This time next year

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

I keep seeing a commercial for a new tv show called this time next year. Its following the lives of people who had a specific goal. There's a family who are overweight and combined want to lose 400lbs, there's a woman who wants to become a fire fighter. Do you have any long term or even short term goals for the new year?

I do, I would really like to travel much more than I have done so far in life, and preferably with someone to keep me company!

MisterLonely said:
I do, I would really like to travel much more than I have done so far in life, and preferably with someone to keep me company!

I'm lucky I have every thing right here where I live that I enjoy, but also wish I had the company to enjoy it with.
Maybe there are tour groups that you can participate in to the places you would like to go

I do ...to be a better father to my children because kids I feel tend to copy their parents especially when fithteen which one of mine are.

Joturbo said:
I do ...to be a better father to my children because kids I feel tend to copy their parents especially when fithteen which one of mine are.

Well that sounds like a great goal and certainly attainable

Seahorse said:
MisterLonely said:

I'm lucky I have every thing right here where I live that I enjoy, but also wish I had the company to enjoy it with.
Maybe there are tour groups that you can participate in to the places you would like to go

What about a cruise Mr. Lonely. If I wanted to travel that would be a pretty good option if I was alone

This time next year I hope to have built up really nice business credit that will let me borrow loads of monies.

Seahorse said:
MisterLonely said:

What about a cruise Mr. Lonely. If I wanted to travel that would be a pretty good option if I was alone

I don't know about a cruise, it would be an option but i don't like being tied down to a schedule, I more just like to wander and see what crosses my path, nothing planned ahead that is a must.

Joturbo said:
Thankyou Seahorse

Interested to know if you have any goals in the New Year

To find a job that even if I don't love, will at least make me appreciate coming home every day to take care of my fur babies. I would love to find some one to go boating with because that's my favorite thing to do. Besides that I'm ok. Thank you for asking

kamya said:
This time next year I hope to have built up really nice business credit that will let me borrow loads of monies.

What is your plan for that money?

I don't like to plan much because experience has taught me that things can change very quickly.

Still, I have a few hopes.

I definitely hope to find a new, interesting, stimulating voluntary project to be a part of in 2018. I like to get out the house and be a part of the community because feeling entirely anonymous, whilst that was probably my dream when I moved here from a small and claustrophobic island, makes me feel very lonely, like I don't really exist. I feel that there is more stimulation to grow when I can see myself reflected in the lives of others and that requires some interaction. I lean towards the theory that all of this (so called reality) is merely an illusion and that everyone I interact with is a reflection of myself, a fleeting, conjured up hologram teaching me something on my journey of sanctification. Lalala. So yeah, some sort of voluntary work, worst case scenario I end up at the stupid monkey sanctuary which I don't want because I have zero affinity with monkeys...they cannot possibly be a reflection of me and have nothing to teach me about my inner psyche, right?

In other news I really need to somehow re-decorate my flat because it looks really run down and miserable so I gotta get that done in 2018.

Also continue recovering from restrictive eating disorder and definitely not go back to it. So I hope that this time next year that whole mess will be old news.

I will this time next year have ditched self defeating language and like myself much more.

Serenia said:
I will this time next year have ditched self defeating language and like myself much more.

At least you will. I have faith in you. I won't say the same for myself.  ;)

I'd like to be in a job that at least doesn't hurt my self-image, and gives me enough confidence to say that I have at least enough potential to be a regular, competent person instead of feeling like I'm hopeless.

And I hope that I'm not single anymore. I don't know how much control I have over this, but I hope I escape foreveralone every year.

Latest posts

Back