career?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weste

Reaction score
Hello people. Was wondering what you do for a living (if you're willing to share). My current career I make 30k a year and I'm getting desperate. I hate it and I wish I was making more money. I want to go back to school but I'm at a complete lost on what to go for. If anyone would share some ideas that would be great. Thanks.

I'm working in a front line customer service sort of job, including being part of the operations team. Kinda have to be an all-rounder at my job.

I don't like it. :(

I've been wanting to go back to school too, and for some time I figured out what I wanted to do, but then I lost the inspiration again when I know I'd have a hard time committing to it. I gave up wanting it.

TheLoadedDog said:
I am a postal worker.  No, I am not armed.  Maybe.

Tried getting into that. It's nigh impossible here in Canada now, you need diplomas through the arse. And they start you part time. With the child support, I can't.
Sad. I like walking. Specially in the elements.

9006 said:
Compound Extruder.

Is this a fancy way of saying you honeysuckle for a living?

Anyways, why do you NEED to go back to school OP? How is that going to make you more money?

I'm a teacher and while I love my job it took a lot unsatisfying work experience to finally get me here. 

Going back to school can be helpful as long as it's not a masters or phd. I reckon it's better to try out different jobs and then further your studies in that area so it will push you forward. And you might even find that you may not need the high academic qualifications after all, depending on the job.

I stuck around for a bit in a job that was completely draining until I got myself financially stable enough to risk switching jobs. It was tough but I didn't have much to fall back on so I had to. That might be worth thinking about as well. 

Good luck! Keep trying...it might be hard but it is better to try than not.

Amelia said:
I'm a teacher and while I love my job it took a lot unsatisfying work experience to finally get me here. 

Going back to school can be helpful as long as it's not a masters or phd. I reckon it's better to try out different jobs and then further your studies in that area so it will push you forward. And you might even find that you may not need the high academic qualifications after all, depending on the job.

I stuck around for a bit in a job that was completely draining until I got myself financially stable enough to risk switching jobs. It was tough but I didn't have much to fall back on so I had to. That might be worth thinking about as well. 

Good luck! Keep trying...it might be hard but it is better to try than not.

You'd be my favourite teacher. :D

I'm a project manager in the IT industry.

I hate it and think it might be the reason why I don't socialize much, feel so stressed and vulnerable. The company I work for do not treat their staff right, we just resources. I find it so draining with no hope that think might get better. I do need to look for an other job but I just cannot find the energy to do it.

I'm IT manager who wants to leave it and work as adventurer/politician/philantropist/lifecoach/lotsofothers.

Gonna leave IT job this year.

ClearVeneer said:
I'm a project manager in the IT industry.

I hate it and think it might be the reason why I don't socialize much, feel so stressed and vulnerable. The company I work for do not treat their staff right, we just resources. I find it so draining with no hope that think might get better. I do need to look for an other job but I just cannot find the energy to do it.

Wow, ClearVeneer! We seem to be fellow sufferers.

Exactly same experience after IT. Hugs.

Augusto said:
I'm IT manager who wants to leave it and work as adventurer/politician/philantropist/lifecoach/lotsofothers.

Gonna leave IT job this year.

If you're ever looking for 'em, with utmost pleasure I'll volunteer to be in your band, Mr. Banzai, keep me in mind :D
(Yes, Buckaroo Banzai reference, for those who don't know what I'm saying lol).
I find this line admirable and wish you luck.

I'm a mental Health Nurse.... Just had a year off and now I'm back in the health care system! I was hoping for a change but the money is too good to turn down!

Also I'm also a Digital Artist and Genealogist which I do on the side more as a hobby.

I'm currently at university and wish I had a 30k a year job. Is that dollars or pounds?

Programmer and application developer (all inhouse applications) I like it alright but get annoyed about the people in charge prioritizing the wrong things, and halting progress in our organisation.

MisterLonely said:
Programmer and application developer (all inhouse applications) I like it alright but get annoyed about the people in charge prioritizing the wrong things, and halting progress in our organisation.

...isn't that generally what leaders are paid to do? Screw up constantly while getting recognition and praise for YOUR successes? lol

Sorry. I'm kind of bitter about the corporate world. Been a long time I've seen someone to follow in it.

Latest posts

Back