These thread titles are seriously lacking variety.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have a question for all you smart folks: What is it about being on a boat that makes people want to wave to each other? Like when two tour boats go past each other on a river and the tourists start waving to each other?

And what about those weekend schmucks in Vegas who put everything on black and lose? For ****'s sake, people, go for red.

Anyway ... Ahoy, budereenes and buds. Seems you've got quite a gang assembled here. Thought I'd pop in and tip my hat and see if I can find my little corner where I'll be alone and ignored while the rest of you stand around in circles and make jokes and laugh.

They say I'm a great friend (ask any woman I've ever liked), my cooking skills are enviable to where no one ever wants to come for dinner again because they're too envious, and if there's one thing I seem to absolutely love it's learning the same lessons in life over and over and over and over and... well, over again.

Grab on to something firm for this next bit though: I'm also kind of on the lonely side. Like, all the way out there. Like, take out your binoculars and zoom all the way in. Yeah, that little speck there waving? That's me ten years ago. Now he's a speck to me.

Yeah, I'm seriously going to have to take the cooking thing down a notch.

But of course, being lonely puts me in no less than half of the west's population who now profess a level of social disconnect. What a wonderful world we've built for ourselves.

So, to all of you who are still reading, well, that's thirty seconds you'll never see again, isn't it? Now, if you can also correctly type out my username on your first try you might just enjoy the honor of receiving a PM from me.

I'll leave it there for now. Stay well, my dears, and remember - life is the leading cause of death.

Twelve people have looked at this thread and are probably just still staring at the screen trying to come up with something. It ain't easy. Hi Disestablishmentaria. Are you waving or drowning, it's so hard to tell when you're so far away *backs out tap dancing* *Jazz handzzz*

I read your post a few times and really didn't know how to reply. I hope you enjoy the forum

I never say Hi to new members, but this is... surreal. I like it.

Your username is not as hard as you think, pfff

Welcome!

I try to say Hi to most new members,

If you see us standing around laughing and honeysuckle, come on over...
People aren't going to lasso you for walking by!

Hi Disn.......I give up

Hi matey 
I dunno about the waving maybe there just happy to be on one

Good luck I'm sure a big cheese will help you soon ...they. really were great for me

The answer to the first question is that people nowadays are very impolite.
I'd swim over and shake their hands.

Welcome, Dishm...disp...dude.

Sarah G said:
Twelve people have looked at this thread and are probably just still staring at the screen trying to come up with something. It ain't easy. Hi Disestablishmentaria. Are you waving or drowning, it's so hard to tell when you're so far away *backs out tap dancing* *Jazz handzzz*

Greetings, m's & m's, let's see, what do we have here ...

Sarah - K, let's hear it, how many tries? And don't lie to me or I'll get really angry.

Tap dancing. They say it's a dying art ... Yeah, how about we let this one die.

And why do they call those 'jazz hands' anyway? It's not like they call the air guitar thing 'idiot hands', is it.

Sarah ... It's just like 'era', but with an 's'.

Seahorse said:
I read your post a few times and really didn't know how to reply.

Hey, don't sweat it. You sound like you're down though. What's wrong? Are you lonely?

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome to the forum, Disestablishmentaria.  (waits for PM, since I'm insanely curious about what it will say) :)

See, now if you were a FakeCallie I'd have some reservations, but this way ... Hey, you can expect a message from me as soon as I'm feeling better. Internet can be a lonely place when you have no one to talk to, if you know what I mean.

DarkSelene said:
I never say Hi to new members, but this is... surreal. I like it.

Your username is not as hard as you think, pfff

Well ... fine. Yours ... isn't either. There, how does that feel? Serves you right for being so mean to a newcomer.

Oh, and by 'surreal' you mean like those fantasy Harry Potter novels? You know, where a short, well-mannered kid with funny glasses never gets bullied and becomes the hero of the class. Yeah, man, that woman can write.

MisterLonely said:
I try to say Hi to most new members,

If you see us standing around laughing and honeysuckle, come on over...
People aren't going to lasso you for walking by!

Oh, I have no doubt about that. It's when I try to join in that the trouble starts.

Joturbo said:
Hi Disn.......I give up

Hi matey 
I dunno about the waving maybe there just happy to be on one

Good luck I'm sure a big cheese will help you soon ...they. really were great for me

I think I have a theory on this, mate, bear with me here ... 

So, two boats are going in opposite directions on a river. One of the tourists on one of the boats notices the other boat and goes, "Oh look, there's a boat, let's wave." The tourist next to them goes,  "Oh, wow, what a great idea, I was trying to think of something to do with my hand ...". And so they wave and two tourists on the other boat notice them and they get up and wave back. And so they wave and ... Yeah, this isn't going anywhere, is it?

TheLoadedDog said:
I thought it would have been antidisestablishmentarianism.

Steady now, dude. That would be too long.

Richard_39 said:
The answer to the first question is that people nowadays are very impolite.
I'd swim over and shake their hands.

Welcome, Dishm...disp...dude.

Yeah, but what if a piranha bit your right arm off on the way there? Then you'd have to use your left to shake, and they would probably consider that impolite.

Thanks for the replies and welcomes 
everyone, I really appreciate it. I hope we get to waste more of each other's time in the future.

Seahorse said:
I don't think people who come to,this site are wasting their time

Yeah, but think of all the useful things you could be doing instead of talking to me. Like bird watching or ... tying two rubber bands into a ball or ... I don't know, looking through a dictionary for some new exciting words. For example, here are a few words I recently learned: ambiguity, sarcasm, chill. Stuff like that.

Welcome to the forum, Disestablishmentaria. Hope you find what you're looking for here. Waste of time or not, lol.

ladyforsaken said:
Welcome to the forum, Disestablishmentaria. Hope you find what you're looking for here. Waste of time or not, lol.

Thanks, milady. And what true words you speak ... I say, when you're set on a goal, give it your all. And if you've correctly predicted it would be a complete waste of time, well hey, you've only got one life to live.

Hey there, Disestablishmentaria (username copied).

I made an account just to share this with you:

balka said:
Hey there, Disestablishmentaria (username copied).

I made an account just to share this with you:

Geez, what the hell were they thinking trying to hit the kids with those rocks? What if they'd hit the driver and the car tumbled and rolled over? There would have been broken limbs and stuff. 

If I didn't know better I'd think this was art.

Btw, did you really make an account just for me? Wow, if this was real life I'd be gently sneaking out of bed right about now so as not to wake you, putting my clothes on and leaving you a note on the nightstand with the words 'Please call' and my cell phone number with the last two digits written in the wrong order.

Don't you think that just the last two numbers is a bit too close to the truth? Given a right amount of dedication and desperateness...

Lol this is brilliant.

I would try and swim over to save you but it’s not worth drowning for since I don’t know how to swim at all lol.

Welcome D 😊 hope in some way wasting time here will be worth it.

You know why I wave at people? Like very enthousiastically? Because I hope that my enthusiasm will make their day. It's always nice to see people grin a little at a 23 yo waving in public.

Latest posts

Back