Anyone going to see the new Star Wars movie?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 139760

Reaction score
I'm going on Saturday :)
I don't know what to expect, the only thing I DON'T want to see, and I hope it isn't that, is a glorified Empire Strikes Back remake. I enjoyed Force Awakens, although I was a little disappointed they didn't try to do something more original than another giant superweapon that destroys planet.

I'm also curious to find out if Harrison Ford got his hands on some of that sweet "I appear for 5 minutes and I'm paid a couple of millions" Alec Guiness money ;-)

What about you? What do you expect to see?

It is one I will probably watch at some point, but I cannot say I am going to rush out to see it.

LOL I clarified my question a bit ;-)
What do you expect to see? What do you think of what was released so far? I personally didn't get into Rogue One much, not particularly looking forward to the Han Solo spin off, but I liked the main.

Saw it last night. I did like somethings but feel a little let down to be honest.

Paraiyar said:
Saw it last night. I did like somethings but feel a little let down to be honest.

Same a bit. I won't write anything to spoil it here in case some people haven't seen it, but there are some things that were done that were not well thought out, I felt.
It wasn't a bad movie. Just not what we expected. Felt like the prequels all over again.

I just saw it it today, yeah there were definitely some parts that could have been better, but I really liked it.

evanescencefan912 said:
I just saw it it today, yeah there were definitely some parts that could have been better, but I really liked it.

Likewise.
I could list at least 5 or 6 legitimate and (I hope) constructive criticisms or plot points I felt were muddled or made little to no sense.
Unlike some of the backlash I've ben reading, however...didn't destroy my childhod LOL.
It's unsurprising this be so polarizing in a sense. A lot of people grew up with these characters. It touches a chord.

Callie, there were only 7. :p

I went to see it on the 15th and of course being a huge Star Wars fan that I am I never really payed attention to any of the other trailers than the first one. I also didn't read anything on the reviews, I guess I didn't want anything to spoil it for me. I know there were some parts that could of been done better, but overall it was very nice. I highly suggest if you can go and see it in 3D to definitely do that.

There is talk of a spin off about Obi Wan, seems they're doing a bunch of that now.

Richard_39 said:
evanescencefan912 said:

Likewise.
I could list at least 5 or 6 legitimate and (I hope) constructive criticisms or plot points I felt were muddled or made little to no sense.
Unlike some of the backlash I've ben reading, however...didn't destroy my childhod LOL.
It's unsurprising this be so polarizing in a sense. A lot of people grew up with these characters. It touches a chord.

Depends on what you count. 1 - 7 + Rogue One + Clone Wars (2003) mini-series and the Clone Wars Animated Series (2008+).  :D

Edit: Plus there was the Star Wars Holiday Special (absolutley awful!) and 2 Ewok movies. Oh and there was an Ewok cartoon and a Droids cartoon too!

Drew said:
Richard_39 said:
evanescencefan912 said:

Likewise.

Depends on what you count. 1 - 7 + Rogue One + Clone Wars (2003) mini-series and the Clone Wars Animated Series (2008+).  :D

Edit: Plus there was the Star Wars Holiday Special (absolutley awful!) and 2 Ewok movies. Oh and there was an Ewok cartoon and a Droids cartoon too!

HEY!
....don't you dare bash the Ewok movies.
I was in love with Sindel growing up.

:D

Muse said:
I liked TFA better, but those porgs!  :)

Yeah, when I first saw the Porgs, I groaned, but after sitting through the movie, I thought it was well handled.
Kind of makes me think Jar Jar could have been a good idea, it was the execution that left to be desired.

Can't believe I missed this thread.

I've seen all of the new ones, and enjoyed them all.  They feel a little different than the old ones (by which I mean Episodes I-VI), but it still works.  The new movies make me feel as if someone turned their sessions from Star Wars RPG into movies.  But that still makes sense to me.

It just so happens that it's almost time for another Star Wars movie.  Is anyone here excited about Solo?  My brother and I have tickets for this upcoming Friday, can't wait :D

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I absolutely hated The Last Jedi. :(

Felt like someone who knows entirely nothing about the characters, has a very opinionated outlook on how movies should progress, and a highly political mind; decided to direct the movie. Previous fans, and essence that is Star Wars, be damned! And it clearly shows. I've always considered Star Wars' movies as a mind escape. Not this one or Rogue One.

Star Wars was always a Sci-Fantasy and has a huge cult following to all ages. Keyword is, "Fantasy". The Last Jedi felt like it was trying too hard to insert real-life or practicality while mixing in ridiculous force powers that were never heard of. And don't even get me started on the absolute butchering and ass-backwards personality of one of my most beloved characters of all time. He was known to have the most faith out of nearly any fictional character ever and even saw the good in one of the most evil villains, ever. And brought them to the light.

This movie felt like a stand alone film and not a direct sequel of The Force Awakens (which I loved btw). Oh and, you don't suddenly incorporate actual sci-fi science into a movie that ignores it for fun for the past 40 years. So many things were absolutely absurd and felt like they were pulled out of their asses.

I honestly re-watched the film multiple times trying to give it a more open minded approach and each re-viewing only dissapointed me further as I saw scenes and character development that were befitting of Star Wars and their original personalities.

It felt like a script written by someone who didn't do their research on the previous material beforehand. Just quickly skimmed over TFA for continuity. Nothing more. JJ Abrams (the director of TFA) seems to capture the essence of Star Wars very well in my opinion. So I was very happy to hear that he is directing the next one. Maybe he will undo most of the mess that is, The Last Jedi.

As for the Solo movie coming out in the next few days; I am skeptical but interested. My only gripe still, is the casting for Han Solo. He's not a great actor, nor does he look the part. But, I am hoping to be very wrong. I plan on seeing it in the coming weeks.

I doubt I could stomach anymore Star Wars even if I was paid to go see them.

I always thought the films were fun enough as a kid, but they definitely didn't hold up past that. Clearly just kiddie fantasy not meant to be overanalyzed, so needless to say, even MORE of it didn't appeal to me at all. Nor would I, or even have I, gone to see more.

I'm secretly hoping they continue to flop to stop this gravy train.

Latest posts

Back