Can I get some tips to self-improve?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
This thread is an update for these two:

https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=36193
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=38037

So, after a thorough, self-analyzing session, I've sorted out ALL of my problems that , I think, are making me unhappy.
I actually did this a long time ago, but thought it was too soon to post it, so now I'm doing it.
I know it's a long list, but I'm not asking for much, I just want you all to read them and tell me the things that I should focus on first.
If you have any suggestions that could be added, erased or altered from the list, then be my guest.
By the way, anything inside parenthesis are extra steps that need to be done afterwards.

Done
- Get a car.
- Have a piggy bank.
- Have health insurance.
- Have a bank account.
- Have a credit card.
- Subscribe to a gym (Have an exercise routine).

Important
- Know how to enroll in any school (Graduate and get any diploma).
- Search and have an apartment.
- Know how to be in a job interview (Have a job).
- Know how to cook my food and meals.
- Know what my health insurance is (Know how to use my health insurance; Transfer them from Orange County to San Diego County).
- Have a voting license.
- Learn how to drive (Get a Driver’s License; Know how to repair car problems [Know how to change tires]; Know how to handle paperwork [Know how to renew plates and sticker]).
- Know the names of the streets and places of my city.
- Know how to use my bank account (Know how to deposit and withdraw money, in person or via machine).
- Know how to get a credit card (Know how to use a credit card).
- Get in shape (Reduce fat from belly, face cheeks and pubic area).
- Know how to use a cell phone (Know #’s from family members).

Mild
- Know how to make a bank account.
- Apartment (Know how to turn on and use a boiler; how to use both washing and dryer machines; how to install internet; how to pay bills [rent, gas, water, electricity and internet]; how to clean a bathroom; when to change sheets; how to use a clothes iron).
- Know how to count taxes and keep receipts.
- Have a budget.
- Be more willing to social situations, either physical or mental (Search for new interests?)
- Buy a RealDoll.
- Know about medicines and their purpose (Have a medicine cabinet).
- Have a tool box (Know the purpose of each tool; Know how to use the tools).
- Clean my mouth (Clear my mild gingivitis; Whiten my teeth).

Indifferent.
- Restore my foreskin.
- Know the requirements to get a gun (Buy a gun [FNX-45 Tactical]).
- Go to a laser hair removal clinic to remove all body hair.
- Know how to defend myself both physically and verbally.
- Try and eat new things.
- Listen to other music bands (Rhapsody of Fire; Blind Guardian; Dragonforce; Mago de Oz; Europe; Queen; Red Hot Chilli Peppers; System of a Down; Symphony X; Dream Theater; Megadeth; Iron Maiden; Black Sabbath; Pantera; Nirvana; Foo fighters; Guns n roses; Van halen; Metallica; Kiss; Foo Fighters; Hagen; More classical composers).
- Learn how to sew.
- Know how to write and change paychecks.
- Watch popular TV shows for both adults and children, ongoing and finished.

Unknown
- Read books.
- Know how to knot a tie.
- Know how to make coffee and try it, preferably Tim Hortons Coffee.
- Have a better sense of fashion.
- Know how to flirt.

Starting with something like learning about interviews or cooking are things you can start ASAP. Getting a job comes after getting an interview.

AnonymousMe said:
This thread is an update for these two:

https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=36193
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=38037

So, after a thorough, self-analyzing session, I've sorted out ALL of my problems that , I think, are making me unhappy.
I actually did this a long time ago, but thought it was too soon to post it, so now I'm doing it.
I know it's a long list, but I'm not asking for much, I just want you all to read them and tell me the things that I should focus on first.
If you have any suggestions that could be added, erased or altered from the list, then be my guest.
By the way, anything inside parenthesis are extra steps that need to be done afterwards.

Done
- Get a car.
- Have a piggy bank.
- Have health insurance.
- Have a bank account.
- Have a credit card.
- Subscribe to a gym (Have an exercise routine).

Important
- Know how to enroll in any school (Graduate and get any diploma).
- Search and have an apartment.
- Know how to be in a job interview (Have a job).
- Know how to cook my food and meals.
- Know what my health insurance is (Know how to use my health insurance; Transfer them from Orange County to San Diego County).
- Have a voting license.
- Learn how to drive (Get a Driver’s License; Know how to repair car problems [Know how to change tires]; Know how to handle paperwork [Know how to renew plates and sticker]).
- Know the names of the streets and places of my city.
- Know how to use my bank account (Know how to deposit and withdraw money, in person or via machine).
- Know how to get a credit card (Know how to use a credit card).
- Get in shape (Reduce fat from belly, face cheeks and pubic area).
- Know how to use a cell phone (Know #’s from family members).

Mild
- Know how to make a bank account.
- Apartment (Know how to turn on and use a boiler; how to use both washing and dryer machines; how to install internet; how to pay bills [rent, gas, water, electricity and internet]; how to clean a bathroom; when to change sheets; how to use a clothes iron).
- Know how to count taxes and keep receipts.
- Have a budget.
- Be more willing to social situations, either physical or mental (Search for new interests?)
- Buy a RealDoll.
- Know about medicines and their purpose (Have a medicine cabinet).
- Have a tool box (Know the purpose of each tool; Know how to use the tools).
- Clean my mouth (Clear my mild gingivitis; Whiten my teeth).

