Did you ever think you'd die from loneliness ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Bones

Reaction score
That's how I feel. In the pit of my stomach. It's getting more and more difficult to keep my spirits up as the last few years have gone by. I go to AA meetings, spend time with my sponsor, see a therapist, but I'm lonely at work, all the time, at home with my wife and daughter (not as much as work) . I'm trying but it's been getting more difficult for a long time now. That's what scares me. Please don't judge, I'm trying to get better, I'm just feeling Soo low right now.
Thanks for Reading,
Joe

Joey Bones said:
That's how I feel. In the pit of my stomach. It's getting more and more difficult to keep my spirits up as the last few years have gone by. I go to AA meetings, spend time with my sponsor, see a therapist, but I'm lonely at work, all the time, at home with my wife and daughter (not as much as work) . I'm trying but it's been getting more difficult for a long time now. That's what scares me. Please don't judge, I'm trying to get better, I'm just feeling Soo low right now.
Thanks for Reading,
Joe

What you're doing isn't easy. And it's brave.
There's not much that can be said beyond that man. You chose an up and down road and you're living a down. But you ARE doing the right thing. If you can feel satisfaction out of anything else, feel satisfaction out of that.
I'm sure your wife and daughter view that as a man to be proud of.
I understand you, though. I'm much the same. I feel lonely most of the time except when I'm with my daughters.
But you know what? They are ALL I need.
Us against the world.
Alone I bleed.
With them...we're the Avengers.
Find what gets you up in the morning and hold on to it. When the storm passes, you'll find out you're happy to be alive.

Take care friend.

Thanks Richard. I wish there was a LIKE or THANK YOU button. Sometimes it's just good to spill what I'm feeling and get a little encouragement, makes me feel a little less alone LOL. The fight can be quite tiring. I hope you have a peaceful day.

Joey Bones said:
Thanks Richard. I wish there was a LIKE or THANK YOU button. Sometimes it's just good to spill what I'm feeling and get a little encouragement, makes me feel a little less alone LOL. The fight can be quite tiring. I hope you have a peaceful day.

LOL Honestly it's been hell today.
But then again, isn't life one great big fight? ;-)
Warriors fight. When they fall they get back up.
I know it feels good to just spill your guts sometimes and say you're tired. Done so myself, I have a huge thread should be a diary more than anything else.
That's what we're here for. Anytime, man.

Do you ever go out and do something? Take the family out for a movie or bowling or something like that....something FUN, something to get away from the boring routine.

TheRealCallie said:
Do you ever go out and do something?  Take the family out for a movie or bowling or something like that....something FUN, something to get away from the boring routine.

Great suggestions. Yes I do.

Not die necessarily, but it is upsetting sometimes. I'm one of those people who's social by nature so it hurts to feel so cut off. I'm not surprised that it can feel like dying of loneliness for some people.

I cry almost every day. I've felt it coming on today for a long time. Thought I might be able to get away from it, but not after reading your post.

I worry almost every day, my loneliness will kill me. I'm isolated. Alone. Even though there are people around. I'm seeing people tonight. I don't know how to get out of it. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm just going to keep on going. Hope it gets better.

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I can tell you are really down by the words in your post. You mentioned you do AA meetings and therapy. Can I suggest something that might seem a little odd since it is a little different? Have you considered volunteering somewhere, like maybe a thrift shop or a shelter or something like that? I don't know why, but there is something very uplifting about helping those in need. I'm not saying to drop everything else and dive headlong into this, but maybe try it once or twice. What have you got to lose? If you need help finding somewhere near you, you can try contacting a community or fellowship type church. They usually have good links to outreach programs.

Yes i tthought I would die from being lonely. No family no friends. Not a single convessation for months. You sound like a whiney little boy who doesn't deserve the family you have

Seahorse said:
Yes i tthought I would die from being lonely. No family no friends. Not a single convessation for months. You sound like a whiney little boy who doesn't deserve the family you have

...he shouldn't feel lonely because he has a family? Not sure what you're getting at here.

Just because you have family doesn't mean you can't be lonely. I was the loneliest I have ever been when I was married.... Maybe you could find a little compassion and not judge someone you don't know.

iCanMakeIt said:
I cry almost every day. I've felt it coming on today for a long time. Thought I might be able to get away from it, but not after reading your post.

I worry almost every day, my loneliness will kill me. I'm isolated. Alone. Even though there are people around. I'm seeing people tonight. I don't know how to get out of it. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm just going to keep on going. Hope it gets better.

I feel as though crying alone, or at least without human consolation is something that is cleansing. It is human to cry. I have not cried from pain in about 18 years. I wish I could but I suppose I'm somehow not allowing myself to, or not really getting in touch with myself. Numb ? Something died inside ?

Do you get any relief from crying ?

Seahorse said:

You need to chill out. If you feel the need to be nasty towards someone, perhaps you shouldn't respond. And before you want to point out how other people are, you should look at yourself first. You send out nasty attitude, you get it in return.

LookUp1430 said:
I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I can tell you are really down by the words in your post. You mentioned you do AA meetings and therapy. Can I suggest something that might seem a little odd since it is a little different? Have you considered volunteering somewhere, like maybe a thrift shop or a shelter or something like that? I don't know why, but there is something very uplifting about helping those in need. I'm not saying to drop everything else and dive headlong into this, but maybe try it once or twice. What have you got to lose? If you need help finding somewhere near you, you can try contacting a community or fellowship type church. They usually have good links to outreach programs.

I used to visit my grandparents and uncle when they were alive, today I make it a point to see my father in law/mother in law and include them in everything I can. Because ity helps them. And that helps me. I went to a benefit and brought others with me for a longtime lost buddy a few weeks ago. Donated done cool raffle items, stuff like that does feel good, I'm always looking for practical opportunities such as this, usually I don't have to look very far. Thank You for the suggestions, maybe I'll delve a little deeper on them.

Hang in there man....I've been lonely throughout my marriage because of various reasons lack of money to do stuff,not getting on with the wife  because of pressures bringing up kids etc.It has got better for me now that the kids have grown up and I'm trying to rebuild my life by getting out of my box and changing my routine and pushing myself to take part in new activities .There is light at the end of the tunnel and being friends with my wife again has helped greatly for me...good luck mate.

Joturbo said:
Hang in there man....I've been lonely throughout my marriage because of various reasons lack of money to do stuff,not getting on with the wife  because of pressures bringing up kids etc.It has got better for me now that the kids have grown up and I'm trying to rebuild my life by getting out of my box and changing my routine and pushing myself to take part in new activities .There is light at the end of the tunnel and being friends with my wife again has helped greatly for me...good luck mate.

I can relate to the family issues and different stages. When my kids were younger there was much opportunity to be involved, little league coaching, football games, etc etc, always a reason to be out and about and around other parents. As they grew there was simply less opportunity, that's how it rolled for me. One stage ends, another begins. My kids are just about grown and more or less adults. They still need me, not as much, it has been the time for adjustment and for letting go. There's no stopping it ::)

I find it's easier to relate with/make friends with guys in similar family situations. They know the joys, pains, frustrations that are common. They are going through or have gone through what I am.

Latest posts

Back