction score
Not only was i lonely for a big part of my life.
Not only have i had to live with my parents well into my mid 20's and still do.
but when ever i try to start branching out....i get slapped with real life big hand across my face.

Today i offically hit rock bottom......today i was interviewed at a call center, which basically accepts anyone.
When i got there though i wasn't met at the reception..however i was met by some 18-21 year old looking like they were at the peak of their life.....finally after going around for a few minutes i was told to wait for 30 minutes before i could get the guy to interview me....then i find out that the guy doing the interviewing is like 19....i am kinda nervous at the interview - who wouldn't be after having done nothing for the past 9 months? Nothing to major though just usual. i didn't really care he was 19 tbh, but then he started to talk about how and basically was very disrespectful. Making fun of me being older and seeking this type of job, asking me why i hadn't moved out and why i didn't just leave while they made me wait. Man was this brutal, and then he told me "We can't hire you". never in my life have i been this embarrased, legit made me want to crawl in a hole and die..

Really hit rockbottom today....is there anyway to get lower then this?

Some employers are ********, and that's more of a reflection on them. One store I worked at used to pass disabled patrons seeking assistance around like it was a game of hot potato because they were too lazy to help, not because they were too busy or couldn't leave their post. Try not to let it get to you, although that's easier said than done.

That said, I always try to keep things fairly impersonal in interviews, as things like depression, etc, aren't their business to begin with as long as you can do the job.

CrazyGuy123 said:
but when ever i try to start branching out....i get slapped with real life big hand across my face.

Today i offically hit rock bottom......today i was interviewed at a call center, which basically accepts anyone.
When i got there though i wasn't met at the reception..however i was met by some 18-21 year old looking like they were at the peak of their life.....finally after going around for a few minutes i was told to wait for 30 minutes before i could get the guy to interview me....then i find out that the guy doing the interviewing is like 19....i am kinda nervous at the interview - who wouldn't be after having done nothing for the past 9 months? Nothing to major though just usual. i didn't really care he was 19 tbh, but then he started to talk about how and basically was very disrespectful. Making fun of me being older and seeking this type of job, asking me why i hadn't moved out and why i didn't just leave while they made me wait. Man was this brutal, and then he told me "We can't hire you". never in my life have i been this embarrased, legit made me want to crawl in a hole and die..

Just keep trying, Crazy guy, the fact that you don't give up is what matters. I have gone through periods of unemployment but then got past it. The worst thing you can do is lose hope. Let me know how things go.

Wow. All I can say is that guy giving you the interview was disgustingly unprofessional. There was absolutely no need for him to treat you that way.

Tealeaf said:
That said, I always try to keep things fairly impersonal in interviews, as things like depression, etc, aren't their business to begin with as long as you can do the job.

I agree with this. You don't want to tell people more than they need to know, so keep it relevant to the job. Personal stuff really isn't their business, and the less they know about it, the less they can judge you for it. Unfortunately, it seems we have to treat interactions with people like a game of poker, making sure not to show our hand. There's just too many jerks out there looking for people to prey on.

The guy was having his deliberate and spiteful pleasure alright. OK, sometimes honeysuckle like that happens in the world....the honeysuckle only wins if you quit....the best revenge is doing well so don't quit.

CrazyGuy123 said:
If there were no bad times, you would never appreciate the good times.

[quote pid='856795' dateline='1511998559']
[/quote]
Getting a job is becoming difficult day by day, not that everyone is rigged against you, but because there are more and more people ready to apply. 

Its all a game of power. Game between the powerful and the powerless or by the powerful against the powerless. Like a parent being abusive to their powerless child when he is a kid, and then (and thus) the child being of no support to his parents when they are old and weak. You will see it everywhere, every time, in every way. 
Learn and know from people like Jack Ma, Colonel Sanders and Elon Musk. They didn't get jobs. 

How would you feel if there are 32 people applying for a job and 31 get it and you don't ? 
But judging from Jack Ma's success, it doesn't put a limit on what your potential is. 

how would you feel if you have made 0 success by the age of 40?
Colonel Sanders began at 40 after dozens of failures and rejections. 

How would you feel if you have an idea and all the renowned scientists, economists, engineers, confidently tell you that your idea is going to be a failure? And then you try it and it keeps failing? 
Elon Musk faced it, and even after that, finally created reusable rockets. 

There is a balance of everything, failures and success, good and bad, etc. Just like the positives are supposed to be cherished, the negatives are to be seen as lessons. The best thing you can do out of this is to accept it, only then you will grow an indifference to your past and move on. Being sad about the failure is a fair response but not the end, you have to take the next step once you have cried enough about it. And you were strong enough to face it, that's why you did and are still alive, breathing, making threads. You have passed through it, witnessed it, grown through it, you are thus, stronger than that. Realize this, and take the next step. 

And yes, don't worry much about age. Gary Vaynerchuk puts it perfectly, "If you are 50, don't wrap up, start up, you are just 50 years young."

