Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you notice about popular people..
(01-23-2018, 04:58 AM)9006 Wrote: People are popular for all kinds of reasons. But I think people with strong personalities, who are humorous, or generally compatible people are the most popular.

This...also CONFIDENCE.

Yes, there are good looking people in "popular" groups, as well as shallow people, people who don't care, people who are dumb, people who are sheep, people who go to all the parties, etc etc etc.
But guess what? Those people also exist in "UNpopular" groups.

I don't really think the OP knows much about popular people though. It does seem like it's stemming from stereotypical bitterness.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(01-22-2018, 01:52 PM)kamya Wrote: A more positive trait I've noticed about my more popular friends is that, when talking or hanging out one-on-one,  they have the ability to make it seem like you are really important to them. They give you their full attention and are always positive and supportive. Very little negativity. Nothing repels other people faster than being negative. 

Yes, I have definitely noticed this. It is a trait I look for myself and sometimes give. 

You guys are a jaded bunch. I am not posting in bitterness just trying to figure out for myself what are traits i should adopt or try to have. I realize I have gotten too independent with a "I don't need you" attitude and now I am trying to change things up a little.
We all have a need to get along on a certain level and being socially adept and perceptive enough to be generally accepted or liked by the majority of people you meet is a definite life skill. I'd expect even the most socially adept however would not confuse superficial social recognition as being in anyway a replacement for a meaningful, close and lasting relationships.. ie one that's not based on a 7 point tick list. You tend to find the smartest most down to earth celebrities for example rely heavily on their close childhood friends to keep them level headed and not let public adoration turn them into an idiot.

I think if you try to be a certain type of person to cultivate being popular though you're going to be on shaky ground, just be yourself and be nice to people, it will take care of itself!
(02-11-2018, 03:36 AM)EmilyFoxSeaton Wrote: Yes, I have definitely noticed this. It is a trait I look for myself and sometimes give. 

You guys are a jaded bunch. I am not posting in bitterness just trying to figure out for myself what are traits i should adopt or try to have. I realize I have gotten too independent with a "I don't need you" attitude and now I am trying to change things up a little.

Ha, I just noticed this.
Personally, and I'm probably one of the few who are like that, this is a trait I HATE. Seriously hate with a furious passion. Ironically, I need to use it sometimes within the context of my functions.
They SEEM like they care. Usually, it's pretty obvious they don't. Not really.
I'm a simple guy. I appreciate honesty. That goes for respect, or for outright hatred. A man or woman who pretends to like me but bitches me nonstop (we have a plethora of those in offices, all smiles and sunshine until the deck is dropped when your realize what calleous *ssholes or b*tches they actually are) is NOT someone I'll feel worthy gravitating towards.
It's all show and no substance, 90% of the time. I hate the hypocrisy of it. Which is why I tend to gyrate towards the outcasts. The "problem" people. They are usually much more insightful and honest with their stances.

Personal observation only. There is a margin between total detachement and simulated empathy.
(01-22-2018, 10:08 AM)ardour Wrote: Except for good looking, pretty much the opposite. Opinionated, ambitious, aggressive, highly social and cliquish. People with more passive personalities generally want the approval of those who are more dominant,  that's why they're popular.

Sounds like you just resent a few people.

You are so right. I am glad i don’t feel the need to be in either categories. 
Cheers to you. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quit beating people over the head for not being their best. Naizo 6 785 04-21-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: humourless
  Do people reject or judge you for opposing immigration? Germund 7 767 04-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Strange habits of single people Austen 54 10,255 03-12-2019, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Danielle
  What are some of the mind games people play that you can't stand? MissLonely79 17 3,475 02-27-2019, 08:58 AM
  Why do people leave ALL? nietzsche's lover 59 15,945 02-27-2019, 04:49 AM
  I really don't understand people.... Cornishboy 7 1,121 07-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Last Post: kamya
  People open up to me but they don't know anything about me lovableplatypus 4 1,132 03-08-2018, 05:08 AM
Last Post: lovableplatypus
  Are people getting dumber? Xerin 24 4,685 02-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  People who blast loud music on the weekends whocares 33 15,147 12-05-2017, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Brennabean
  Shaking my head at some people MissLonely79 8 1,606 09-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaGrace