I’m stepping out of my comfort zone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Once loved

Reaction score
I’ll be joining a small group at my new church. There will be a total of 10-15 people. Some are couples and some are singles. I will be joining as a single for the first time since I got divorced. I really hope I fit in and will be able to meet and form long lasting relationships. I’m very nervous going in on my own I’ve always been afraid of rejection.

It's normal, you won't be the only one that felt like that first time, stop thinking about long lasting relationships for now, you are putting more pressure on yourself to perform in a situation that might not even have people you want long lasting relationships with, focus on just being there and being social, having fun.

Oh but it sounds like it will be so much fun! Don't let your anxieties get the better of you, just relax and have fun! If you want to find long lasting relationships being anxious will only impede your chances! When you're relaxed you'll make other people feel relaxed, and they'll dig you for that!

Pwaise the Lawd.
lol Sorry. It's been too long.
Seriously, don't be afraid. Of course, if you build in expectations and go in LOOKING absolutely for a long term deal, that won't help you feel at ease.
Relax. Go in first and foremost to meet new friends, to talk, to have fun with other people. The rest will come in time.
Good!

That's great, good for you! It takes a bit of courage but is always worth it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Let us know how it went, you might inspire me to get out of my comfort zone (I believe in Christmas miracles!).

Sarah G said:
That's great, good for you! It takes a bit of courage but is always worth it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Let us know how it went, you might inspire me to get out of my comfort zone (I believe in Christmas miracles!).

Your message just made me feel so good. Thank you thank you. I’ll keep you guys posted!

Richard_39 said:
Pwaise the Lawd.
lol Sorry. It's been too long.
Seriously, don't be afraid. Of course, if you build in expectations and go in LOOKING absolutely for a long term deal, that won't help you feel at ease.
Relax. Go in first and foremost to meet new friends, to talk, to have fun with other people. The rest will come in time.
Good!

I’m excited and nervous, but I want myself to last this time. I don’t want to quit. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Brennabean said:
Oh but it sounds like it will be so much fun! Don't let your anxieties get the better of you, just relax and have fun! If you want to find long lasting relationships being anxious will only impede your chances! When you're relaxed you'll make other people feel relaxed, and they'll dig you for that!

Yes, I can’t go in there with expectation of a lasting relationship when I don’t even know what to expect. I will go with an open mind. Thank you.

MisterLonely said:
It's normal, you won't be the only one that felt like that first time, stop thinking about long lasting relationships for now, you are putting more pressure on yourself to perform in a situation that might not even have people you want long lasting relationships with, focus on just being there and being social, having fun.

I know my two boys will love it. They get the social thing from my ex husband’s side. I’m looking forward to going in and letting things happen. Hopefully good things. Thank you.

I do hope that you have a wonderful time. It is always scary trying something new, but I really hope it is an enjoyable experience. :)

Latest posts

Back