Coming out of the shadows!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tritone

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I've been lurking around for about a week- reading people's post has helped me deal with the depressive slump that always seems to come back to me this time of year. Reading some of your stories has not only given me hope (yes, that sounds weird...but to me knowing I am not alone in my experiences and feelings is helpful), but has also compelled me to reach out to the community and help in the ways I can. Thus, here I am. A new member lol.

A little about me and the things that have shaped me:
I have a wonderful mother and sister (thankfully) as well as a niece and nephew who light up my life. My father is supportive to an extent but emotionally shunted and abusive...physically so when I was younger but now I am 6'2" and 220lbs while he is 62 sooo no longer an option for him lol. When I was 18 I fell in love for the first time, or maybe what I thought was love at the time. I followed her to the deepest depths of her drug addiction and developed one of my own. Later, she would take her life and I would be a full blown heroin addict at this point. I lived my early to mid 20s in a haze...sold all of my possessions, hit rock bottom and fought to get clean which I proudly am now. I've been lucky to have had 2 loving relationships in that time...I've been single for 2 and a half years now. Seeing as I spent my youth doing drugs I am now starting over. I live with parents which can be challenging and extremely limiting in my freedom since my father is a control freak. I take it because im thankful for the roof over my head, and honestly in my dark times I feel like I deserve the abuse. I was not always a good person when I was on heroin 24/7, and some of the things I did fill me with guilt and shame at times...but you reap what you sow. Im happy to be myself again...because I am geniune and good person, heavy anxiety and all lol.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Nice to meet you all and I hope I can a positive force here and also have a strong group to lean on when my darkness finds me

Brennabean said:
Welcome :) its nice to meet you too. Always up for a chat so pm me anytime ✌️

Thank you, Brenna! I see you're into music and crime lol two of my favorite things. I'm a musician and I love true crime podcasts and criminology. I'll send you a PM sometime, I'm sure we can have good conversation  :D

Hey man, congrats on your recovery! That's awesome! And welcome to the forums.

Tritone said:
Hi all!

So I've been lurking around for about a week- reading people's post has helped me deal with the depressive slump that always seems to come back to me this time of year. Reading some of your stories has not only given me hope (yes, that sounds weird...but to me knowing I am not alone in my experiences and feelings is helpful), but has also compelled me to reach out to the community and help in the ways I can. Thus, here I am. A new member lol.

I have a wonderful mother and sister (thankfully) as well as a niece and nephew who light up my life. My father is supportive to an extent but emotionally shunted and abusive...physically so when I was younger but now I am 6'2" and 220lbs while he is 62 sooo no longer an option for him lol. When I was 18 I fell in love for the first time, or maybe what I thought was love at the time. I followed her to the deepest depths of her drug addiction and developed one of my own. Later, she would take her life and I would be a full blown heroin addict at this point. I lived my early to mid 20s in a haze...sold all of my possessions, hit rock bottom and fought to get clean which I proudly am now. I've been lucky to have had 2 loving relationships in that time...I've been single for 2 and a half years now. Seeing as I spent my youth doing drugs I am now starting over. I live with parents which can be challenging and extremely limiting in my freedom since my father is a control freak. I take it because im thankful for the roof over my head, and honestly in my dark times I feel like I deserve the abuse. I was not always a good person when I was on heroin 24/7, and some of the things I did fill me with guilt and shame at times...but you reap what you sow. Im happy to be myself again...because I am geniune and good person, heavy anxiety and all lol.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Nice to meet you all and I hope I can a positive force here and also have a strong group to lean on when my darkness finds me

I got some flashlights, no problem.
Welcome to the site. ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Tritone said:
Hi all!

Welcome to the site. ;-)

Honest to God, I read that as "fleshlights" at first lol. Thanks Richard, lol good to be here!

Tritone said:
Richard_39 said:
Tritone said:
Hi all!

Welcome to the site. ;-)

Honest to God, I read that as "fleshlights" at first lol. Thanks Richard, lol good to be here!

Me too!! Funny moment that was.

...You pervs.
NO, I don't have fleshlights.
In fact, I'll be perfectly honest...I don't know what those are lol.

More or less a woman's intimate parts in a flashlight casing...well not more or less lol. That is precisely what it is.

Tritone said:
More or less a woman's intimate parts in a flashlight casing...well not more or less lol. That is precisely what it is.

Oh, okay...so it's like a portable plastic vagina?
Man, that's weird.

Richard_39 said:
Tritone said:

Oh, okay...so it's like a portable plastic vagina?
Man, that's weird.

Pretty much lol I think its meant to make it look inconspicuous and since its tube shaped it works out I guess. 

I agree, it is weird. A hand works just as well if thats what you need

Tritone said:
Pretty much lol I think its meant to make it look inconspicuous and since its tube shaped it works out I guess. 

I agree, it is weird. A hand works just as well if thats what you need

Wouldn't know, I forgot how that whole things works by now ;-)

Tritone said:
Hi all!

I'm sorry you have been in a slump lately. Thank you for sharing your story. It is truly a story of hope and success coming out of addiction and starting over. As you navigate this next chapter of your life, I think you may find this encouragement helpful http://bit.ly/2BP0lha. I wish you all the best and stay positive!

Welcome to the forum, and as others have said, congratulations on getting clean, and on staying so!
I hope you'll find what you are looking for here, I'm sure you will, you seem like a confident and well grounded person from the limited data your intro contained. If anything, you can say your experiences in life have given you that!

Richard_39 said:
...You pervs.
NO, I don't have fleshlights.
In fact, I'll be perfectly honest...I don't know what those are lol.
You call them pervs but don't know what a fleshlight is.....  does not compute  :club:

Welcome! ^_^
Very well done with getting clean! It's never too late until it is late enough that you're buried, and even if you may have done some things you don't like, you can still make the world a better place now.
I hope you'll have a great time here :D

Hi Tri, welcome. Great job getting clean. I feel your pain living with your parents; I lived with my in-laws for two years and it was a very challenging time (to say the least). Still, same as you, was grateful for a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in. One good side effect of having a rough life is the appreciation one can develop for simple things like (safe) beds and showers :D

Latest posts

Back