Eeep. I'm scared.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brennabean

Reaction score
I feel like there should be a "fears and anxieties" thread thing for my issue but this was the next most relevant thing.
In short, my anxiety is going haywire this morning. I got home this weekend and opened a letter from my local hospital to go to the colorectal clinic to get a colonoscopy. I know I've wanted one for ages but I didn't request it. A couple weeks ago or so I had one of many blood tests that I've been having this year because of my tummy troubles, and this blood test was the only one where I was asked to see a doctor. I forgot about that appt because of my deadlines so I called my gp reception desk asking for the results of my blood test, and even though the receptionist said she could tell me at first, when she saw the results she immediately booked me an appt and was reluctant to tell me what the results and said I needed to see my doctor.

I know I'm being dumb because I've been suffering with my tummy problems for nearly and year now and if this means that I finally get a diagnosis. I suspect it won't be top serious, I have thought that I've had Inflammatory Bowel Disease for a while now and I guess I'll find out in a couple hours. But here I am, sitting alone in my flat letting my anxiety freak me out and I just hoped that posting this would be cathartic, I don't think it was now. I need to calm the fresia down lol, what an annoying day to be an  ex-smoker lol.

Thanks for reading this if you did.

Aw I can feel your nerves just by how you wrote that! I really feel for you, at least after it's over and done with you'll know what's wrong! I'm sure there's nothing I can really say to make it better, I had anxiety and stomach issues that all boiled down to too much caffeine so hopefully it'll be as easy as lowering your intake of a certain food type. If you have anything wrong at all! I'm sure it'll be fine, feel free to pm me if you want a rant lol! Good luck!

I get you. I usually go out and pace nervously somewhere else than my appartement. Just moving.
I hope everything will be okay.

Definitely understandable to worry.

My theory is if it was anything extremely serious, they would have had you seen there and then. Hopefully by making an appointment it just means that there is something that the Doctor wishes to explain, which is easier to do in person.

I do hope all is well and that you get answers soon

I feel much better now guys, thank you for replying. I feel very silly now as the episode this morning was borderline manic. Anxiety is such a pain - _- hopefully now I can look back on this day as an example of why I should calm down xD

Glad you are feeling better.
Definitely don't feel silly about it though, it is quite natural to panic in that situation (I would do the same).

Hope this afternoon is calmer for you

I would send out a prayer on your behalf, but you'd mock me for it.

So...best of luck! Genuinely.

I would :D 

Then again, I'm evil. Knowing that, I probably wouldn't.

Regardless, you can :club: me ;-)

Brennabean said:
I feel much better now guys, thank you for replying. I feel very silly now as the episode this morning was borderline manic. Anxiety is such a pain - _- hopefully now I can look back on this day as an example of why I should calm down xD

I wouldn't feel silly about anything you did or said.  Sometimes it's just too much and you lash out. Especially when it's concerning your health and you don't know how it will turn out.  I've been there and I'm sure most other people have too.  Just remember to keep breathing and you're okay.  Nothing wrong with a little breakdown here and there, just don't let it stick.

Latest posts

Back