Good morning all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleStar

Reaction score
Hello, 

I am new here, so thought I ought to introduce myself. 

I'm not really sure what to say, but I suppose I should cover the basics.
I am 31, and I live in the UK. I am definitely an introvert, and recent life events have only exacerbated this and made me more lonely than ever, but also somewhat untrusting, which makes for a bad combination. I suppose that is partly why I looked for a forum like this (in the early hours of the other morning when I yet again could not sleep, lol). I have always found chatting online far easier than in person.  

Random facts about me - erm, I'm a vegetarian, I am currently doing a history degree, I love animals (far more than I like most people probably, lol). I also love to read (Jane Eyre - all time favourite book). If ever you want to know anything, just ask. 

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know people and joining in with conversations. 

Best wishes

Hello purplestar! It'd be great to talk with you, you sound very interesting. I really wanted to do history but I didn't get the grades for it to do it at a level. If you want to chat pm me :)

Brennabean said:
Hello purplestar! It'd be great to talk with you, you sound very interesting. I really wanted to do history but I didn't get the grades for it to do it at a level. If you want to chat pm me :)

Great to 'meet' you Brennabean  :)

I ummed and ahhed about doing it for years, and eventually decided 3 years ago to just take that leap of faith. History has always been a passion of mine, but I suppose life kind of just got in the way a bit. It got to a point though where I decided to do something just for me, and that is what I chose, so I now do a part time course through the Open University. I am currently on my third year of 6. Takes longer doing it part time, but I want to enjoy it rather than rushing it.

PurpleStar said:
Hello, 

I am 31, and I live in the UK. I am definitely an introvert, and recent life events have only exacerbated this and made me more lonely than ever, but also somewhat untrusting, which makes for a bad combination. I suppose that is partly why I looked for a forum like this (in the early hours of the other morning when I yet again could not sleep, lol). I have always found chatting online far easier than in person.  

Random facts about me - erm, I'm a vegetarian, I am currently doing a history degree, I love animals (far more than I like most people probably, lol). I also love to read (Jane Eyre - all time favourite book). If ever you want to know anything, just ask. 

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know people and joining in with conversations. 

Best wishes

Yup, trust is a hard thing to come by in 2017, I'm with you. Welcome to the site and good luck, friend.

Richard_39 said:
PurpleStar said:
Hello, 

Best wishes

Yup, trust is a hard thing to come by in 2017, I'm with you. Welcome to the site and good luck, friend.

You are so right there.

MisterLonely said:
Goodmorning ;) and welcome to ALL

Hi MisterLonely

Latest posts

Back