What would make your life better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

For me I don't even know where to begin, but would love to hear others replies

Not having to worry about money. I know that money can't buy happiness and that everybody suffers but happiness does increase up to a certain financial threshold and then plateaus. www.businessinsider.com/nobel-prize-winners-figured-out-the-perfect-salary-for-happiness-2015-10?international=true&r=US&IR=T

It is tiring to always have to worry about paying for the basics and never have anything extra over.

Of course, I am aware that there are people suffering famine and disease in Yemen (for example) and that my life is a dream compared to their suffering but there isn't much point in having the thread if we are going to play that card for every post.

About 6 million dollars.
No contest.
I could buy whatever left that would make me happy.

See a pattern yet?
Good thing the Church invented "Heaven belongs to the poor".
Since they had all the money at the time, they never would have survived. Hell, we're in the modern age and people STILL say that while practically starving and having multi-billion dollar entities laugh at them.
I always found it incredibly ironic. What a genius move.

Richard_39 said:
See a pattern yet?
Since they had all the money at the time, they never would have survived. Hell, we're in the modern age and people STILL say that while practically starving and having multi-billion dollar entities laugh at them.

I have money, but I have no one.. I used to be living paycheck to paycheck when I had my parents..if you think money is the answer..I appreciate your honesty. But it doesn't take away having absolutely no one in your life

Great thread starter  :shy:

Not money......had three years wages in one go once blew the lot on stuff quickly because was nervous with large amount in the bank.I wasn't any happier being finacially secure for those six months just so used to being poor I suppose.

Friends .....when I had a couple of close  ones when I was younger  it was quite stressful because  they  could be quite demanding yet I still get lonely.Strange how I can't think of anything I'm a bit confused really and can feel a headache comin on lol

Seahorse said:
Richard_39 said:
See a pattern yet?

I have money, but I have no one.. I used to be living paycheck to paycheck when I had my parents..if you think money is the answer..I appreciate your honesty. But it doesn't take away having absolutely no one in your life

Well hey bro, if you have money and you're willing to share, I'd stick with you the rest of my life ;-)
I don't think money is "the answer". I don't think any one thing is the answer. What I do think is that "money doesn't make you happy" is false. It's not a universal truth, but MOST people's problems is about money, or could be solved with it. Simple fact.
Which is why our institution, financial social governemental or otherwise, fed us lines like the above for millenia. More money and wealth for them, you know?
But of course, it's different for everyone and I did not mean to imply such.
It remains, however, one of the most recurring of problems.
Don't have much of a social life myself; money WOULD solve that for me, because I'd be able to partake in activities I haven't for years and that I can't do anymore. You get me?

Then why are so many rich people unhappy?

Money doesn't make you happy, money doesn't solve your problems...unless your problem is that you can't pay your bills and NOTHING ELSE.

My life would be better if the father of my kids would take an active role in the kids' lives. That would free up some time for me to go out and do something that I want to do without the kids with me.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything, but I need a break too, I need time for myself too. When they are in school, I am working and cleaning, when they aren't in school, I'm working and cleaning and doing things for them, I can't remember the last time I had a day to myself where I didn't have to work, clean or do something for someone else. Hell, I can't remember the last time I had an hour for that.

I don't mind working, I don't mind not being rich (Don't really want to be rich), so yeah, just a little bit of time for myself would be heavenly.

Well just in case any one is interested in my answers. My first would be to have some one to call in case of an emergency. The rest are just selfish things like having some one to spend time with

TheRealCallie said:

Money doesn't make you happy, money doesn't solve your problems...unless your problem is that you can't pay your bills and NOTHING ELSE.  

My life would be better if the father of my kids would take an active role in the kids' lives.  That would free up some time for me to go out and do something that I want to do without the kids with me.  
Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything, but I need a break too, I need time for myself too.  When they are in school, I am working and cleaning, when they aren't in school, I'm working and cleaning and doing things for them, I can't remember the last time I had a day to myself where I didn't have to work, clean or do something for someone else.  Hell, I can't remember the last time I had an hour for that.  