Xpendable said:
Give names. You should able to report that.

This, that interview sounds like it was bull crap. Who lets a 19 year old child do interviews? That is just stupid to begin with, no 19 year has the experience to conduct employment interviews. Any place that would allow that kind of thing I wouldn't want to work there anyway. As for the age thing though, that's crap too, I know a guy in his early 50's who got a job at a call center. So what you had was a jackass for an interviewer who at his age was probably looking to only hire children his age or young girls he could try to date. That's pretty much the mindset of most teenagers, get their friends to work with them.

Sounds like you had a rough day, kick back and try to let it go and say fresia it. Next time might be better.

M_also_lonely said:
CrazyGuy123 said:
If there were no bad times, you would never appreciate the good times.

[quote pid='856795' dateline='1511998559']
Getting a job is becoming difficult day by day, not that everyone is rigged against you, but because there are more and more people ready to apply. 

Its all a game of power. Game between the powerful and the powerless or by the powerful against the powerless. Like a parent being abusive to their powerless child when he is a kid, and then (and thus) the child being of no support to his parents when they are old and weak. You will see it everywhere, every time, in every way. 
Learn and know from people like Jack Ma, Colonel Sanders and Elon Musk. They didn't get jobs. 

How would you feel if there are 32 people applying for a job and 31 get it and you don't ? 
But judging from Jack Ma's success, it doesn't put a limit on what your potential is. 

how would you feel if you have made 0 success by the age of 40?
Colonel Sanders began at 40 after dozens of failures and rejections. 

How would you feel if you have an idea and all the renowned scientists, economists, engineers, confidently tell you that your idea is going to be a failure? And then you try it and it keeps failing? 
Elon Musk faced it, and even after that, finally created reusable rockets. 

There is a balance of everything, failures and success, good and bad, etc. Just like the positives are supposed to be cherished, the negatives are to be seen as lessons. The best thing you can do out of this is to accept it, only then you will grow an indifference to your past and move on. Being sad about the failure is a fair response but not the end, you have to take the next step once you have cried enough about it. And you were strong enough to face it, that's why you did and are still alive, breathing, making threads. You have passed through it, witnessed it, grown through it, you are thus, stronger than that. Realize this, and take the next step. 

And yes, don't worry much about age. Gary Vaynerchuk puts it perfectly, "If you are 50, don't wrap up, start up, you are just 50 years young."
[/quote]

Very motivational....especially with the Colonel Sanders

Xpendable said:

Thanks on the advice....but tbh idk who i would report to..there is no anonymos reporting and i would be to embarassed to complain about a younger guy basically bullying me.

Sci-Fi said:
Xpendable said:

This, that interview sounds like it was bull crap.  Who lets a 19 year old child do interviews?  That is just stupid to begin with, no 19 year has the experience to conduct employment interviews.  Any place that would allow that kind of thing I wouldn't want to work there anyway.  As for the age thing though, that's crap too, I know a guy in his early 50's who got a job at a call center.  So what you had was a jackass for an interviewer who at his age was probably looking to only hire children his age or young girls he could try to date.  That's pretty much the mindset of most teenagers, get their friends to work with them.  

Sounds like you had a rough day, kick back and try to let it go and say fresia it.  Next time might be better.

Thanks on the reply....i was also thinking i would speak to a more senior person as i did on the phone, but idk what happen.

constant stranger said:
The guy was having his deliberate and spiteful pleasure alright.  OK, sometimes honeysuckle like that happens in the world....the honeysuckle only wins if you quit....the best revenge is doing well so don't quit.

Thanks on the advice....i try to prove people wrong, but when i hit roadblcoks like this....i just want to sleep my life away.

wallflower79 said:
CrazyGuy123 said:

Just keep trying, Crazy guy, the fact that you don't give up is what matters. I have gone through periods of unemployment but then got past it. The worst thing you can do is lose hope. Let me know how things go.
Thnks...i will update try to update on my search

CrazyGuy123 said:

Well, read some of my threads and let that particular irony set in...
Besides, it isn't a contest. Everything affects everyone differently. Your pain and shame are as uniquely painful to you as anything to anyone else. I'm sorry it was so bad.
Solution? Try again. If they treated you like that, it's because they doN't deserve to have YOU as an employee. You'll eventually find the place that's right for you. Good luck man.

I knew a guy who hit Rock Bottom once. Now he's the biggest paid actor in Hollywood. If you smell what I'm cookin'...

I’m sorry that this happened to you. This was indeed very unprofessional. I hope you will not allow this one person to determine your future blessings. When I have been in difficult seasons of my life and struggled trying to overcome obstacles, I have found God is always by my side. I’ve learned that He sees me as valuable and important, and I hope you can realize He feels the same way about you. I believe in you and I know that you have many talents and gifts to offer the right employer. I hope that you will get back in the race and try again, persevering and changing the path set before you. BE Strong and Be Courageous!

Latest posts

Back