Netflix or Prime Recommendations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it isn't gutwrenching, or technically a drama. Hell, I don't even know if it's on Netflix lol.

But I like westerns. I'm still rewatching Firefly. Shame they cancelled it after only one season. I really always identified with it.
Wish I had money. Someday I definetely would open a cattle ranch in the US somewhere.

Richard_39 said:
Well it isn't gutwrenching, or technically a drama. Hell, I don't even know if it's on Netflix lol.

But I like westerns. I'm still rewatching Firefly. Shame they cancelled it after only one season. I really always identified with it.
Wish I had money. Someday I definetely would open a cattle ranch in the US somewhere.

I thought Firefly was gut wrenching because they canceled it! I cried. I love that show.

Vikings is great, not sure if it's still on Netflix or not? I watch it though Telus Optic TV (I'm in Canada). On Amazon Prime, I've got American Gods bookmarked - haven't watched it yet but it should be good.

ringwood said:
Vikings is great, not sure if it's still on Netflix or not? I watch it though Telus Optic TV (I'm in Canada).

It’s on Prime i think. It does look good.

Never watched Vikings, but I heard good things.

Reminds me of a movie, which kind of got panned but I always loved, the 13th Warrior. Modern modified retelling of the legend of Beowulf. Worth a view if you're a Banderas fan. Made me learn vikings were really in advance of modern feminist values lol

I like watching Black Mirror on Netflix. I prefer the earlier seasons because season 3 is now a "Netflix Original" series an it's not as good IMO. Still watchable. If you like space and science Cosmos is good as well.

I think you'd get better content on Prime but it's more expensive, I suppose that's what you pay for. I don't tend to watch that much, though.

9006 said:
I like watching Black Mirror on Netflix. I prefer the earlier seasons because season 3 is now a "Netflix Original" series an it's not as good IMO. Still watchable. If you like space and science Cosmos is good as well.

I think you'd get better content on Prime but it's more expensive, I suppose that's what you pay for. I don't tend to watch that much, though.

Is Black Mirror a spoof show? Like it makes fun of other shows or something like that?

Black Mirror is sci-fi anthology, drama, awesome examination of how technology functions in modern society. Some episodes are way better than others, though.

I don't watch much on Amazon, but if you like car shows, Grand Tour is supposed to be pretty good (basically Top Gear). My kid loves it.

Netflix has several good ones. Glitch isn't horrible, but I'd seen better. Fuller House, of course. Atypical is a must watch for everyone, IMO, even though some people hate it and some love it, I find it pretty accurate, from my experience. The Crown is pretty good. Orange is the New Black. Stranger things is pretty good. And of course the classics such as Charmed, Buffy (or is that on Hulu?), Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Dexter.
I've watched Black Mirror, but while there are a few episodes I enjoyed, I didn't care for it much.

DarkSelene said:
Black Mirror is sci-fi anthology, drama, awesome examination of how technology functions in modern society. Some episodes are way better than others, though.

This.

Season 1 is the best IMO, I really enjoyed it. There's always "twists" in most episodes.

TheRealCallie said:
I don't watch much on Amazon, but if you like car shows, Grand Tour is supposed to be pretty good (basically Top Gear). My kid loves it.

This would basically be the only reason I'd get prime. I know there's other good shows but I loved Top Gear. I just don't watch TV enough to "get the value" of the price.

The Grand Tour is fantastic. Has me in stitches very much the same way Top Gear did

"Into the white", one of my most favorite...*inhales...FILMS. It is about a British bomber and a German bomber shooting each other down in the cold snowy mountains of somewhere, I forgot, and later meet up. The Germans have strong appeal towards the Nazi party and the two British pilots have a strong appeal against it. This is where the movie starts, for both sides learn to survive together and eventually bond and become friends, despite being enemies. I heard somewhere it was a true story.

The second movie is probably the best of all time. "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World". I will not say anything about it. Just watch it.

The third will have to be, "Amadeus", basically just Mozart's story, and the story of his enemy, Salieri. (I think that is how his name is spelled)

8c177a79f366ef305f7534fe8bae7009dd1d2407.jpg

Excellent series.

I just got Netflix, a couple days ago through Roku, but I find the interface to search for movies and managing the movies I picked difficult to deal with. All those suggestions will come handy to me : )

Otherwise I use Amazon Videos and there is quite a few free movies if you have Prime. Never tried Hulu.

I have Hulu, Netflix and Amazon (had Sling for a while, but only wanted that during the holiday season, so I cancelled that)

Hulu has some good original shows....AND.... AND....THEY HAVE ALL 15 SEASONS OF ER!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back