Anyone in the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure. A fan of Angel? Happens to be my all time fave tv show.

Brennabean said:
Essex girl here. I haven't seen much of Angel, but I love buffy :)

You just have to watch Angel! It gets better and better from seasons 1-3, becomes a little too unbelievably weird even for a vampire-detective show in Season 4, and then delivers one of the greatest seasons in television history, season 5. Most people would argue Buffy is the better show, but Angel season 5 is absolute perfection for me, the best of the lot.

TheLoadedDog said:
I'm from Australia.  This is like the UK a  bit.  Better cricket and worse beer.

And ridiculous spiders that have no earthly business existing.

BTID said:
Brennabean said:
Essex girl here. I haven't seen much of Angel, but I love buffy :)

You just have to watch Angel! It gets better and better from seasons 1-3, becomes a little too unbelievably weird even for a vampire-detective show in Season 4, and then delivers one of the greatest seasons in television history, season 5. Most people would argue Buffy is the better show, but Angel season 5 is absolute perfection for me, the best of the lot.

I'm not in the UK, just wanted to comment on this.  I enjoyed both shows and while I agree she should definitely watch Angel and it was fantastic, I feel Buffy just edges out a tiny bit over Angel.  However, the ending of Angel was better than Buffy.

I’m from the UK, and at the risk of turning this into a buffy/angel thread, just wanted to add I loved both shows.

Buffy Seasons 1-3 are great. I'm not a fan of 4-7. Too much focus on Spike and Willow and not enough on the themes that made the show great originally. 

I much prefer Angel because I sympathise more with his character than with anyone on Buffy. Not a fan of Season 5. The first half is weak and too focused on Spike, but the second half is good. No ending in TV can beat Home in Season 4, and no series ending can beat Not Fade Away. 

If you enjoyed Angel, I'd recommend picking up Angel: After the Fall, and the first season of Angel and Faith. The Buffy comics are pretty bad, though, to be fair. 

Anyone wants to further discuss Angel and/or Buffy, drop me a PM  :D

Latest posts

Back