Extreme fatigue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brennabean

Reaction score
Hello to all. 

I'm struggling to type this right now as I feel totally drained for no good reason. Last week or the week before I had about 4 days where my energy was exceptionally high, I did lots of uni work and exercise and just felt pretty good, this was the first time this had happened to me in a while. Whereas the last few days I have had extraordinary fatigue. A good 8/9 hours sleep last night, I've eaten well today and even went out and got the groceries. I sit down at my desk and I've a wave of tiredness come over me, sentences have stopped making sense and my eyes keep closing. 
I know I should go back to the gym, but there are 2 things blocking me: 1) I often get adrenal fatigue after exercise and I don't even do a lot of it, just half an hour on the cross trainer and some weights on my arms (20lbs) and legs (40lbs) then some yoga. and 2) My motivation is severely lacking because of this fatigue. 
I woke up today feeling refreshed which is weird. I wonder if the trip to the grocery store knackered me out. And my coffee has just hit me but I don't expect it to last for long... 
The internet isn't really helpful for tips on how to boost my energy. I often find that naps don't really help. 
Does anyone here have a way to give them a burst of energy on their low days? 

Love B

Some fresh air seems to work for me most of the time. Like going for a walk, something like that.

I'm not an example to follow really, but anger keeps me up all night lol.

Have you consulted a doctor to see if it isn't related to chemicals in your body? Not everyone's make-up is the same. There IS medication to help with that, but it's powerful and not necessarily good for long periods I believe. But it seems to me you're pretty much taking every trick I know of in the book already.
Maybe do an activity you feel REALLY passionate about will help you wake up. I don't know, your favorite book or movie, etc.

Vitamin deficiencies could be a cause for fatigue. Maybe go see a doctor and get a blood test done if it doesn't get better soon.

If it's merely depression related, just try keeping yourself busy, don't give yourself any down time where you might start thinking. Don't go to bed until you are ready to fall asleep, if you're able to.

Richard_39 said:
I'm not an example to follow really, but anger keeps me up all night lol.

Have you consulted a doctor to see if it isn't related to chemicals in your body? Not everyone's make-up is the same. There IS medication to help with that, but it's powerful and not necessarily good for long periods I believe. But it seems to me you're pretty much taking every trick I know of in the book already.
Maybe do an activity you feel REALLY passionate about will help you wake up. I don't know, your favorite book or movie, etc.
It is likely a medical problem, I'm in and out of the doctors as they're testing me for ibd.. My medical problems aren't known at the moment but they're pretty bad. I reckon how I've been feeling as of late is connected with this, but I'm not allowed to take a lot of medication related to depression and even sleeping pills, however I'm not sure about fatigue.. I'm going to see my doctor on Tuesday so I'll ask then. 
I'm not sure what I'm really passionate about, I lack the motivation to do those things. I'm just a lazy arse hole really haha.

Does the gym truly help for you? I did the gym thing for a while and at a point realized it was more of a hassle than it was helping me feel good or relax, it did boost my energy at times. What I like most now days is going for a run (although I have a knee injury at the moment :(), so instead I just go for a walk now, and make some pictures with my phone.

Photography (amateuristic as mine may be), helps me focus on other things than worries or inner thoughts, and it keeps me from blanking out at the road infront. I'm constantly looking around for something that might be worth taking a photo of, and I have found it very relaxing while giving energy at the same time. Maybe it will help you as well, or something similar.

MisterLonely said:
Does the gym truly help for you? I did the gym thing for a while and at a point realized it was more of a hassle than it was helping me feel good or relax, it did boost my energy at times. What I like most now days is going for a run (although I have a knee injury at the moment :(), so instead I just go for a walk now, and make some pictures with my phone.

Photography (amateuristic as mine may be), helps me focus on other things than worries or inner thoughts, and it keeps me from blanking out at the road infront. I'm constantly looking around for something that might be worth taking a photo of, and I have found it very relaxing while giving energy at the same time. Maybe it will help you as well, or something similar.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. I always do that when I'm on holiday but I suppose the city I live in can show me some beauty :)

It sounds like depression. People who have never had depression think it is sadness. It's not. It's a washed out "I don't want to do anything" feeling.

I don't have any cures for you, so let's work on this slowly. You live in the UK? That is a pretty part of the world. Go out for a walk. Not far. Just around the block or what have you. Pat a dog. Smile at somebody. Come home and make a cuppa.

A cup of tea cures most ills. I probably don't need to be telling a Brit that.

Latest posts

Back