Just to be heard

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey

So, I started looking for a forum I could sorta get out all my thoughts. 

Recently, I was talking with my boyfriend about how I have no friends (to be fair.. I moved 8 hours away from where my friends were and they all ended up moving all around the world) and we pretty much came to the conclusion... I am a bit awkward in conversation. I sorta jump from small talk to.... basically a deeper conversation. He said from his point of view I overwhelm the new people and they lose interest in the conversation.

It hurts to think how awkward I have been, but I figure maybe if I can get it out elsewhere... maybe I could tolerate small talk better. While it isn't my favorite (small talk), I still need to have friends to hang out with. 

So, hopefully you all are interested in topics like human behavior, meaning of life, thinking through solutions for better living.. idk. I dont know if there is really a way to categorize the random things going through my mind. But.. this forum looked like it had topics I would have interest in posting about. 

So... hello and thanks for reading! I hopefully this is the right place for me!

OverTheRainbow said:
Hey

Recently, I was talking with my boyfriend about how I have no friends (to be fair.. I moved 8 hours away from where my friends were and they all ended up moving all around the world) and we pretty much came to the conclusion... I am a bit awkward in conversation. I sorta jump from small talk to.... basically a deeper conversation. He said from his point of view I overwhelm the new people and they lose interest in the conversation.

It hurts to think how awkward I have been, but I figure maybe if I can get it out elsewhere... maybe I could tolerate small talk better. While it isn't my favorite (small talk), I still need to have friends to hang out with. 

So, hopefully you all are interested in topics like human behavior, meaning of life, thinking through solutions for better living.. idk. I dont know if there is really a way to categorize the random things going through my mind. But.. this forum looked like it had topics I would have interest in posting about. 

Let me tell you a story (one I think I have bored people here with before).  My last partner and I used to go up to a little place that was special to us.  It was a lookout in the lower mountains, and you could see over the city.  Great view and magic place.  Plan was we'd go there and whisper sweet nothings.  Did that happen?  Sometimes.  But more usually, we'd get into a deep discussion about philosophy, politics etc.  And you know what?  it was BETTER.

So hook in to deep conversations.  A lot of us like that.

If you where to follow up on "Hello" with a conversation on a deeper topic I'd totally go along with that because it would be actual thoughtful interaction beyond merely acknowledging each other's presence...

...oh and, err, "Hello" ;) 

(also a random recommendation, don't know if you've come across it before but this just popped into my head while reading your post: XKCD webcomic)

I know the feeling.
Welcome to the site, dear. I'm sure you'll fit right in. I for one toss jokes around then start talking about death and taxes.

Never mind Richard. He is harmless for the most part. He might start talking about explosives, but then we just increase the lithium. ;)

No wait... I talk about explosives too. Oh well. My username is a clue.

OHHHHH! LITHIUM!!!!

Where?

Dammit, another mirage, voice in me head!

The human soul is such a miserable place to be in...

I like poptarts. :)

OverTheRainbow said:
Hey

I can be like spit on the griddle...all over the place when I talk
I am awkward too...especially IRL
I write poetry and short stories...but not often enough
I can be shallow, topical, or deep and conceptual.

Girlfriend, I feel you. Small talk.... *shudder*

How I would love to talk about life, the universe, and everything...

Latest posts

Back