Life is so hard!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManitobaBrit70

Reaction score
Can someone please explain life to me because I really don't understand why its so hard and complicated!? :(
Feeling very sad and lonely today and need motivation........

I wish I could help. Feeling a bit like you today.
I think it's like that with the best of us. Because we can take it. At least that's what I tell myself at night.

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

9006 said:
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

I've been living on a similar notion for the past three weeks.

RadioMan said:
What's hard & complicated about it?

No need to answer that, I saw your other post explaining things. Not sure I should comment about that here though.

Only thing that comes to mind is that it's up to you to create your own happiness when things are so difficult.

I RadioMan said:
RadioMan said:

No need to answer that, I saw your other post explaining things. Not sure I should comment about that here though.

Only thing that comes to mind is that it's up to you to create your own happiness when things are so difficult.

And every time I try to make it better it always ends up worse.... That’s why I don’t understand it.

ManitobaBrit70 said:
I  RadioMan said:
RadioMan said:

And every time I try to make it better it always ends up worse.... That’s why I don’t understand it.

You just have to keep trying until you get to a better place.  Just make sure you aren't doing the same things, expecting something different to happen.

When you feel alone, you feel more vulnerable to what life might throw at you. When it is persistent, I found the best thing is to try to do something about it. It can be read about it, writing down what would you do if this or that happens, what would make things better. Usually it takes me out of that feeling... for a while at least.

ManitobaBrit70 said:
Can someone please explain life to me because I really don't understand why its so hard and complicated!? :(
Feeling very sad and lonely today and need motivation........

I've always felt the same way.  Things have always seemed difficult for me too, from the small things to the big things.

I think one reason that life is hard and complicated, is that it's hard to align everything we do towards one purpose.  There are so many competing interests we have in life, usually between necessity and desire, and it can feel like you're being pulled in two or more different directions at once.  

For example, you have to have a job, but it might not fulfill you.  It's probably going to be something utilitarian and not something you truly care about or something that will make you a more interesting, attractive person.  You need to be at least somewhat competent at the job to keep it, but if you aren't truly interested in it this can be hard.  But you need it to eat to live...just to do it all over again.   The uncertainty here is if you are really doing the best you can do, or if you could be doing something you like more, getting paid more, etc.     

Then you need to get good at something you like, for the sake of your soul.  And then, you need to have things to share and talk about with others in order to be interesting, and you have to learn to say things in the right way, otherwise you'll wind up alone. You have to have one of the right personalities.  All of this takes time and work to really understand what you are trying to do, which you may not even get, and you're not sure which if any of these things will even work at all. All of those things are really complex themselves and require a lot of understanding to master.  And there's no set path you can follow either, you have to learn this stuff on your own.

And at all these things, we have to compete with everyone else out there.

So without even considering anything else, that's several different directions you have to go in at once.  That's why it's always seemed hard for me, anyway.

That's just the nature of life.

Life is hard and unfair.

But here's a secret. 

It's hard and unfair for everybody.

The billionaire and the guy who can sleep with any girl that he wants?

He has the same feelings you do. He also has problems and stressors. He also has challenges and obstacles he must over come. 

Take solace in that.

UglyLoser said:

He has the same feelings you do. He also has problems and stressors. He also has challenges and obstacles he must over come. 

I really don't think they do. At that point, the only real problem they have anymore is their own mortality.

One thing that really scares me is seeing people who do everything right or at least people who follow the rules, only for nothing to work for them anyway, while other people do all kinds of awful or at least stupid things, sometimes on purpose, only to dumb-luck into huge success.

TheSkaFish said:
UglyLoser said:

I really don't think they do.  At that point, the only real problem they have anymore is their own mortality.

One thing that really scares me is seeing people who do everything right or at least people who follow the rules, only for nothing to work for them anyway, while other people do all kinds of awful or at least stupid things, sometimes on purpose, only to dumb-luck into huge success.

Do you honestly think people who have money or that can get any girl they want doesn't have problems behind closed doors?  How many celebrities have killed themselves?  Doesn't that tell you anything?  Fame and money aren't everything, it doesn't buy you happiness.  A poor person can be just as happy as any famous person.  A poor person can get "the girl" too.  However, the problem is that you have to be....yes, I'm going to say it...CONFIDENT.  You have to have something to give, you have to be willing to give yourself.  Considering that quite a few here can't even give to themselves, how do you expect to give to anyone else?   I truly believe the only thing stopping you (and others) is your own **** self.  Your inability to make it in the world.  Not because you can't, but because you won't.  Because you set yourself so high on a pedestal, that you can't (or won't) get down.  Let go of some of the pride and get your ass out into the world and do what you have to do to get where you want to be.  Starting from the bottom does not mean you are a loser, it just means that you are on your way.

TheSkaFish said:
who follow the rules

AH!
I think I just found your problem.

Who the HELL ever told you you needed to follow the rules? Most of the successful people in life broke them. Jean COutu got rich off an accident (long story lol), Bill Gates stole a military and Steve Jobs program, Donald Trump messed half the US (the other one just for kicks) and had initial millions from his dadda, Clinton got blown (literally), hell, even Castro had some help from Russia. Depending on what your definition of success is and what your definition of the rules is....you have to break them. Not obey them.

You want something outside the box to happen? Break a couple of rules (I don't mean go out and shoot someone, but don't take no for an answer).

I hate to steal a phrase (actually I love it) but if you want something drastic or unexpected to happen, you have "to boldly go where no man has gone before". No matter how scary that might be.
I personally got shot at once, made a lot of fears irrelevant. Now I'm thinking about trying hallucinogenics lol. I'm not suggesting the same, but whatever it is ain't working, come at it sideways.

Uninteresting and unrelated sidenote, I chuckled the first time I read "It's so hard!".

TheSkaFish said:
UglyLoser said:

I really don't think they do. At that point, the only real problem they have anymore is their own mortality.

That's really senseless to say.

Latest posts

Back