Feeling like you break everything you touch?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
Firstly, I know it's not rational, or even possible. But recently I left a job that was starting to fall apart with a manager HR was looking to fire. I went on several dates with a really nice guy, and then he decided his trust issues were too severe and he wasn't ready for a relationship. Etc. Etc. Just seems like everything I get involved with lately takes a turn for the worse.

Are there just people like that? Some of us who are just so "different" that our presence throws everything off?

I hear ya. I go through phases where every thing seems to go wrong. Its hard to stay positive at all times, but I try to remember to be grateful for any thing positive no matter how small

Tealeaf said:
Firstly, I know it's not rational, or even possible. But recently I left a job that was starting to fall apart with a manager HR was looking to fire. I went on several dates with a really nice guy, and then he decided his trust issues were too severe and he wasn't ready for a relationship. Etc. Etc. Just seems like everything I get involved with lately takes a turn for the worse.

Are there just people like that? Some of us who are just so "different" that our presence throws everything off?

I get what you mean, seems like that when things go to crap.  But both those things you posted about have nothing to do with you specifically.  We can't control what other people do.

Sometimes it just feels like it's one thing after another, but you shouldn't start blaming yourself.

Seahorse said:
I hear ya. I go through phases where every thing seems to go wrong. Its hard to stay positive at all times, but I try to remember to be grateful for any thing positive no matter how small

That's a good way of thinking.

Yes. I've thought that too many things I've connected to have gone all wrong, one after the other. I don't think I caused it though....it was more a matter of my choosing people, jobs, activities etc that were already doomed, so to speak. So in a sense it is on me, being attracted to defective enterprises.

I feel my entire life is one miserable series of unfortunate events after the next.

Of course, I always end up figuring I'm the problem, no matter what other people's assurances I'm not are.
I just don't tell them that.
I keep my goal in mind; that wooden rocking chair.

M_also_lonely said:
What if he really had that issue?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't feel it changes anything -- on the off-chance I do connect with anyone, either they're not emotionally capable of being close to others or they just don't like me specifically after a while. Both are pretty depressing to think about.

In either case, I got a callback with a new job offer the next day, so at least I can enjoy money.

Tealeaf said:

I feel like a problem I have is that I let others choose me instead of me choosing them. So others typically have problems and red flags that made others not choose them. Then they get to me and I can't figure out why so many weird or broken people are in my zone. It is because I let others come to me, instead of actively seeing someone great and going after them.

Latest posts

Back