Creative hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
Currently my main one is knitting (just picked up enough yarn for another two scarves), and music. Anyone been into anything crafty or creative lately?

I put together a bunch of model cars not that long ago, a couple of movie Batmobiles I finally found, Ecto 1, and K.I.T.T :D After I got those all done I did some final custom figures which will probably be the last ones I'll do. There is one custom I'm trying to do but I'm having a rather difficult time finding some decent materials to use. So for now it's all been put away until I come across something I can use. What I need is basically flat model grade plastic that the craft store and hobby shop here don't seem t have.

I cross stitch. Find that really therapeutic. (My Mum spent years trying to teach me how to knit, but I just cannot get it, lol)

I am also into pyrography, and recently been trying my hand at calligraphy

Pen paling and I’m trying to quilt by hand. I don’t touch it very often since I started. Maybe I will today.

A few years ago my mother bought me a full scaled down version of the ISS - you have to build it of course. I loved the idea of building it properly (I'm a very practical person) and completing it... unfortunately you also had to paint each peace and that's one thing I hate! I pursued for a while but my impatients for painting and my work shifts just got in the way and it's sat there ever since. And that's the end of that story lol.

Sadly I don't have time for stuff like that with my work. When I have time off I'd rather go places and take pictures.

I used to do models as well.

Though these days I'm getting creative trying to find a way to defeat Hyperius and other raid bosses in Borderlands 2, dunno if that counts lol

Tealeaf said:
Currently my main one is knitting (just picked up enough yarn for another two scarves), and music. Anyone been into anything crafty or creative lately?

Can you sew like with stitching and the like? I'm so jealous of anyone who can.

I love finding and modifying things with rivets, velcro for added benefits/personalization/efficiency, etc. I guess I tend to do this a lot whenever I need to focus, and I get lost in myself too, haha.

Inventor or modifier by nature, perhaps?

I'm a musician. I've been playing a bass guitar for 15 years. I started with a 4 string, moved up to a 5, and now have a 6 string bass. Regrettably, I haven't had the time recently to play. It's been about 6 or 9 weeks now since I've touched it. I think the only reason I haven't gone crazy in that time is because I'm under a depressive spell, just trying to ride out factors that are outside of my control that are preventing me from playing.

Latest posts

Back