Indifferent.
- Restore my foreskin.
- Know the requirements to get a gun (Buy a gun [FNX-45 Tactical]).
- Go to a laser hair removal clinic to remove all body hair.
- Know how to defend myself both physically and verbally.
- Try and eat new things.
- Listen to other music bands (Rhapsody of Fire; Blind Guardian; Dragonforce; Mago de Oz; Europe; Queen; Red Hot Chilli Peppers; System of a Down; Symphony X; Dream Theater; Megadeth; Iron Maiden; Black Sabbath; Pantera; Nirvana; Foo fighters; Guns n roses; Van halen; Metallica; Kiss; Foo Fighters; Hagen; More classical composers).
- Learn how to sew.
- Know how to write and change paychecks.
- Watch popular TV shows for both adults and children, ongoing and finished.

Unknown
- Read books.
- Know how to knot a tie.
- Know how to make coffee and try it, preferably Tim Hortons Coffee.
- Have a better sense of fashion.
- Know how to flirt.
Those are all really good things to have mastered and you've done well to have come this far is self betterment (if that's a word). 
You may see this as a bit airy fairy which is totally fine if you do, it's something that's worked for me and a few people I know and apparently lots of people according to the Internet. I believe that the deepest happiness comes from understanding our own perception and our perception of how others perceive. I don't know if I worded that well. If we don't know our own minds well how can we know what makes us happy? I'm not saying this because I doubt your understanding of yourself (which I don't), but many people feel like they can't be left alone with their minds, so I said it so maybe it could resonate with anyone who reads this. 
If you do everything on your list and still feel unhappy, then I suggest you take a deeper look within your thoughts, who knows maybe you'll find something totally different and amazing. 
It sounds so hippie ish but that's just how I am :)

You seem to be doing alright man,  my advice?...Stop overanalyzing yourself! Definitely put listening to Black Sabbath into the Important category though! lol

Edited: Flirting's important too! I know I may sound like I'm a bit too easy going, and maybe I am. But if you're unhappy you won't be able to gather the energy to do all of the things that you want to do, I'm not saying a bf/gf is Important. But if you met the woman/man of your dreams tomorrow, I'm sure you'd wish you'd put this as a priority. Good luck :)

I'd put tying a knot higher up.

It's annoying when you have an interview and you have to stand up watching a youtube video of how to properly tie it.

AnonymousMe said:
LifePath1 said:
Flirting's important too!

Do you have some tips?

It depends what kind of flirting you mean.. light flirting in the supermarket for example or heavier flirting. I'd say try to sneak little funny things into the conversation, but be subtle. Gauge the temperature of the conversation and slowly try to build. Except for that I'd say it's natural, I thought I'd be honeysuckle with flirting until a girl started doing it to me...and I turned out not to be too bad. I genuinely believe if you have chemistry you'll get along anyway. If you ever want to chat more feel free to pm me mate! Either way, good luck!

I missed the first threads but I want to congratulate you. This is what I do (make long lists) and I love to see a young guy really working hard rather than giving up and playing video games. You are on the right track.

One question. why do you want to remove your hair?

Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat ( bad saying but ) I always had issues with cooking because I didn't want to turn on the oven just to cook a 7 minute chicken breast. Also I didn't like that the oven stayed hot and was a hazard to my *actual* cat well after turning it off. So I purchased a Nuwave PIC. This cooks without a heating element and remains cool to the touch. Thus now I cook everything with it. Eggs, chicken breast, etc.

With regard to flirting I would say try not focusing on flirting first. Focus on talking to people first. Make it a goal to have some conversation with a stranger daily. I find that talking about the weather is full proof. Once you get comfortable talking to people in general it will be easier to slide into flirting (which is basically just a more focused version)

EmilyFoxSeaton said:

So I purchased a Nuwave PIC.

Because 1. I don't like body hair, 2. girls don't like body hair and 3. guys that are in shape don't have body hair (I'm not in shape yet, BTW).

I'll keep that in mind, it looks great.

AnonymousMe said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:

So I purchased a Nuwave PIC.

Because 1. I don't like body hair, 2. girls don't like body hair and 3. guys that are in shape don't have body hair (I'm not in shape yet, BTW).

I'll keep that in mind, it looks great.

First point is the only one that matters. Second one depends on the girl. Third point is only true for guys that like to show off that they are in shape... and swimmers =P.

Also that nuwave is really cool. They make whole induction stovetops now too. You have to use the right kinds of pans for it to work but I want to try one some day.

Also, congrats and good luck Anonymous.

IF your removing the hair because you think women don't want it... well... rethink that. No hair creeps me out. Though wolf man creeps me out too. Everything good in moderation.

My Nuwave came with a pan but a lot or regular pans will work with induction. Next stove I get will definitely have induction. Nuwave is also cool because you can cook anyplace. I could cook in my living room if I wanted to.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Nuwave is also cool because you can cook anyplace. I could cook in my living room if I wanted to.

You don't say?  That hilariously awesome, I'll stick to cooking in the kitchen though.

Latest posts

Back