Hi All

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anubis30

Reaction score
Dear All,

This is my first post on this forum, so first things first - pleased to meet you all.  Unfortunately loneliness/feeling unwanted or unloved has always been a constant companion in my life. I am a highly sensitive and empathic person and this, unfortunately, does result in people taking advantage of my kindness and willingness to help.  I am 30 years old and I can clearly say 2017 has been the worst year where loneliness has really tested me:

• Undergoing separation for reasons I will not go into detail here but suffice to say the care and affection I showered my wife with was not returned.
  • Lost what would have been my first kid (at least they are in a better place free from the pain of this world)
  • Had constant rejection whenever I tried to connect with people 
Slowly slowly it dawned on me that I will most probably always be alone, not for being unattractive or anti-social but for the simple fact I seem to crave a deep emotional connection that is not in fashion in the modern world. I feel sevierly unwanted and unloved and I can't seem to control the feeling. I do my absolute best to see others happy even ignoring my own needs in the process so I hear for advice for someone in the same situation or a friend to talk to.

anubis30 said:
Dear All,

This is my first post on this forum, so first things first - pleased to meet you all.  Unfortunately loneliness/feeling unwanted or unloved has always been a constant companion in my life. I am a highly sensitive and empathic person and this, unfortunately, does result in people taking advantage of my kindness and willingness to help.  I am 30 years old and I can clearly say 2017 has been the worst year where loneliness has really tested me:

• Undergoing separation for reasons I will not go into detail here but suffice to say the care and affection I showered my wife with was not returned.
  • Lost what would have been my first kid (at least they are in a better place free from the pain of this world)
Slowly slowly it dawned on me that I will most probably always be alone, not for being unattractive or anti-social but for the simple fact I seem to crave a deep emotional connection that is not in fashion in the modern world. I feel sevierly unwanted and unloved and I can't seem to control the feeling. I do my absolute best to see others happy even ignoring my own needs in the process so I hear for advice for someone in the same situation or a friend to talk to.

I know sorry doesn't cut it man, but I am. I can't say much about your ex wife, I don't know you, but you're probably better off without. Children...I can't imagine that. I mean, I've been in a rough patch with my kids the last couple months, but that...you're strong bro. I would have gone mad. Like literally, very, very mad. You're off the bat a better person that me.
As for the rest....HAHAHA! Ever look in the mirror and see the word "sucker" looking back? Well, I know you have, just like I have lol. Just gotta learn to work on yourself a bit more from now on, instead of others. You're important too, you know.
Welcome to the site, bro.

Richard_39 said:
anubis30 said:
Dear All,

I know sorry doesn't cut it man, but I am. I can't say much about your ex wife, I don't know you, but you're probably better off without. Children...I can't imagine that. I mean, I've been in a rough patch with my kids the last couple months, but that...you're strong bro. I would have gone mad. Like literally, very, very mad. You're off the bat a better person that me.
As for the rest....HAHAHA! Ever look in the mirror and see the word "sucker" looking back? Well, I know you have, just like I have lol. Just gotta learn to work on yourself a bit more from now on, instead of others. You're important too, you know.
Welcome to the site, bro.

Thanks dude, your post just exudes uplifting vibes ::)

anubis30, you have just found an entire community of people who feel unwanted or unloved. I only found it a couple of days ago too. Let me just say it is brilliant. I love the people here. The Canadians are fun. They're all good from whatever part of the world. Just relax and know you are in good hands here. You are with friends and you are valued.

Dear All,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, here is my second post (my deepest apologies for the negative tones, but I do believe that this may be the correct community to vent such grief), It is the holidays and this season has always been particularly difficult for me. There are many expectations created by stories and depictions in media of the “joyous” holiday season. For me, it has often been difficult to reconcile these expectations with actual reality. This is the time for parties that you are never invited to. Or if you are invited and can muster the fortitude to drag yourself out of bed, you feel yourself as an outsider as everyone else mixes and mingles you are tongue-tied in the corner. I do believe that life has given me a good hand with regards to IQ and career (more or less I out gun all my peers in that regard), social life and actual meaningful human contact that is constantly denied. I try to fill my time with volunteering for various reasons (mainly I do not want anyone to feel as crap as I do) unfortunately I can't seem to find release from this burden of feeling unwanted, unneeded and unloved. How do you all cope as I honestly feel like I am imploding, I recently experienced yet another rejection by someone very close to my heart who I was willing to do absolutely anything to see her smile (including taking a bullet if needed) - you know the one friend you secretly loved for years and years.

Latest posts

Back