Invisible

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Walker

Reaction score
I know I can't just expect random strangers to care about me, but I wish that people took more of an interest in talking to me. Especially when I hit them up first. I tend to stay on the negative side of the spectrum so i listen to a lot of dark and depresssing music. I happened to scroll through the comments on Youtube of course and saw a lot of younger folks on the edge like I had been. So I reached out to them and reassured that somebody cared about them and if nobody did then I would. You know what what's funny? Barely a single one replied. I have no clue if most of them are alive or dead by now. I'd like to think I helped but who knows. I told them that they could talk to me.. idk sometimes
My own friends never hit me up.. I rarely feel like trying with them anymore
I found this forum and thought I could cure my loneliness but I've already been forgotten in a sense
No new notifications days later, no messages, no reason to stop by. 
Like I said, I can't just expect the world to give a honeysuckle about me but it's hard to live this way like an outcast when you feel like you've never been accepted save maybe just a few times in this life.
If anyone wants to talk or be friends, please hit me up. This on and off depression is killing me
I'm invisible waving my hands in front of your face but getting no response and I'm tired of being the ghost that only succeeds in haunting himself while recalling the lost memories of when he was "alive"

Nick Walker said:
I know I can't just expect random strangers to care about me, but I wish that people took more of an interest in talking to me. Especially when I hit them up first. I tend to stay on the negative side of the spectrum so i listen to a lot of dark and depresssing music. I happened to scroll through the comments on Youtube of course and saw a lot of younger folks on the edge like I had been. So I reached out to them and reassured that somebody cared about them and if nobody did then I would. You know what what's funny? Barely a single one replied. I have no clue if most of them are alive or dead by now. I'd like to think I helped but who knows. I told them that they could talk to me.. idk sometimes
I found this forum and thought I could cure my loneliness but I've already been forgotten in a sense
Like I said, I can't just expect the world to give a honeysuckle about me but it's hard to live this way like an outcast when you feel like you've never been accepted save maybe just a few times in this life.
If anyone wants to talk or be friends, please hit me up. This on and off depression is killing me
I'm invisible waving my hands in front of your face but getting no response and I'm tired of being the ghost that only succeeds in haunting himself while recalling the lost memories of when he was "alive"

Well, is pretty difficult to comunicate on yt, the notification system sucks and it isn't a very personal space. But i know the feeling. Written you a pm, you are not alone :)

Nick Walker said:

Hi Nick,
I have a friend, she is depressed for 1 year and she thinks no one understand her feelings. For one year she felt broken and about to give up. Most mornings, getting up was a struggle. Just recently, we talked and I encouraged her to join a support group. She meets this group once a week and after attending few sessions, she is not the same person as before. She does not have the feeling of isolation anymore. She is comfortable sharing her problems without being judged.

I want to encourage you to search for a support group in your area, start with your local church and community website. I hope it will work for you too.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. Please keep on posting. We care for you. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and I hope you will feel better. I will be praying for you. Thank you for sharing.

j2415 said:
Nick Walker said:

Hi Nick,
I have a friend, she is depressed for 1 year and she thinks no one understand her feelings. For one year she felt broken and about to give up. Most mornings, getting up was a struggle. Just recently, we talked and I encouraged her to join a support group. She meets this group once a week and after attending few sessions, she is not the same person as before. She does not have the feeling of isolation anymore. She is comfortable sharing her problems without being judged.

I want to encourage you to search for a support group in your area, start with your local church and community website. I hope it will work for you too.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. Please keep on posting. We care for you. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and I hope you will feel better. I will be praying for you. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you, J2415
I'll definitely take what you said into consideration. I'm really busy these days so that'll be tricky but I'll have to make time. I'll keep posting for sure. I'm glad to hear your friend is doing better. No one deserves to feel like this cause it just eats away at you being stuck in isolation. 

I think there might be a number of reasons, but understand that it's pretty frustrating to not hear anything back. Sometimes I feel the same way if I write a long post in response to someone, and I have no idea if it helped them, if it made it worse, whatever.

Sometimes people don't feel safe trusting strangers online (I've met a lot of people looking to exploit others this way when they're lonely, scared, and desperate), or the next day they're feeling unsure how to express their feelings or if they even want to talk about it at all. Some things seem rational to say online at 2am when you're alone, but look different in daylight.

If you are so interesting that you wish people would take interest in you, then take interest in yourself. You can't expect people to act in a certain way, not saying that they wouldn't but because you don't know what world they are living in and what world they have created within themselves. You don't know any of it, just like they don't know yours. You will have to realize this, because at some point in life people might hit you up, or take interest in you, and it would make you happy, sure. But your happiness or the way you feel about yourself will be dependent on them. You'll become the slave of their actions. The moment someone doesn't treat you well, you'll be back to where you were. That's not a great approach.
If you have something (anything) you want to talk about, you can talk to me.

Latest posts

Back