Youtubers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Volt

What youtubers do you all follow? If any, that is. What do you like about them?

I don't follow many, but this guy I have been following for a few weeks now - Dovydas.  He lives in my state and really is a one man band and plays just about any genre.  His guitar playing is phenomenal and the way he sets up a song with the keyboard and drum pad, then loops it,  is neat to watch.   The sounds he gets just blows people away.  Some of his most popular videos are - When someone requests a piano song, When someone yells for a Kendrick Lamar song,
When someone requests a Steve Vai song, Smoke on the Water cover, to name a few, and a lot of the stuff he plays in the lobby of a hotel.  If you like music, you should check him out.

I follow a great many 'Youtubers', but the majority are fitness/powerlifting related and few people here would have any interest in them. There are only a few select others that I subscribe to:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedoubleclicks

[youtube]nE1GgG34-wM[/youtube]

I love them because they make me smile when I'd otherwise be curled up in a ball.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick

They do great work for charity and enjoy the art of speedrunning - which I am also fond of.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ViolinTay

I followed her years ago when she had few subscribers and her output was mostly video game covers, but I keep her around anyway.

Cavey said:
I follow a great many 'Youtubers', but the majority are fitness/powerlifting related and few people here would have any interest in them. 

Athlean-X by any chance?  :D

^God no... never.. not ever...

I'm sure that Jeff Cavaliere is a nice guy and I'm sure he knows his stuff, but he's entirely about physique, aesthetics and, most of all, turning himself into a brand in order to make money. I'm more into lifting as heavy possible and eating lots of doughnuts :D

He's definitely selling a product yeah. Different goals eh, fair enough. Ironicly your physique looks better than mine. :D

Volt said:
He's definitely selling a product yeah. Different goals eh, fair enough. Ironicly your physique looks better than mine. :D

Well, powerlifting still builds muscle mass providing you're eating a caloric surplus with the necessary amount of protein and amino acids to stimulate a muscle protein synthesis response. I'm just not concerned with definition. Being shredded requires eating at a deficit and that's detrimental to strength goals.

90% of what you see on Youtube is smoke and mirrors - good lighting, good photography and 'special supplements'. For the record, I'm not concerned with those, but I wish people would be a little more honest about the whole thing.

I don't follow any, not really going to get into what I think of this generations obsession with getting famous on Youtube. The only people I subscribe to are music artists so I know when the put out a new video.

Cavey said:
Well, powerlifting still builds muscle mass providing you're eating a caloric surplus with the necessary amount of protein and amino acids to stimulate a muscle protein synthesis response. I'm just not concerned with definition. Being shredded requires eating at a deficit and that's detrimental to strength goals.

90% of what you see on Youtube is smoke and mirrors - good lighting, good photography and 'special supplements'. For the record, I'm not concerned with those, but I wish people would be a little more honest about the whole thing.

Ah right, i get you.

Too many. Mostly "social commentators" with some gaming channels and other domains tossed in like music and firearms.

I'm not super-into YouTube, but I do love some of Buzzfeed's videos on food.

[youtube]qIbbJV-grHg[/youtube]

I could never afford a $900 coffee so it's nice to see some of the stuff out there and watch people enjoy it.

MisterLonely said:
YouTube is for cat video's and nothing else!!!!!!

what about doggos???
[youtube]5dbG4wqN0rQ[/youtube]

Rodent said:
Too many. Mostly "social commentators" with some gaming channels and other domains tossed in like music and firearms.

This + some girly honeysuckle.

Tealeaf said:
I'm not super-into YouTube, but I do love some of Buzzfeed's videos on food.

I could never afford a $900 coffee so it's nice to see some of the stuff out there and watch people enjoy it.

$900 worth of catpoop probably!, there be gold in the litterbox!

(For those who don't know.. http://www.most-expensive.coffee/)

DarkSelene said:
MisterLonely said:
YouTube is for cat video's and nothing else!!!!!!

I'm sorry, dogs are scary :|, ok these are kinda cute :p... except that last one.

I'm sad I never became a youtuber.
Talk about making lots of money for absolutely no reason.
Now that it's so popular I don't have a chance in hell, but had I know making videos about how bad movies are was worth so much, I'd have started ten years ago.

I don't have specific YouTubers other than itsJudysLife, just cos I love watching her kids. I used to follow SortedFood, and then I lost time to watch them. I do subscribe to The Ellen Show too.

Latest posts

Back