People Are good. Never Forget This.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoadedDog

Reaction score
So, those of you who are bored enough to have been following my story will know I'm kinda heartbroken.  My world sorta ended recently.  Women, eh?

I had something of a nervous breakdown.  Off work for weeks.  This started to get a bit financially dodgy, as you would understand.

So I work with a team of people largely of Vietnamese, Indian, and South American extraction.  Bloody foreigners, eh?  Anyway, a car just pulled up outside my house.  I was given some home cooking, some groceries.  Oh yes, and $2400 cash.  To be paid back one day whenever.

So cảm ơn, 謝謝, gracias, ευχαριστώ, no worries mate.  I am touched and humbled.

People CAN be good =P

It's nice to know some people have your back when things go south. I've had similar moments in the past and I'll never forget them and the feeling of it all.

How lovely.

It is always reassuring to know there are still some good souls out there.

Hope you are doing ok

Some people are good but culture, sense of community etc. has something to do with it too. Very unlikely you would have got that kind help from other white Australians.

Probably sadly true about the white Australians. I shouldn't say it, because I know some beautiful white Australians, but on the whole, yes. Same as Americans and Brits - we are individualistic. Every man for himself. My Asian friends have not forgotten it takes a village to raise a child.

Being giving in western culture you'll sometimes be viewed as if you are expecting anything in return. And vice versa accepting generosity is often confused with charity and shame.

For these reasons it's harder for the white australian or any other western culture to give as well as receive

Yep. And every white Aussie needs to know one thing: we are on Aboriginal land. We need to respect the Old People. This is not negotiable. 60 000 years of culture.

I've not been here long enough to have followed your story but wanted to add a comment because I somewhat know how you feel, not the loss of a loved one but from the loss of everything financially. I too had a nervous breakdown and struggled terribly.

Some of the nicest people I have met here in Canada have been Filipino's and native Canadians. From them I have been given food and support. Even though I'm a Brit I often find that my culture will help but always want something in return. Same with a lot of the white Canadians here too. And I have never understood this about them purely because I am not at all like that and would give my last shirt off my back to help someone.

I'm so glad that they reached out and helped you. And I hope that you will soon start to feel a little better.

There ARE good people out there!

That was an amazingly kind and wonderful thing to do. Very good people helping someone they must equally believe to be a good person...You. That’s really nice that you shared that. Thanks 😊

( That was a pretty Canadian eh?? Eh? 😉🙃)😁😎

That was very nice of them, good to know there are still decent people out there.

Pathfinder said:
( That was a pretty Canadian eh?? Eh? 😉🙃)😁😎

Why the hell are you Canucks so freaking weird?  You are weirder than Australians, and that is against the rules.  ;)

We keep the New Zealanders for special events....

More people like that on Earth are needed.
Some people are good, but too few. I always figured the ones who possess the least in life are the most generous.
That's a precious thing to have. You got good friends.

Of course, there is a lot of good and honest people around us. Just try, when you get back in good life situation to not forget that, and be one of those who helps to those who are in trouble :)

I wish I had the faith you had right now.
I feel I'm surrounded by people, except my close loved ones, who want to see my head on a pike in front of Vlad's castle....

Latest posts

Back