Am I in the wrong place here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seahorse

I don't play video games, watch sci fi, read harry potter or play chess. I'm a super friendly person who just fell into lonliness due to certain circumstances .

Out of here...lol...made a few friends in the chat room.. But as for this forum... Umm. I won't be rude, but some of y'all need help

I got excited when I saw some one post about playing sports games...I thought they meant actually playing sports... Nope..they meant video games...some one shoot me please

Seahorse said:
Out of here...lol...made a few friends in the chat room.. But as for this forum... Umm. I won't be rude, but some of y'all need help

Let me try and answer this for you. Some of us do need help and I'll put myself at the top of the list. I have social anxiety especially around women because I am so shy and that hurts me in many ways. I have no one that I hang out with because I don't think I am good enough, etc, etc.

Talking to people in the chat room is a different story. You can exchange texts in real time and in that way it can give you a better idea of who they are. At least that is how I found it.

One of your observations in here was that there were too many game threads. I won't disagree there and I think that those threads have grown since the two and a half years I have been a member. I made a comment once when I first joined in a photography thread that some guy had in here where I said the game threads were "something else." I meant that some of them I did not get at all but when I said that someone (who is no longer here) stated that what I said was "deplorable." I've never forgotten that and it has affected me to this day when I am here.

As for other threads I have learned things by reading and trying to understand other people's experiences and that part of the forum has been very helpful.

Hay, just be yourself. Carry on being friendly. Don't take this place or any place to seriously and try to have fun. Do that and the right people am sure will love you.

Some people that seem to be into everything just seem like they try to harrd.
Most people just won't to be friends with other people that don't have issues and are just friendly.
You sound like you would fit that description.

I don't play video games. I like some (but not all) sci-fi, I'm too old for Harry Potter, and I lost all of the grand total of three games of chess I have ever played.

None of it matters. Be yourself. You fit in just fine here.

What's wrong with any of those topics? Most of them are very common pastimes, and not a cause for loneliness. What unites people here is that they are or were at one point lonely enough to stumble on the website, regardless of their hobbies, or regardless of their reasons.

The only people who are in the "wrong place" are those who look down on others for their why, or can't understand. If you're interested in specific hobbies and want to avoid hobbies you don't like, there are plenty of hobby-based forums.

It's easy to look down on people, but remember what they say about stones and glass houses.

Seahorse said:

I got excited when I saw some one post about playing sports games...I thought they meant actually playing sports... Nope..they meant video games...some one shoot me please

You only seemed to come here to generalize, belittle, and point out perceived problems. Many of your posts have come off as rude, and you've made a few posts that make it clear that you don't actually read the discussions before jumping in with your own own opinion. 

You need more help than you think.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Most of my posts are rude? Alrighty then. I'm definitely in the wrong place. I wrote a post asking to say some thing nice about some one. 2 people replied. Wow.

Seahorse said:
I don't play video games, watch sci fi, read harry potter or play chess. I'm a super friendly person who just fell into lonliness due to certain circumstances .

Everyone is different. You don't have to enjoy any of those to be on this forum. Or someone could like all of them and be here. Many different reasons why people decide to sign up to this forum, too. It's not a cookie-cutter thing.

Seahorse said:
Most of my posts are rude? Alrighty then. I'm definitely in the wrong place. I wrote a post asking to say some thing nice about some one. 2 people replied. Wow.

Just because people don't post how they think or feel about others does not mean there is nothing positive to say, I'd like to think that everyone I value already knows that, it does not need to be published.

Seahorse said:

Sorry to say it but this is rude yes, most here do need help and know it.

Seahorse said:

I don't play video games, have never read any Harry Potter, haven't played chess in many years and watch relatively little Sci-Fi though there is some.

A one time i was on an issue related forum and noticed a game section. My first impression was that it was weird to have a game section on such a forum. It seemed sort of wrong, like it trivialized the issue the forum was based around.

I eventually came to see that it did serve some valuable purposes.  It does here too. Of course neither the game section or any other section is going to be of interest to everyone.

Yes some people here need help and most of them know it. I don't exclude myself from the list. I would think that is why they are here, looking for direction, interaction or diversion for a time.

Seahorse, I did offer some friendly overtures.

But you are being a prize prat. You are LOOKING to be offended. This does not wash. Pull your finger out. We are happy to help you, but you have to want to be helped. Simple as that.

Stay with us. Relax. We are not going to solve your problems, but we sure as hell are not trying to make them worse. We do what we can.

There are many different people here. Some like the games, some don't go near them. It doesn't hurt them being there. Even lonely people need to have fun once in a while. If you don't like them, just don't look at them.
As for people needing help, people need help EVERYWHERE. There is not one person in this world who hasn't have some kind of issue at some point in their life and needed help. I don't think they need it pointed out for them.

If you would like a specific thread, why not just make one? If you want a thread to discuss physical, off the computer sports, make one.

I am sorry to have offended so many people. Most of my threads were to engage people in conversation in what I thought was a positive way.
The reality is that the parts of this forum that I find very dark and the parts I find down right childish out weigh the benefits for me personally.
I do sincerely wish every one on here the best.
seahorse

Seahorse said:
I am sorry to have offended so many people. Most of my threads were to engage people in conversation in what I thought was a positive way.
The reality is that the parts of this forum that I find very dark and the parts I find down right childish out weigh the benefits for me personally.
I do sincerely wish every one on here the best.
seahorse

lol I think thats the case for most forums

Everywhere you go is going to have things you don't like or don't think should be there. It's up to you whether you decide to focus on the bad or if you choose to focus on the good. That's true with anywhere and anything, be it online or off.

Yes, there have been numerous childish things on this forum and there have been some rather messed up things on this forum too, but they are few and far between and for all intents and purposes, this is a pretty safe place on the internet. A place you can vent and a place where you can let loose and have some fun. Not everything will be your cup of tea, but skip that stuff and go on to what can be your cup of tea. And if your cup of tea isn't here, add it.

I trust that The Real Callie will continue to maintain the peace and law and order around here :)
As a very isolated person, not by choice I really was hoping to engage with others in a positive way even if in REAL life we might not have much in common. But the negative aspects of this site have effected me pretty bad.

If you were/are at a wrong place, you would know at the right time. In the meantime, just explore, see what it has to offer, offer what you have to offer. This is true for both, this forum and the world you were born in.

Seahorse said:
I trust that The Real Callie will continue to maintain the peace and law and order around here :)

Wrong. She does not maintain the peace and law and order here. She's helpful and observant and points out many things to me that I could work on but a lot of people don't see it that way and would rather fight with her about anything and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back