What's wrong?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Why  do  so  many  people  look  so  dull, bored,  just  passing  the  days  somehow?  Passing  tremendously  valuable time  which  they  will  not  be  able  to  recover—and  passing  with  such  dullness,  as  if  only  waiting  for  death.  What  has  happened  to  so  many  people? Why  don't  they  have  the  same  freshness  as  the  trees?  What  has  happened  to  human  beings?
There is so much to do, so much to learn, so much to experience. Then we are going to die anyway, no matter what. Then why not live the fullest of life before we leave?

Life. Life happened to human beings, ignorance, the need to categorise and label other humans dependant on what material objects/social status/education or career one has, complicated currency/trading/living standards, debt, greed, social/future and domestic pressures, overpopulation, pollution, terrorism, hate, corruption, betrayal...

The term "Ignorance is bliss" has never been so true. I applaud anyone who can keep a positive mind in such a negative world, sometimes we all struggle.

It is ones own perception that people look so dull, bored, just passing the the days somehow.
The colour red to one person may be burgundy to another and oxblood to someone else. It goes on endlessly.

Stop looking towards what others see, do and have.
The worlds misery is created by trying to make other peoples lives our own. Everyone is a victim.
Let people be lives of their own. If they want your perception they will ask for it like you have with your post.
Everything comes from within. Choices are made within.
You choose to read this or not to read this. The result is still your own after the decision you make.

There are people in the world who will always need help.
When we help someone we should always realise they are a life of their own.

This is the shortest video I could find on youtube that explains it.
I hope it helps answer your question.
Sadhguru - Where do you see me

It is ones own perception that people look so dull, bored, just passing the the days somehow.The colour red to one person may be burgundy to another and oxblood to someone else. It goes on endlessly.

It is not a mere perception. Most people do live their life without discovering their true self, realizing their truest potentials, or let's say, nothing else but just appreciating their life otherwise oh oh, why is there so much misery in the world? Millions of people are lonely, depressed, suffer from serious psychological issues, or live their life like machines, live life as a suffering.Saying otherwise is bullshit.
All one has to do is to scroll through the forums.

Stop looking towards what others see, do and have.
What is empathy?

The worlds misery is created by trying to make other peoples lives our own. Everyone is a victim. 
Does it also include people replying to posts here that ask the question, "What should I do....(xyz scenario)" ?

Also, when did I try to make other people's lives my own? I just asked a simple question. "What is the cause?" WOW.
 Now even wondering "why is there so much misery in this world" ... a seeminlgy forceful act? ugh, this PC era.

Everything comes from within. Choices are made within.
That doesn't mean that people don't take charge of whatever comes from within. Or just accept it with unawareness. I thought that awareness was necessary. But okay, who am I to say, I should let people live in misery and just watch them suffer.

There are people in the world who will always need help. When we help someone we should always realise they are a life of their own.
They do? Or is it one's own perception?  The colour red to one person may be burgundy to another and oxblood to someone else. ??
If they do, then it seems like helping them is not a good idea, right? Because as per you, one needs to  Stop looking towards what others see, do and have. 
Otherwise, they may get accused of trying to change people's lives their own. Like if I am happy, and trying to make others happy, isn't it doing the same thing, that you are accusing me of doing?

This is the shortest video I could find on youtube that explains it.
I hope it helps answer your question.
Sadhguru - Where do you see me

I don't think you are able to percieve a difference between trying to change people's lives as their own, and wondering what's bothering the people? (Hint: There is one.)
There is a difference between giving people a destination and giving them a direction.

Your perception is your own, as is your response to me.
I find that people like to use the word bullshit a lot.
My perception is that it is not empathy towards me.
I gave a response and point of view for which you asked.
I know what I know. I don't know what I don't know.

Latest posts

Back