UK Dating Sites with Usernames?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LifePath1

Reaction score
Sorry if I post this in the wrong section, this is my first thread. I was wondering if anyone knows a good dating site where you don't have to use your real name? Even OK Cupid are bringing in new rules against usernames! So any advice would be great thanks!

zibafu said:
why wouldnt you want someone you're looking to date to know your real name?

Not at first! I mean who wants potential bosses looking them up online and finding out what you like to do in bed?...

Well either way I like my privacy, so I won't ever join a site where I have to use my real name. If anyone does know a good site that would be great

LifePath1 said:
Well either way I like my privacy, so I won't ever join a site where I have to use my real name. If anyone does know a good site that would be great

I kinda know what you mean, you don't wanna use your real name so anyone can look you up randomly. I would have thought there would be some privacy settings to do with that...

9006 said:
LifePath1 said:

I kinda know what you mean, you don't wanna use your real name so anyone can look you up randomly. I would have thought there would be some privacy settings to do with that...

Correct, I forgot that there are some "privacy" options that can be used to hide identity...

zibafu said:

I'd be afraid of stalkers. I used to work at a place that was fairly locally identifiable if you knew the type of work, and had someone inquiring in their first message about the exact store once.

Imagine what a crazy could have done if they knew the very store I worked in, and my name! They could show up to harass me, call in with fake accusations, etc... these are things that have happened in real-life, to others.

Granted, it's not much harder to do a little sleuthing based off of a photograph than a name, but I think people are too trusting online.

I just lie anyway and put in the fake name.

I don't want the public to see me on there. My photo OR my real name.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
I just lie anyway and put in the fake name.

I don't want the public to see me on there. My photo OR my real name.

Well, as I can see, most of the girls to exactly the same thing... :)

Tealeaf said:
zibafu said:

I'd be afraid of stalkers. I used to work at a place that was fairly locally identifiable if you knew the type of work, and had someone inquiring in their first message about the exact store once.

Imagine what a crazy could have done if they knew the very store I worked in, and my name! They could show up to harass me, call in with fake accusations, etc... these are things that have happened in real-life, to others.

Granted, it's not much harder to do a little sleuthing based off of a photograph than a name, but I think people are too trusting online.

Exactly, nicely explained!

Latest posts

Back