What satisfies you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brennabean

Reaction score
To me, the most satisfying moments are when:

My pyjamas, jumper, socks and bedsheets are colour co-ordinated. I don't know why, but it is amazing.

That moment when I sit down right when I finish cleaning my flat. 

I'm rocking a song on guitar. 

Beating my record on the elliptical. 

Seeing decoration that's totally symmetrical 

And of course, being a brit an all, a good cup of tea with a delicious pastry of some kind. Tonight it will be a choux bun. 

What satisfies you?

Swiss roll with tricolour ice cream (aka neopolitan: strawberry, chocolate and vanilla)

Ten push ups in a row

Feeling holy (I don't care how even a sober nights sleep in clean pajamas but chanting the rosary during a vomitus hangover will suffice)

A perfectly mopped floor (if I mopped it)

Clean bathrooms.

I like anticipation.

Pulling out of Sydney Central in an interstate train. In a few minutes, we will be rushing along through the suburbs at speed, looking at the commuters waiting on platforms for their little suburban trains, as we rush by on a mission. But it is the **anticipation** of that. Rolling slowly out of Central, and picking our way slowly through the maze of points (switches)....

A V8 motor car. Not travelling at freeway speeds, but sitting at the traffic lights, burbling, and waiting to be unleashed. More anticipation.

Taxiing in a 747. That delicious anticipatory moment when the captain calmly says, "cabin crew please be seated for take off."

When I wash the towels and have them folded and arranged in color order.

When I have baked and I pull the goodies out the oven.

When all the groceries are put away.

When ever garment I am wearing is color coordinated.

TheLoadedDog said:
I like anticipation.

Pulling out of Sydney Central in an interstate train.  In a few minutes, we will be rushing along through the suburbs at speed, looking at the commuters waiting on platforms for their little suburban trains, as we rush by on a mission.  But it is the **anticipation** of that.   Rolling slowly out of Central, and picking our way slowly through the maze of points (switches)....

A V8 motor car.  Not travelling at freeway speeds, but sitting at the traffic lights, burbling, and waiting to be unleashed.  More anticipation.

Taxiing in a 747.  That delicious anticipatory moment when the captain calmly says, "cabin crew please be seated for take off."
You'd love jenga.

NewStuff said:
When I wash the towels and have them folded and arranged in color order.

When I have baked and I pull the goodies out the oven.

When all the groceries are put away.

When ever garment I am wearing is color coordinated.
Yes to every single one of these.... :D you're awesome.

time alone

outside the view, scope, or influence of others

it's nearly all that satisfied me

oh, and my cats

The inside of my wrist/forehead lightly stroked....heaven when I'm stressed

Driving my classic car

Miniature bottle of red

A quality massage three times a year

Beautiful woman, nice fireplace, cold bottle of champagne and lots of grunting.

Picking your nose and pulling out the one piece that has a long tail and feels like it was touching your brain.

A good neck crack.

Getting into bed after a very long and productive day.

Latest posts

Back