Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminism from all perspectives
(04-11-2018, 09:16 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 02:32 AM)kaetic Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 12:53 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote:

This is a joke... right?

SoyFace is no joking matter.

Hmm. I dunno about the soy or whatever but this is a face that insecure guys sometimes pull in their selfies. 

I've taken one or two pics with that face and theory behind it is that you want to be silly/ fun but you don't like the way your face looks and you don't like your smile, so you pull this face. It tightens everything up, and is silly so you don't feel as bad about your looks and people are less likely to be critical.

The couple of times I used it were because it was the only face I could make at the time that I felt comfortable sharing that looked ok in the camera app.

I'm not a very smiley person so it's hard for me to pull it off in pictures. And my plain face isnt super amazing either. Much easier to just :O

Just don't ever do whatever the guy on the left is doing. That's just weird. I dunno what that's about.
(04-11-2018, 06:06 AM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: Feminism is fat ugly unhappy women who want pretty fit normal women to be unhappy like them.

I wouldn't quite say that. I'm sure that applies to a portion of people who identify with Feminism, but far from it being the majority.
Like any other line of thought, Feminism has been marred by people with innapropriate comments and extremist views of what it should be about. In that sense, I mirror the comment I have read from Rodent, a very wise man indeed IMO, who has difficulty with notions both of Feminism or Masculinity. Then again, when you have some vast umbrella terms of the like, I think any mildly sane or intelligent person cannot agree with every single thing contained in any kind of ideology or line of thought (except maybe the round earth/flat earth thing. Thought if we ever establish we're on the Yggdrasil, we're all going to look mightily stupid ;-) )
(04-11-2018, 06:06 AM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: Feminism is fat ugly unhappy women who want pretty fit normal women to be unhappy like them.

I disagree too. It's far from that, most people in the west are self-entitled feminists and/or believe in their bullshit. Left and right you see people in relationships happy to diminish themselves for the sake of making their female partners seem more strong and empowered, the city putting up signs against manspreading, feminist campaigns for publicity, movements like time's up and #metoo, new words like mansplaining/spreading and terms like toxic masculinity being added to our vocabulary, fucking India... Feminism is basically controlling the world right now.

Only the body acceptance part of it sells fat, ugly and unhappy women... other than that, they pick the pretty people -- the ideas sell.
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe
(04-24-2018, 10:29 PM)DarkSelene Wrote: the ideas sell.

Voilà. You know, I hate to sound like a broken record in a lot of threads I comment in, but I believe THAT single thing is responsible for most bullshit in the world; money. It's always about money.
As soon as Feminism stopped being a cause and started being something that could make a salary to about 300 women who figure they could someday make enough to afford a second Jaguar or a beachside property, it stopped being a cause and started being an industry. Feminism isn't about defending women's rights anymore (even though it still occasionally happens), it's about as many people as possible joining as many groups as possible and buying their little, plastic, 5-25 dollars member cards and throwing their money in funds or donations that end up being split in a 70-30 proportion between administration and the actual cause. Then of course, you get the 20-30 loonies the media is always so keen on interviewing, because the more controversial the statement, the better the ratings (so they can sell their crap too, you know) and everyone is happy.
Cha-ching, bling bling, dolla dolla. I wonder how much Eleanor Smeal makes in a week....
I always remember thinking "Instead of the volatility of feminism, so ingrained with Marxism, why not 'womanism' that simply focuses on equal opportunity, etc.?". Until I found out that Womanism is indeed a thing, a movement focused purely, and very aggressively, on the prosperity of black women.
(04-24-2018, 11:06 PM)Seosa Wrote: I always remember thinking "Instead of the volatility of feminism, so ingrained with Marxism, why not 'womanism' that simply focuses on equal opportunity, etc.?". Until I found out that Womanism is indeed a thing, a movement focused purely, and very aggressively, on the prosperity of black women.

LOL Everything is a thing these days, if you can register it, trademark it and sell it, odds are someone's done it and is making a buck off of it ;-)
I find it ironic. I never heard about womanism, but if, like you say, "very aggressively on the prosperity of black women", why just black women? Hell, why just women? I know, woman have been systematically abused, black, white, yellow, etc, for hundreds of years, but we're more intelligent (well...notable exceptions, but still lol) than we all were 200 years ago, so I won't get why we're not trying to empower everyone....then again, I'm a 90's Starfleet Utopist, so I might be insane ;-)
I work in a law firm that specializes in trademarks, copyrights and etc. It leaves little room to doubt the greed in the human heart nowadays with some of the stuff I've seen coming and going. Governement had to legiferate on some words, because they'd try to trademark EVERYTHING to make a buck off it if they could lol.

I was kind of hoping Bernie Sanders was going to found the UFP. Alas....
Peopleism?
(Yesterday, 10:21 AM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: Peopleism?

Already taken it seems, though not in a Wiki entry or in an official fashion. Seems there's already the detractors to, facebook group openned to "F*ck Peopleism"...
Damn, people are quick.

Quick addendum, google ain't got nothing on "Starfleetism", but I'm pretty sure Paramount would be all over that shiznit in 5 minutes...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feminism and Women of Color ghbarnaby2 94 8,498 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed