Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How did your lonliness happen?
For me..I just didn't see it coming
 I was a busy girl..both of my parents were terminally ill back to back, I was working and taking care of them...I just didn't notice that none of my so called friends cared....until it was all over and no one was there. What's your story?
(12-19-2017, 03:07 AM)Seahorse Wrote: For me..I just didn't see it coming
 I was a busy girl..both of my parents were terminally ill back to back, I was working and taking care of them...I just didn't notice that none of my so called friends cared....until it was all over and no one was there. What's your story?

Too many lies, too many bad experiences, too many disapointements brought me a certain measure of...let's not say loathing, but definitely problem with the concept of "humanity". It seems whenever I trust someone it just springs back into my face.
So, I decided to sever. I have a few, but very few, close friends.
Unlike a lot of people, I'm actually cool with it. It would be nice to have someone for certain situations or activities, but on the whole, I can't say being by myself is a particularly trying experience. To me, being withothers for prolonged time is the problem.
I moved away from home to a very small town where I didn't know anyone and there was nothing to do.

[Image: p5XQ_g.gif]
My husband leaving me on Christmas night. lol

Not lonely anymore, though...and I'm finally enjoying Christmas again. I would enjoy it more if I had SNOW on Christmas Club
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
I was born.
I'm actually David Blane.
Sad thing is... I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

“I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

I had a tiny little family and they all died due to cancer and an aneurysm. I traveled a lot for school and work, so my friends are all somewhere I am not.
I changed schools at age 7 to a town over, friends became enemies almost overnight, I don't know who/what put them up to it, but I was ostracized together with my 2 sisters. The same happened with the new friends from the other town when I was 12 and forced into a school for the learning disabled (ADHD) eventhough my test scores were above average.

After that I tried school for 2 and a half more years before dropping out and slipping into depression for the next 10. I now think I never had ADHD eventhough I was diagnosed by a professional, I was just a kid with no friends and that ate me up inside.
I think I was just born with it, since I have never had any friends, struggle to make connections, and even on the very, very rare times I do find someone, they never stay around for very long, not long enough to see if things will work anyway. Bullying all through school, university, and in to work sure didn't help, but the loneliness was well and truly there long before all that started. Thing is, I know it can go away quite easily, just not by itself Sad
I actually am constantly surrounded by people and interaction. I have a lot of friends and Im not boasting or anything but they're pretty good friends. I have everything at my hands, ticked off my goals. My life at school wasnt hard at all, I was always the nice girl that got the good grades and did everything by the book. But also experienced the night life and drinking university life as well.

Ive achieved everything that I put on my list when I was growing up, and yet I still feel unsatisfied.

Its the worst when youre among the people you love making memories and yet you feel foreign to it all.

I always wake up wishing I had another life.

To some I may sound ungrateful, but is it possible to feel lonely when youre everyday life consists of you being around so many people?

Okay this has turned into a vomit post haha thankyou.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe Lonliness can be GOOD bearcat22 19 1,299 01-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jessicat
  Lonliness and abandonment GhostOfSociety 17 6,635 12-25-2018, 02:40 AM
Last Post: cosmosandmusiclover
  How to keep your sanity in times of lonliness ? Restless soul 43 8,775 11-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Paul Bauman
  What is lonliness to you, and what would be the cure? Restless soul 36 5,451 11-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Somnambulist
  Yes, lonliness does cause anger. I am living proof Restless soul 19 4,113 11-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: planetlonely23
  My Experience With Lonliness PixiePalace 9 3,265 10-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: JenniferJones
  There Can Be Diferent Types Of Lonliness, Which One Are You? Cypha 88 13,380 01-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Last Post: differentlonelygirl
  Lonliness is unbearable... Malrk 5 2,722 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Seeker_2.0
  Lonliness cumulus.james 34 6,011 11-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Last Post: cumulus.james
  lonliness turning into anger Mr Hermit 25 6,221 10-01-2014, 06:24 AM
Last Post: SelfDefenseFamily