Some more suggestions.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
1. The notifications of reply on our posts and threads should be separate from the PMs. Like a notification alert on facebook, for example. That way, our inbox remains neat and organized.

2. Quotes. Adding quote should be made simpler. Like selecting the text that you want to quote, and a 'quote' option appears. or anything else that makes it simpler. 

3.  An unsubscribe button next to the thread name of the thread that have the user's replies.

4. Should be able to upload gifs.

5.  To avoid all the trouble of changing the names and permissions to do so, there should be an account name and a nickname. Nickname can be changed by the user, and is the name displayed on the user's threads and posts. Account name is for identification purposes only and can be viewed only on the user's profile.

You can upload gifs, honey. It's in the same place as you upload images, just put the link in there and it works.

None of those things are all that hard now, so I don't see the point in changing them. As for 5, that, IMO, is just ridiculous. People shouldn't be able to change their name on whatever whim they want. It would just cause more problems.

As mentioned you can post gifs, you can also unsubscribe to threads, or not have emails sent to you. You can set that yourself. As for them being separate, I haven't been on to many forums where they are, you just have to read the subject notification closer. But again you can pick and choose and unsubscribe to a thread at anytime. You can easily edit a anything you quote. And no members shouldn't be able to change their names whenever they want, for the reasons Callie mentioned and more. That just causes so much more trouble especially with those who are known trouble makers. Could you imagine someone always changing their name and never knowing who you are talking to without having to go back and research their past posts.

Sci-Fi said:
As mentioned you can post gifs, you can also unsubscribe to threads, or not have emails sent to you.  You can set that yourself.  As for them being separate, I haven't been on to many forums where they are, you just have to read the subject notification closer.  But again you can pick and choose and unsubscribe to a thread at anytime.  You can easily edit a anything you quote.  And no members shouldn't be able to change their names whenever they want, for the reasons Callie mentioned and more.  That just causes so much more trouble especially with those who are known trouble makers.  Could you imagine someone always changing their name and never knowing who you are talking to without having to go back and research their past posts.

I know of all the features being available. Some of them are just ways to improve the layout (interface) and user friendliness. Regarding the features 'not being all that hard', there is always room for improvements and simplification. That's why most apps/websites/services have updates. I am not a programmer, but I think most programmer know this. For example there used to be an "App Launcher" button in older Android versions, now it is simply swiping to see the list of apps. Just pressing one additional button was not "ALL THAT HARD", was it?? I wonder why they made it even simpler, it wasn't "ALL THAT HARD" anyway! I could go into more detail, but I think keeping aside exceptional ones, most of people have understood the point I am trying to make. Phew, wow!
Speaking of names, I think I already mentioned, that its just the nickname that appears on the threads and posts, exactly like Discord. You can access the profile name anytime which cannot be changed, so that nobody can sneak out after making a mischief.

If the mods were paid, I might see your point.  As they aren't why should things be made harder for them just for things to be slightly easier or customizable for members?  
And you have to use forum names in the chat room, you know that.  
If it ain't broke, why fix it?

TheRealCallie said:
If the mods were paid, I might see your point.  As they aren't why should things be made harder for them just for things to be slightly easier or customizable for members?  
And you have to use forum names in the chat room, you know that.  
If it ain't broke, why fix it?
Why should they do it?, the answer lies in your very response,  give it a try. 
Anyways I think I will discuss my feedback with the mod.

M_also_lonely said:
I know of all the features being available. Some of them are just ways to improve the layout (interface) and user friendliness. Regarding the features 'not being all that hard', there is always room for improvements and simplification. That's why most apps/websites/services have updates.

How you see the forum now is a result of updates. It didn't always look this way, and it's had features added and removed. Bjarne did a major update a while back. If you're suggesting these changes because you think the forum has always looked this way, then you should know that it has been changed and updated in the past.

VanillaCreme said:
M_also_lonely said:
I know of all the features being available. Some of them are just ways to improve the layout (interface) and user friendliness. Regarding the features 'not being all that hard',  there is always room for improvements and simplification. That's why most apps/websites/services have updates.

How you see the forum now is a result of updates. It didn't always look this way, and it's had features added and removed. Bjarne did a major update a while back. If you're suggesting these changes because you think the forum has always looked this way, then you should know that it has been changed and updated in the past.

No I don't think that way. The reason why the whole section exists itself makes it evident that updates are possible, and this is the very reason I am giving a feedback/suggestion based on my experience as a user.  The updates are often based on user experience provided by the people using the service and that's what i am doing. Its not a very difficult concept to grasp actually.
But anyways, thanks for pointing it out who has the authority to make changes and who doesn't, i actually had that question in mind.

Any add-ons/plug ins or changes to the actual structure of the forum only the Administrator can do (which is Bjarne btw despite the recent misconception that was made, he is the only admin). None of the moderators here have permission to do such things. We can only control what we have access to and the preset features of the forum. Just so everyone is clear on that. Changes won't come instantly even if the moderator staff here likes them, we can't do it.

Although some new things might be nice I'm still not down with the nickname thing, that might be fine in a chat room but not on a forum where there needs to be more structure so members can't try and hide who they are. Usernames would always have to be prevalent on any post/user.

This conversation would make more sense at MyBB.com, which is where actual development occurs.

Latest posts

Back