Dangerous Crazy Talk

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoadedDog

Reaction score
I've been hesitant to post this.

I am actually a pretty safe guy.  I help old ladies across the road, rescue kitty cats out of trees, give spare change to the Salvation Army, etc....

But.

I have dark monsters.  I suspect we all do.

I first noticed it back in 2004.  I was walking to the railway station.  I was just absent mindedly tooling it along the street, as you do.  Now, I walked past a block of apartments.  There was a three foot high brick wall with all the letter boxes/mail boxes embedded in it.  Apartments 1 to 18 or or whatever.  Cool.  In the bottom right hand corner was a double wide letter box for the directorship of the block of units.  It said BODY CORPORATE.  Fine.  But as I walked by, I saw it out of the corner of my eye, and it said BLOODIED CORPSE.

Yikes.

I scared the hell out of myself.

This sort of thing has happened multiple times since.

Then you get those news stories on TV...

"Heavily armed police tactical squad have surrounded a house where a man claiming to have a shotgun is holed up.  The siege is in its thirteenth hour now.  The entire street is under lockdown."

Silly, silly man.  But you know what?  Whilst I don't condone his actions and would never do it myself, I find myself on his side.  It's like that movie "Falling Down".

Dark monsters from the depths of the animal brain.   I've never had any trouble greater than a slightly overdue library book - BUT I CAN SEE IT.

I can see a point where you just go "fresia THIS".  Utterly imperfect and full of ethical holes, but beats suicide, I suppose.

Thoughts?

4d30f2026cffb29bac68cbcd9bdd9bfc.jpg

My mind misreads innocent words or phrases as ominously charged terms as well. It would be interesting material to bring to a therapy session if I was still seeing a shrink.

As to the other scenario.....yeah, I can visualize it. I'll never give in to it, I can hold those demons at bay and I'll never sympathize with a guy who snuffs total strangers cos he can't resist the temptation, but I can see how someone might lose control.

Actually, in public places during stressful times like Christmas I tend to watch what's going on around me and keep the exits and places to take cover in mind......

Happy Holidays!

Latest posts

Back