How did your lonliness happen?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

For me..I just didn't see it coming
 I was a busy girl..both of my parents were terminally ill back to back, I was working and taking care of them...I just didn't notice that none of my so called friends cared....until it was all over and no one was there. What's your story?

Seahorse said:
For me..I just didn't see it coming
 I was a busy girl..both of my parents were terminally ill back to back, I was working and taking care of them...I just didn't notice that none of my so called friends cared....until it was all over and no one was there. What's your story?

Too many lies, too many bad experiences, too many disapointements brought me a certain measure of...let's not say loathing, but definitely problem with the concept of "humanity". It seems whenever I trust someone it just springs back into my face.
So, I decided to sever. I have a few, but very few, close friends.
Unlike a lot of people, I'm actually cool with it. It would be nice to have someone for certain situations or activities, but on the whole, I can't say being by myself is a particularly trying experience. To me, being withothers for prolonged time is the problem.

I moved away from home to a very small town where I didn't know anyone and there was nothing to do.

My husband leaving me on Christmas night. lol

Not lonely anymore, though...and I'm finally enjoying Christmas again. I would enjoy it more if I had SNOW on Christmas :club:

I had a tiny little family and they all died due to cancer and an aneurysm. I traveled a lot for school and work, so my friends are all somewhere I am not.

I changed schools at age 7 to a town over, friends became enemies almost overnight, I don't know who/what put them up to it, but I was ostracized together with my 2 sisters. The same happened with the new friends from the other town when I was 12 and forced into a school for the learning disabled (ADHD) eventhough my test scores were above average.

After that I tried school for 2 and a half more years before dropping out and slipping into depression for the next 10. I now think I never had ADHD eventhough I was diagnosed by a professional, I was just a kid with no friends and that ate me up inside.

I think I was just born with it, since I have never had any friends, struggle to make connections, and even on the very, very rare times I do find someone, they never stay around for very long, not long enough to see if things will work anyway. Bullying all through school, university, and in to work sure didn't help, but the loneliness was well and truly there long before all that started. Thing is, I know it can go away quite easily, just not by itself :(

I actually am constantly surrounded by people and interaction. I have a lot of friends and Im not boasting or anything but they're pretty good friends. I have everything at my hands, ticked off my goals. My life at school wasnt hard at all, I was always the nice girl that got the good grades and did everything by the book. But also experienced the night life and drinking university life as well.

Ive achieved everything that I put on my list when I was growing up, and yet I still feel unsatisfied.

Its the worst when youre among the people you love making memories and yet you feel foreign to it all.

I always wake up wishing I had another life.

To some I may sound ungrateful, but is it possible to feel lonely when youre everyday life consists of you being around so many people?

Okay this has turned into a vomit post haha thankyou.

I was walking down the street one day and I didn't see it coming. It came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder and has been a constant companion ever since.

Sci-Fi said:
I moved away from home to a very small town where I didn't know anyone and there was nothing to do.

pretty much the same thing happened to me, it's hard to fit in in a small town where everyone has known each other for ages

BeyondShy said:
I was walking down the street one day and I didn't see it coming. It came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder and has been a constant companion ever since.

Do you ever take it out for coffee? ;) 
I can relate to that, although it comes only at certain times myself. The rough times, I miss not having companionship. To say I'm lonely would be an exaggeration, however.

Life just left me behind. I lost my relationship, my job and my house. My friends and family, as good as they are, are all busy with their own lives, and I rarely see most of them. I’m lucky to have a great daughter who I see once or twice a month, but she is busy with uni and things. I don’t generally see anybody else at all for long periods. I think I have become a recluse since losing my job, I don’t go anywhere, and manage to do everything completely online. I’ve always been a bit of a loner and an introvert, but I used to go out with friends several times a week. Now that doesn’t happen often anymore, and I feel nervous when I do have to go out, preferring to stay in, but at the same time feeling bored and lonely. I can’t win!

I moved to a new town and never really fit in. I think the isolation messed me up and now it's made socializing for me extra hard.

i have always been alone, for me is something natural like breathing. I have almost accepted it

I think I was born with it. I was lonely as a child, never had friends, always at the fringes of everything, but never included, never wanted. The few 'friends' I have made, all online, never stay around for more than a couple of months. Never had a real relationship. I guess it feels like I've never been allowed to, since, like I said, everyone always leaves. I don't fit in anywhere, don't belong anywhere, and am not wanted anywhere, or by anyone ... trying to just seems to make it worse ... so, I think I was born with it. I don't want to die with it, but, as they go now I probably will.

I have always been a loner but... for most of my life I was in synch with my world. I was going to school at the same time as people my age.. dating at the same time as people my age etc... moving up in the workplace with people my age...

But then, my elderly parents got sick. When everyone else was getting married, getting promotions, I was dealing with them. Then after that,, I was out of synch with my word. This has been incredibly isolating. When my friends are having parent issues... I already dealt with them ten years ago and don't want to again. I want to focus on dating but they are all 4 or 5 years married with kids and don't want to assist with my dating. But want me to assist with their unhappy marriages.

Hrm. Over time I grew into the realization that I was lonely, but I've always been kind of been alone. I mean, I have family, but I began to become reclusive and asocial as a kid. I have maladaptive daydreaming disorder, which has centered around my aloneness and I got comfortable living in my own head than out in the world. I can't really connect with others nowadays, and have resigned from life for the most part.

I've got a massive family, quite a few friends as well.... My loneliness is more down to the fact I really struggle to relate to anyone. I wish to god I had been born in a different time, when people still enjoyed the simple things. It must have been nice to look at the stars with someone and not have their phone go off..

Latest posts

Back