New here!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManitobaBrit70

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this site and am hoping to find some really nice online friends??

A bit about me.....well I'm 47 and live in Manitoba, Canada but originally from England. Where I am there is NOTHING and certainly no friends. Oh actually there is something..Lots and lots of snow!

I'm married, happily but not so. Yes that makes no sense, but its a strange marriage! Complicated and Unique are a good description!

I'm the one that everyone loves, everyone turns to when in need, but I'm the one that is lonely and has nobody! People always presume people like me are ok! But thats not true...... its false.

So hopefully I can find friendship here.......hopefully!

Anyway HELLO people! :D

Hi Manitoba. It seems to be a theme here on CF that people have moved from their mother land or hometown and become isolated and lonely. Well done to us for having the oomph to embark on adventures, eh? I hope you find yourself some good friends and company here on ALL :)

We could trade places, I'm in Montreal and, depending on where you live, the snowy countryside of Manitoba would do me a world of good compared to the bleak, noisy greyness of the big city of Montréal :-(

Welcome to the site, Manibrit, hope you make yourself some swell acquaintances!

Richard_39 said:
We could trade places, I'm in Montreal and, depending on where you live, the snowy countryside of Manitoba would do me a world of good compared to the bleak, noisy greyness of the big city of Montréal :-(

Welcome to the site, Manibrit, hope you make yourself some swell acquaintances!

Hey Richard, I wouldn't swap it because I love it here! And we can build the biggest snowmen ever! hahaha

Plus I totally suck at French so would fail in Montreal

Thanks for the Welcome :D

Sarah G said:
Hi Manitoba. It seems to be a theme here on CF that people have moved from their mother land or hometown and become isolated and lonely. Well done to us for having the oomph to embark on adventures, eh? I  hope you find yourself some good friends and company here on ALL :)

Yeah Sarah its difficult moving to another country, I've been here 6 years now and have no regrets about moving! I love it here.
People love my British humour and crazy personality, but they don't seem to want to hang around me for long........Mostly because its a rural community and they are all stuck in their ways!

Thanks for the Welcome :)

Welcome to ALL Manitoba

Hope you find some friends on here - there are some wonderful people, so I hope that you will

Oh, that's not true, French is no longer necessary in Montréal (either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view, I quit on the whole subject lol).
I'm jealous though. Been raining all day here and the snow is gone.
WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????!?!?!?!
;-)

Richard_39 said:
Oh, that's not true, French is no longer necessary in Montréal (either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view, I quit on the whole subject lol).
I'm jealous though. Been raining all day here and the snow is gone.
WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????!?!?!?!
;-)

Well today its minus 42 and my question to that is also WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?! Its a freeze bits of your body parts kind of a day! I always say when the snot freezes in your nose then you know its cold.
And I'm jealous as I miss the rain................It never rains here. But in the UK it rains ALL THE TIME and I don't miss that.......Maybe I'm a weather snob and am hard to please :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back