Childhood dreams?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effervescent

Reaction score
With this thread I'm going to take you years back, to some of the first memories from your life, when your imagination had absolutely no limits... Well, for some it probably still has none, but the following questions still apply. :D

What were your dreams when you were a child? What did you wish for? It can be anything, like what did you want to become when you grew up, what did you want to get, to happen in your life, to come to existence and so on. Maybe something you've seen or heard or dreamed of that has inspired you to get an idea for something new and interesting for you at the time.

Literally anything that made your childhood colorful.

I wanted to be a cop. I wanted to catch bad guys and make sure nothing bad ever happened to any woman or child in the world. Failing that, I wanted to be Superman to have the strenght and power to stop EVERYTHING.
I also imagined that would mean I would have no life of my own, something which, even when I was 4 years old, I was willing to do.
Sadly, no amount of praying ever made either one or the other happen lol.

When I was little I wanted to be either a fireman or an artist. I loved to draw superheroes. Didn't become either although I did almost go to college for commercial design or something like that but I foolishly opted to take computer programming instead. I've always had a huge imagination, still do. For some weird reason when I was a teenager I never thought I'd make it to my twenties. Made it way past that.

Train driver. Engineer to you Americans.

When I was a kid in the 70s, we still had 1920s electric trains. The driver's door was open, and he'd be sitting there on a little wooden stool, wind in his hair. I thought that was just the greatest thing.

TheLoadedDog said:
Train driver.  Engineer to you Americans.

When I was a kid in the 70s, we still had 1920s electric trains.  The driver's door was open, and he'd be sitting there on a little wooden stool, wind in his hair.  I thought that was just the greatest thing.

LD, that reminds me of Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video.  There is a short clip of him driving the train, wind in his hair and he has the biggest smile on his face as if he's on top of the world. Since watching the video for the first time, and that image etched in my memory, whenever I see a train it's the first thing that pops into my mind.  Yeah, yeah, silly to some, but whatever...haha.

I love that video. Cash is a legend.

Trains are also legend. There is an old saying... not originally about railways, but it has been adopted.

"To those who know, no explanation is necessary. To those who do not, none shall ever suffice."

I remember I wanted a particular car, well I wanted 11 of them, all of different colors. I wanted to be a pilot when i was 2-3, but after a lot of brainstorming and analysis, i quit the idea because my grandfather said that you are not allowed to keep the airplane for yourself.
Then I wanted my grandfather to take me to Mumbai to meet Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest cricketer of all time

I wanted to be a Librarian, lol.

I also wanted to get married and have a family of my own.

Latest posts

Back