I don't mind working, I don't mind not being rich (Don't really want to be rich), so yeah, just a little bit of time for myself would be heavenly.

I'm willing to bet the majority of rich people ARE happy =P

I meant my own reasons are selfish...not others. I do understand that money solves many problems

I don't know any unhappy rich person. I think that if you have money and are not happy then you haven't been investing that money well.

Xpendable said:
I don't know any unhappy rich person. I think that if you have money and are not happy then you haven't been investing that money well.

Though if you still have money, you must be doing something right.

More direction, more sense of community, more time with my family. I try not to get into the mentality of listing off, "If I only had this, then I could be happy..."

I guess I just got tired of feeling bad after so many years, even though it's not great.

TheRealCallie said:

My life would be better if the father of my kids would take an active role in the kids' lives.  That would free up some time for me to go out and do something that I want to do without the kids with me.  
Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything, but I need a break too, I need time for myself too.  When they are in school, I am working and cleaning, when they aren't in school, I'm working and cleaning and doing things for them, I can't remember the last time I had a day to myself where I didn't have to work, clean or do something for someone else.  Hell, I can't remember the last time I had an hour for that.  

RICH PEOPLE PROBLEMS, seriously? Did you read about any of their problems? I'd exchange mine with theirs in a HEARTBEAT. They aren't problems, they're minor disagreements!

You know we've been fed this bullshit since the Dark Ages, right? That's because monarques, kings, high priests, functionnaries, senators, you name it, people living in squalid, luxuriant, richer than GOD wealth do NOT want to share it with you. They're so afraid of losing their money and power they'd rather you die than have even an ounce of it.
Hell, Donald Trump has problems, he shits on a toilet bowl made of GOLD. FFS...

I get what you're saying, I really do. "Money doesn't buy happiness", blah blah blah. Yes money does not automatically guarantee you'll have a wonderful life. Thing is, those loaded people of the world have their lives so facilitated that their problem are entirely inconsequential in a great, great many a case. Compared to mine, compared to yours.

If you WERE rich, you wouldn't have to clean or even work every day. You'd have all the free time in the world to do what matters, and that's being with your kids. Just because they're too stupid to make it work while having a litteral TON of means we do not have is NOT our faults.
Or working on your ex being more active in your kids lives, but that doesn't depend on you, but on him getting his priorities straight (although you being loaded, it would probably take him 20 minutes to pop back in; people are like that).
Like I read a bit earlier, it would lube up your life to make it so much slicker you'd be much happier. I wish it was NOT the world we live in but it is, and people who think themselves superior to you, to all of us, have made sure over millenia that's exactly what we tell ourselves every single day. While we know we wouldn't need three houses and five cars to be happy in life, we could all afford to not work anymore if people who don't think themselves superior to us when they REAAAALLLLYYY aren't, actually GAVE their money to the people instead of buying their 300th Porsche, having sex parties with minors (Trump's "unauthorized stalker" wrote a book about it years ago, that man should be in a cell) or trying to deliver freaking cars to Mars for no reason except that they CAN. And they have the GALL to give not even 1% of their charity for the poor and say they don't OWE anyone more than that?!? They should give it ALL; they're responsible for it! I'm not talking about a dude who works 40 hours a week and makes 100k, I'm talking about the world's 200+/- billionnaires who could LITERALLY bring everyone out of debt. 200 ******** that would rather kill everyone than share. Not to mention our respective governements, who buttscrew us every chance they get but by weapons and missiles for terrorists, just so they can get a brand new car...

Meanwhile some people in some parts of the world, some KIDS aren't eating three meals a day...while we smile, pay taxes to rich people ripping us off and tell ourselves we're happier than them?
Sorry, no. I'm not buying that.
You might think that and that's fine, because so do I. Money doesn't buy happiness. I've always believed that.
But I also say that that's what we've been programmed into for CENTURIES by people who think they are better than us. They don't WANT us to want more, because they're afraid of losing everything that they have. Far easier stomping all of us in the ground.
They aren't. We're better than them. Eventually we'll have to change something, because if things keep going in this direction, planet Earth is NOT going to end well.

Latest posts

Back